travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Rental phone in Japan

Forum > Round the World Travel  
posted by anonymous on 29 Mar 2005
Rental phone in Japan
Hi There,
Last month, I visited Tokyo and rent a from www.tourfone.com. I found renting a phone with local numbers are very convenient and cheap. The phones can be delivered to the hotel in Japan. And cost only $2/day for rental. The one I used has a 3Million pixel digital camera. So if you forget to take a camera, the phone can be used as a camera and send the snap shot instantly. Sending and receiving emails. Only $0.5/min for local calls, and $0.9/min for int'l calls. Incoming is free. No deposit. And I also agree it's probably cheaper to rent when you get to Japan than in another country beforehand.
And I think you can visit www.tourfone.com to get more details.
Have a good trip, all!

party-girl
party-girl responded to Rental phone in Japan on 8 Jun 2011
There are actually a lot of services that provide phone cards when you are in Japan. However, I usually hook up my iPhone to some Wifi and then simply use Skype at no cost. If you are there for business, I recommend jailbreaking your phone or take some old cell with you that is unlocked.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Statue of Freedom-Tiny Info

Recent Topics in Round the World Travel Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
hiendoanvn vietnam visa
by hiendoanvn on 18 Dec 13 (inside Round the World Travel) Hi!
I need Vietnam visa to travel into Vietnam. But i don't know how to get Vietnam visa on arrival. Who can help me?
I know Vietnam…
1 6 doanvn
18 Dec 13 >>
helpintrip Looking for travel guides
by helpintrip on 26 Aug 13 (inside Round the World Travel) We are happy to announce our new travel website – helpintrip.com – social network that unites guides, translators, photographers, drivers, trainers, tourists and independent travelers…
0 8 helpintrip
26 Aug 13 >>
vishal150 Cheap Vacational rental help?
by vishal150 on 30 May 13 (inside Round the World Travel) Hey Everyone,
I have 8 members in my family and i want to help for cheap vacational rental in Illinois.please help me.
Thanks
2 10 zsoldicsa
11 Jun 13 >>
adsafaris Volunteering opportunities in Kenya
by adsafaris on 28 Nov 12 (inside Round the World Travel) Are you wondering where you could get an opportunity to volunteer in a rewarding organization?Work and support children realize your dreams?Look no further,we offer accommodation…
2 36 adsafaris
5 Dec 12 >>
Abelard01 How to book hotel rooms in bulk?
by Abelard01 on 12 Nov 12 (inside Round the World Travel) Hello Community,
I want to book hotel rooms in bulk, around 25 rooms for four days. I want to know which one will be the better…
1 32 zangazanga
4 Dec 12 >>
Abelard01 How to get the cheapest hotel deals?
by Abelard01 on 7 Nov 12 (inside Round the World Travel) Hello Community,
How can I find the cheapest hotel deals online? If anyone having any idea relating topic please suggest me.
Best Regards,
Abelard Balthasar
8 122 andlynsheeba
23 Nov 12 >>
RonaG Top 5 destinations
by RonaG on 10 Oct 12 (inside Round the World Travel) If you could visit 5 places in the world, what would they be?
7 38 andlynsheeba
26 Nov 12 >>
BrettJ Trip to Nepal, any thoughts?
by BrettJ on 27 Sep 12 (inside Round the World Travel) We're planning a trip to Nepal early next year. What to do, where to go, anything.. Any tips are greatly appreciated!
11 34 strangetravel
7 Nov 12 >>
tks90046 Going on Vacation? Travel Channel Series Wants You!!
by tks90046 on 9 Feb 12 (inside Round the World Travel) SAME OLD BORING VACATION PLANNED? WANT YOUR TRIP FLIPPED?
You saved up all year for this vacation, but secretly you're hoping for a trip that will…
8 332 2Adirondack4U
2 Aug 12 >>
Jansport JanSport Europe is giving away a trip through Europe!
by Jansport on 8 Dec 11 (inside Round the World Travel) Till 16 January 2012 you can enter the HUF competition on JanSport Europe€™ Facebook page:  http://bit.ly/uqgbDO
Simply €˜Like the JanSport Europe Facebook page, enter your details,…
3 32 danpop
12 Dec 11 >>
Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it