travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Rental phone in Japan

Forum > Round the World Travel  
posted by anonymous on 29 Mar 2005
Rental phone in Japan
Hi There,
Last month, I visited Tokyo and rent a from www.tourfone.com. I found renting a phone with local numbers are very convenient and cheap. The phones can be delivered to the hotel in Japan. And cost only $2/day for rental. The one I used has a 3Million pixel digital camera. So if you forget to take a camera, the phone can be used as a camera and send the snap shot instantly. Sending and receiving emails. Only $0.5/min for local calls, and $0.9/min for int'l calls. Incoming is free. No deposit. And I also agree it's probably cheaper to rent when you get to Japan than in another country beforehand.
And I think you can visit www.tourfone.com to get more details.
Have a good trip, all!

party-girl
party-girl responded to Rental phone in Japan on 8 Jun 2011
There are actually a lot of services that provide phone cards when you are in Japan. However, I usually hook up my iPhone to some Wifi and then simply use Skype at no cost. If you are there for business, I recommend jailbreaking your phone or take some old cell with you that is unlocked.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Statue of Freedom-Tiny Info

Recent Topics in Round the World Travel Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
mountainmart Trekking To Nepal
by mountainmart on 28 Jul 14 (inside Round the World Travel) We offer the cheapest and most wonderful trips for Nepal Everest trek, Annapurna trek, Lang tang trek, cultural tour, hiking, sightseeing, Mountain flight and adventure…
2 10 alic
26 Sep 14 >>
JaswinderSingh Volunteer Travel
by JaswinderSingh on 22 Jul 14 (inside Round the World Travel) I want to try Volunteer Travel. Will my host pay for ticket and visa.
2 8 BespokeD
30 Aug 14 >>
hiendoanvn vietnam visa
by hiendoanvn on 18 Dec 13 (inside Round the World Travel) Hi!
I need Vietnam visa to travel into Vietnam. But i don't know how to get Vietnam visa on arrival. Who can help me?
I know Vietnam…
1 8 doanvn
18 Dec 13 >>
helpintrip Looking for travel guides
by helpintrip on 26 Aug 13 (inside Round the World Travel) We are happy to announce our new travel website – helpintrip.com – social network that unites guides, translators, photographers, drivers, trainers, tourists and independent travelers…
0 8 helpintrip
26 Aug 13 >>
vishal150 Cheap Vacational rental help?
by vishal150 on 30 May 13 (inside Round the World Travel) Hey Everyone,
I have 8 members in my family and i want to help for cheap vacational rental in Illinois.please help me.
Thanks
2 10 zsoldicsa
11 Jun 13 >>
adsafaris Volunteering opportunities in Kenya
by adsafaris on 28 Nov 12 (inside Round the World Travel) Are you wondering where you could get an opportunity to volunteer in a rewarding organization?Work and support children realize your dreams?Look no further,we offer accommodation…
2 38 adsafaris
5 Dec 12 >>
Abelard01 How to book hotel rooms in bulk?
by Abelard01 on 12 Nov 12 (inside Round the World Travel) Hello Community,
I want to book hotel rooms in bulk, around 25 rooms for four days. I want to know which one will be the better…
1 46 zangazanga
4 Dec 12 >>
Abelard01 How to get the cheapest hotel deals?
by Abelard01 on 7 Nov 12 (inside Round the World Travel) Hello Community,
How can I find the cheapest hotel deals online? If anyone having any idea relating topic please suggest me.
Best Regards,
Abelard Balthasar
8 124 andlynsheeba
23 Nov 12 >>
RonaG Top 5 destinations
by RonaG on 10 Oct 12 (inside Round the World Travel) If you could visit 5 places in the world, what would they be?
7 39 andlynsheeba
26 Nov 12 >>
BrettJ Trip to Nepal, any thoughts?
by BrettJ on 27 Sep 12 (inside Round the World Travel) We're planning a trip to Nepal early next year. What to do, where to go, anything.. Any tips are greatly appreciated!
11 35 strangetravel
7 Nov 12 >>
Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it