travelgrove travel forums

Forum

Skiing in Romania

Forum > Europe & Russia > Romania  
erato
posted by erato on 9 May 2009
Skiing in Romania
Where are the best ski areas in Romania and how can one get to them? Can someone give me some details about this please?

stef
stef responded to Skiing in Romania on 9 May 2009
The closest ski area to your location is Arieseni. In my opinion it isn't worth to go there for one day, because of the mess traffic, but it very nice when you sleep there. There are some nice hotels and motels too. For this check http://www.turismvirtual.ro/cazare/Arieseni/
The problem is, that the lifts are nearly useless, because of the tons of skier. You have to wait 30 mins to get to the lift.
It's ideal with kids or when you are beginner.
The classic places like Poiana Brasov, Sinaia, Predeal are such expensive, that it's better to go to Austria, where you have much much better conditions.
There are some other areas in Harguita for example which aren't so well knowned and crowded, but they are far from Oradea.

marius_f
marius_f responded to Skiing in Romania on 13 May 2009
Carpathian Mountains offer many places for ski, but for touring ski and extreme ski as well. There are beautiful, wild landscapes in Prahova Valley and Rodnei Mountains for skiers, in Apuseni and Retezat for those who like touring ski and in Fagaras Mountains for extreme ski and Helski lovers:). I wrote a longer article about this especially for you and others who are interested, so that you can get more details here: http://www.travelgrove.com/community/users/marius_f/articles/80437/Ski%20resorts%20in%20Romania/ .
Of course there are many other resorts in Romania, I visited most of them myself:D If you have any other questions about the topic, do not hesitate to ask them, I - as an expert traveler:P - will surely answer.

cipristb
cipristb responded to Skiing in Romania on 14 May 2009
You can go alse at Straja, it's a nice place for skiing. I was there last year. You have to arrive first to Lupeni wich is a is a mining city in the Jiu Valley in Hunedoara County and from there you at 15 or 18 km aproximately is Straja. Other places for skiing in Romania you can find in Maramures County at Cavnic or Borsa http://www.turismromanesc.ro/cazare-in-Borsa
but I don't know if you'll find some snow at this time.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Seaside Travel - Noise Versus Chill

Recent Topics in Romania Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
dsnica Tour Guide in Romania (Bucharest)
by dsnica on 7 Apr 13 (inside Romania) Hello friends,

My name is Daniel and I am a professional tour guide.
My Experience:
8 years as English speaking guide through Romania, but also…
0 24 dsnica
7 Apr 13 >>
henryka_marks Romania Trip
by henryka_marks on 2 Jan 13 (inside Romania) Hello Friends,
I am Henryka. I love traveling. This time I am planning to visit Romania for 10-15 days. Can you please suggest me Romania’s attractive…
1 13 tomtum
11 Feb 13 >>
flavius77 Private Guide, Tour Guide or Driver in Romania?
by flavius77 on 11 Jun 12 (inside Romania) I offer my services as Private Guide, Tour Guide or Driver in Romania, my beutiful homeland. Find more details here: tourguideromania.blogspot.com
6 116 mikytamp
18 Jan 13 >>
Steve Timeliness of information on Romania.
by Steve on 5 Dec 10 (inside Romania) I noticed that the economic figures cited were from the early 2000s. Can you tell me when this guide for Romania was last updated?
I plan…
1 228 mikytamp
8 Nov 12 >>
RavenParamore Church of the Holy Paraclete.
by RavenParamore on 22 Oct 10 (inside Romania) I would like to know some information about a church in Tirgoviste. It is called Church of the Holy Paraclete. I would to have some…
0 275 RavenParamore
22 Oct 10 >>
MadSuh Flying to Romania next week
by MadSuh on 26 Nov 09 (inside Romania) Anybody know of a good airline that will take me as close as possible to Oradea? I know Tarom and CarpatAir are flying there, but…
0 653 MadSuh
26 Nov 09 >>
protravel How to get from (Budapest) Ferihegy to Oradea
by protravel on 28 Aug 09 (inside Romania) I will be flying into Budapest next week and kind of need someone to tell me what the cheapest way is to get to Oradea.…
1 664 zlori
28 Aug 09 >>
Tudi Seaside Travel - Noise Versus Chill
by Tudi on 22 May 09 (inside Romania) Ever since me and my friend were kids, we've made it a habit to visit the Romanian sea side every summer. Until a couple of…
1 383 lifecruiser
22 May 09 >>
Other topics from erato Replies Views Last Post
erato English Breakfast vs. Continental Breakfast
by erato on 20 Apr 09 (inside Hotels) Could anyone tell me please what is the difference between English and Continental breakfast? Hotel rooms with Continental breakfast are much cheaper. Why is that…
6 4572 erato
23 Apr 09 >>
erato Seniors Home Exchange
by erato on 22 Apr 09 (inside Round the World Travel) I just found a site offering "straight vacation exchanges" for elder people (over 50). The base idea is to change your home with somebody else…
7 503 khalid2167
8 Jun 09 >>
erato Ski in Las Vegas?
by erato on 23 Apr 09 (inside Las Vegas) Can you really ski in Las Vegas? On which part of it? I just checked and saw there is currently 31 C degrees in Vegas.…
1 194 stef
24 Apr 09 >>
erato What one-way car rental means?
by erato on 29 Apr 09 (inside Car Rentals) Can anyone explain to me? Thanks.
6 3298 mikehenry
13 Apr 12 >>
erato Any word limit for articles in Travelgrove's contest?
by erato on 1 May 09 (inside Travelgrove Q and A) I'm just wondering seeing shorter articles (10 points) than some of my reviews (3 point). Is there any limit? Thanks.
2 442 zlori
16 Aug 11 >>
Recent activity from erato
erato added a new post in the topic need to have information for accommodation in borad beach
Hey,
Check out TripAdvisor reviews:
http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g658842-d275621-Reviews-Phoenician_Resort_Broadbeach-Broadbeach_Gold_Coast_Queensland.html
Or run a search on Travelgrove and find reviews w/ prices at providers' sites.
erato added a new post in the topic Top 10 Canadian Beaches
Basin Head? PE Island is my dream destination because of the series Road to Avonlea. Do you happen to know, is Basin Head near the…
erato added a new post in the topic How to get the cheapest hotel deals?
Hi,
First of all, you should look here, on Travelgrove's hotel search, there are some pretty good rates here.
erato added a new post in the topic Hirtshals - Aalborg
@carolgreen616: I know there's train service too, but I could not find it online..
yet what I could find was a bus taking 1h 15m…
erato added a new post in the topic Finland falls out of love with EU
I'm not sure what's the point here.. (?) 

Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it