travelgrove travel forums

Forum

How can I take the best pictures at night?

Forum > General Talk  
MadSuh
posted by MadSuh on 29 Nov 2008
How can I take the best pictures at night?
When I take pictures at night, I usually run into trouble with my little Lumix. I either use the flash but then everything is unnaturally bright, or I take the pic without the flash, in which case everything is too dark or fuzzy. Is there a way to actually take a decent night picture without a tripod at night?

Thanks

lifecruiser
lifecruiser responded to How can I take the best pictures at night? on 21 May 2009
Because it needs slow shutter speed - longer exposure, it's also more sensitive for shaking. I guess you have already tried to place the camera to a sturdy object where you won't shake the camera so much, so my next question is: do you have a self timer on the camera? Try to use that one, plus maybe even an extern shutter release if possible.

iramholt84
iramholt84 responded to How can I take the best pictures at night? on 7 Mar 2011
Hello friends...

The same problem as mentioned by Madsuh, i also encounters while doing the photography in night....The pics are not upto the mark...Some suggest me to use the new camera's in night mode...But still the pics are not so clear....Here the tips to improve the clarity of the pics given by Lifecruiser seems to be helpful....I will surely try it...

Iram Holt.

This topic was posted more than 2 months ago. If you have a similar question to this one, please start a new topic.

Looking for ski resort Agency

Recent Topics in General Talk Travel Forum

Replies Views Last Post
maryhas hai, i am new to this forum
by maryhas on 24 Jun 14 (inside General Talk) Hello Friends, I am Mary, a stay home mom from California. I am new to this exciting forum and looking forward to meet new people…
1 10 alic
8 Jul 14 >>
Tiffany01 Going to travel at the time of pregnancy
by Tiffany01 on 5 Jun 14 (inside General Talk) Next month I am going to Germany with my husband. I am 22 weeks pregnant. I think in this situation insurance is must. What would…
0 5 Tiffany01
5 Jun 14 >>
ramkeshplt traveling in Bali
by ramkeshplt on 7 May 14 (inside General Talk) Hello,
I have in plan a holiday in Bali. I understand that Bali it is one of the best area for a holiday, nice beaches and…
1 8 Tiffany01
5 Jun 14 >>
Maharajarail luxury trains in India
by Maharajarail on 2 Apr 14 (inside General Talk) This thread is being started with a purpose: All of us know that luxury trains in India specially Maharajas Express are drawing the attention of…
0 6 Maharajarail
2 Apr 14 >>
doanvn Visa categories for foreigners in Vietnam
by doanvn on 18 Dec 13 (inside General Talk) Join circular No.04/2002/TTLT/BCA-BNG issued by the Diplomatic and Police Security Ministry on January 29th 2002 on implementation instruction the circular No.21/2001/ND-CP issued by Ministry on…
1 12 doanvn
19 Dec 13 >>
seoga Have anyone been to Austria ?
by seoga on 4 Nov 13 (inside General Talk) I have a plan to visit Austria in the next month, does anyone know any good places that I can visit for a memorable trip?…
4 26 jackwilliam86
16 Dec 13 >>
ramkeshplt Share your Luxury travel experience in India
by ramkeshplt on 26 Oct 13 (inside General Talk) Feel free to post your experiences regarding Luxury traveling to different destinations in India.
1 20 sujitsood
11 Dec 13 >>
bobby123456 planning for a trip to India-need help!
by bobby123456 on 19 Sep 13 (inside General Talk) Hi
I am planning for an Indian tour.But I am unaware of anything regarding India.Kindly help me out.I want to visit all the popular destinations too.How…
4 28 seoga
3 Nov 13 >>
jaisrivastava Ljubljana travel
by jaisrivastava on 24 Aug 13 (inside General Talk) We are using services of Bled Trip.com , Ljubljana which provides mini bus to hire, coaches renting, shuttle services, charter rental for tours and travels…
0 4 jaisrivastava
24 Aug 13 >>
kizzySbcs Waiting in Lines
by kizzySbcs on 22 Aug 13 (inside General Talk) Hi there! We all have faced the problem of lengthy lines while travelling, at one point or other.
I am attempting to reduce this problem through…
0 6 kizzySbcs
22 Aug 13 >>
Other topics from MadSuh Replies Views Last Post
MadSuh Anyone know a good but inexpensive hotel in Orlando?
by MadSuh on 20 Oct 07 (inside Orlando) I will be in Orlando next month and I am just wondering if any of you guys have been there before and could recommend a…
2 912 MadSuh
10 Nov 09 >>
MadSuh Anyone know of a travel site that compares....
by MadSuh on 20 Oct 07 (inside Other Websites) Anyone know of a travel site that compares many different discount airlines in Europe? Most travel agents do not have them on their sites.
0 374 MadSuh
20 Oct 07 >>
MadSuh Going to Buenos Aires
by MadSuh on 12 Jul 08 (inside Buenos Aires) Anyone been to Buenos Aires? I will be going there in August and would like to know about the top sights to see.
Thanks
1 201 sushikedvenc
8 Jun 11 >>
MadSuh Travel Distance from New Zealand to Bali
by MadSuh on 10 Dec 08 (inside Denpasar) I will be traveling from New Zealand to Bali next summer. How far is this and how long would the flight be?
Thanks
2 719 Gaby
18 Aug 11 >>
MadSuh IPhone owners need to turn off data-push option
by MadSuh on 12 Dec 08 (inside Dos and Donts) Make sure when you travel overseas, you turn off your Data Push option. While other phones force you to call in to check your voice…
0 1745 MadSuh
12 Dec 08 >>
Recent activity from MadSuh
MadSuh added a new post in the topic Hello,i was told i can add my hotel link on your site,is it possible?
Sure! However usually that goes with a cost. On the other hand we have a travel directory site called Travengo.com - there you can add…
MadSuh added a new post in the topic Please give me right information about add my hotel in travelgrove
Dear Sapphire,
Write an email to advertising[at]travelgrove[dot]com.
MadSuh added a new post in the topic which is best public transport in Thailand?
Do you mean from one city/town/village to the other or within a city/town?
MadSuh added a new post in the topic Things to do in Madrid
Why don't you go ahead and add some tips about Spain at http://www.travelgrove.com/travel-tips/Spain-travel-tips-191/ I am sure many users would like that.
MadSuh added a new post in the topic Munich Oktoberfest tips
Tough one. I think you should try to reserve a table, which is really really tough and you're most likely too late for that as…
Some stuff

you can do on the forum

• Share travel experiences
  • Create your own profile
  • Write travel journals
  • Upload travel pictures
  • Save travel deals
  • Meet other travelers
      Welcome to Travelgrove  register  tell a friend  bookmark it