Los Angeles Travel Tips, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Los Angeles travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Los Angeles travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (10)
- Night Life & Entertainment (9)
- Outdoors Activities (4)
- Food (17)
- Sightseeing (2)
- Shopping (7)
- Public Transportation (2)
- Beaches (2)
Browse Los Angeles travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Los Angeles travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Los Angeles or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Los Angeles travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Los Angeles
- Pizza Tour of Beverly HillsThe best pizza joints in Beverly Hills, with tastings and specials at each. Pizza demonstration One of Los Angeles's best pizzeria's will show you how to make the perfect pizza, how do they do that?! [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Best Transportation to Las Vegas in Los AngelesI booked a trip to Las Vegas using a luxury bus company called LA2LV In Style and I am amazed at how luxurious and comfortable the trip was for such an inexpensive price. I paid $65 total and that included free WiFi, lush seats, TV, free [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Brodard RestaurantIf you go to Fountain Valley, please try Vietnamese foods. There are many foods you have to try. Brodard Restaurant is the best place to visit. It is clean, big, crowded (means it is so good that many people come), and Vietnamese. You [...]D: 27.3mi01
- Mystery Spot in Los AngelesIt is pretty cool, going through a narrow road, you feel like you are going to go to discover nature. Each tour last 30 minutes, and tours begin every 20 minutes. It cost $5 per person. Mystery Spot is the place where it is said that [...]D: 292.8mi00
- Santa Monica State BeachThis is a beautiful stretch of coast line just underneath Santa Monica. You should take your time when going there in order to go for a walk, rollerblade or go biking. But if you go for a walk, you can enjoy the landscape and the feeling [...]D: n/a00
- The Cat and FiddleIf you are into Fish n Chips you'll be very happy at the Cat and Fiddle, which is a real English style restaurant one of LA's busiest tourist streets. Happy hour is great, on weekdays from 4 PM to 7 PM. I really like the place with the [...]D: n/a00
- California Pizza KitchenI have never tasted such a mouthwatering, delicious pizza in my entire life as I had a few weeks ago in the California Pizza Kitchen. I never knew pizza could taste this good. Always wanted to try out a Mediterranean one with pineapple [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Ballona WetlandsIt's a great place to go to with kids, if you want them to learn something and not only fill their heads with cotton candy in an amusement park. It is a restored marsh with a lot of native plants and animals. Plants are beautiful and [...]D: 10.3mi20
- citizen smithIt's one of the great restaurants in Los Angeles, I really like it. The atmosphere is somehow very special, although the name would suggest the opposite. ;) There is a great terrace, that is the best part in Citizen Smith, very intimate, [...]D: 4.5mi10
- The WaffleThis is a real nice place to grab an unforgettable breakfast. The place is creative and offers many types of breakfast for all tastes. No matter if you are a Vegetarian, a Vegan, a meat eater, they will have something for you. [...]D: n/a20
- The Stinking RoseThe Stinking Rose is about garlic. This is a restaurant that serves everything with garlic, and I mean everything. It's a restaurant that can actually serve you garlic ice cream. I mean it's ok to have a lot of garlic on lamb chops, but on [...]D: n/a50
- The LighthouseThis a nice little buffet with awesome Japanese food all you can eat. It's also not expensive and fun. They are always open and when I go there, I feel like keeling over and dying afterward, just can't stop eating :) [...]D: n/a30
- The Conga RoomThe Conga Room is one of the greatest Latin American dance clubs in town. They have Salsa, Samb, Swing. The ladies are always dressed very lightly trying to impress the guys who dance to live music. [...]D: n/a20
- Tacos Baja EnsenadaThis place is great if you enjoy fresh and rich Mexican food. I love the food there and the drinks of course. The atmosphere is also special. [...]D: n/a10
- Sunset BoulevardSunset Blvd. takes you through Beverly Hills and Hollywood, Bel-Air, and the Pacific Palisades. Sunset Blvd. will takes you through all rich areas of LA but also offers a lot of other sights. There is a lot to do on Sunset, besides great [...]D: n/a30
- Staples CenterThis is a humongous sports arena that can hold up to 20,000 guests. It's also home to the LA Lakers, the LA Clippers, and the LA Kings. There are also a lot of other events like boxing, concerts and opera. Because the place is so large, [...]D: n/a00
- Sky Bar at The MondrianCome and see LA show off a little at this glamorous bar. You'll enjoy the fantastic views over the city. Tel. 323 848 6025 [...]D: n/a00
- Third Street PromenadeThis one of the nice outdoor shopping streets with no cars around. You'll just walk around on 3rd Street Promenade and enjoy live performances of street artists. There are many many nice shops around, nice restaurants and coffee shops. You [...]D: n/a00
- Shrine AuditoriumThe Shrine Auditorium was built in 1926. It was actually the Al Malaikah Temple. It very well known because they used to have the Oscars there as well as the American Music Awards. It's also home to the largest theater organ in the world [...]D: n/a10
- Santa Monica PierThis is basically a pier that was turned into a little theme park. The nice thing about it is that it's right by the beach, you can easily walk there from Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade and you'll find it very relaxing. There are some [...]D: n/a10
- Red Rock Bar and GrillThe Red Rock bar has been around for many years and it's a good place to start and end a crazy night on Sunset. You'll enjoy a nice atmosphere friendly people and good drinks. Happy hour is between 5 and 7pm and they'll give you half [...]D: n/a21
- Queen MaryThe Queen Mary was at one point the largest and fastest ship in the world. It was built in 1934 and since 1967 she is sitting in the Long Beach Harbor as a hotel and a museum. It's certainly interesting to visit. The ship has 12 decks, [...]D: n/a20
- Rodeo DriveRodeo Drive is probably famous because of the movie "Pretty Woman". This is the place where rich people go for shopping and so did Julia Roberts in her famous movie. You'll find anything from Versace, Cartier, Tiffany's etc. on this [...]D: n/a10
- Pinks Hot DogsIf you are into Hot Dogs at all, then this is the place to start. Pink's offers an amazingly delicious selection of Hot Dogs and yes... they are super unhealthy, but then that's what a Hot Dog is about. Pink's Hot Dogs has cult status and [...]D: n/a10
- NiketownThis is a huge sports store similar to other Nike towns. It's really amazing because they decorate the rooms much differently from other stores. A scuba diving section for example would have the googles sitting in an aquarium. Truly amazing [...]D: n/a20
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles CountyThis large Spanish Renaissance style building is right by the University of Southern California. It's been built in 1913 and is home to dinosaurs, birds, minerals, and the lives of the American Indigenous people. The collection also holds [...]D: n/a10
- Six Flags Magic Mountain und Hurricane HarborSix Flags Magic Mountain is the place to go if you are crazy about speed and heights. Magic Mountain boasts a massive number of thrills and rides. They all have their own appeal of course and are not for everyone. They have the Scream [...]D: n/a30
- Knott's Berry FarmThis is America's first ever theme park. They have a lot of rides and special events throughout the year. You'll have fun at Knott's as long as you enjoy these sort of things. [...]D: n/a11
- Hollywood SignOne of the most famous and popular places to visit in LA is obviously the Hollywood Sign. Although, this is really not that spectacular, its something you have seen many times and everybody connects something with it. Surprisingly, there is [...]D: 5mi10
- LegolandThis is the Amusement park that we all so well remember from our childhood games. Legoland is not just great for kids, but really amazing when it comes to how these objects are built. While this is not so much about thrills, it's fun and I [...]D: n/a10
- Long Beach Aquarium of the PacificThis is one large aquarium like many others in California, I like this one in particular, simply because it's the closest to Los Angeles. You should plan a day at this aquarium, it's a great place for adults but also for kids to learn about [...]D: n/a21
- Kodak TheatreThis is a huge theater made especially for events and premiers. It's in the center of Hollywood and surrounded by shops. [...]D: n/a10
- Gagosian GalleryLarry Gagosian, who was actually born in LA, became rich in New York before he returned to California. The Gagosian gallery holds some amazing artwork from people like Richard Serra, Jennifer Bartlett and Frank Stella. [...]D: n/a10
- Mann's Chinese TheatreThis Chinese Theater with its pagodas and temples is certainly one of the strangest buildings in Hollywood. This place has almost been a holy location to some movie fans. In front of the Chinese Theater there are the hand prints of some [...]D: n/a11
- Century City Shopping CenterThis is one of the nicest places to go shopping to. Many shops at Century City have been redone recently and now the area has around 100 of them. There is also a nice little movie theater and some really nice restaurants. If you go there [...]D: n/a10
- Cheesecake FactoryLove this place as many other Cheesecake Factories. Besides the awesome cheesecakes they also have some other real good dishes like the shepard's cake or most of their appetizers. I love their calamari :) As far as the cheesecakes go, I can [...]D: n/a10
- CarousselNice place to eat if you are into some not so average American food. At this place you'll get some nice Hummus, Pita and other middle eastern food. The atmosphere is great, prices are good and they are open every day. [...]D: n/a20
- Farmer's MarketThe Farmer's Market is a nice place to buy some fresh produce. It's a historic market similar to what a European market would look like. Besides the fresh food, there are many little healthy restaurants available as well. I usually go [...]D: n/a00
- DisneylandWell, this is Disneyland of course. It's not as large as the Orlando one but it's still huge and you still get all the same time of feelings. The California theme park opened in 1955 and is actually the second most visited park in the world [...]D: n/a20
- Chinois on MainOne of L.A.'s best. It's a restaurant created by Wolfgang Puck and a mixture of French and Japanese. At Chinois on Main you will find some of the best food that you eat family style. Basically, they bring you plates that you put in the [...]D: n/a00
- Capitol Records TowerThe Capital Records Tower is a nice little landmark that was built in 1956. This is a nice landmark of Hollywood. Of course this is really just something to see while you are in Hollywood or on the way to the Hollywood sign. It really [...]D: n/a00
- Cafe del ReyThis is indeed a great place with a great waterfront view. Marina del Rey is a very nice place and you'll be able to go for a nice walk right after grabbing that nice dinner. Something cool there is the "day boat del Rey" and you'll get a [...]D: n/a10
- Beverly CenterThis is a real good place for shopping, hanging out or watching a movie. It's really easy to find as well. [...]D: n/a10
- Great Church of ScientologyThe Church of Scientology in Los Angeles is one of the largest in the world and it was moved to its present place in 1974. The huge blue building once gave home to a hospital, the street on which the building stands is named after L. Ron [...]D: 3.4mi20
- The Original Pantry CafeThis is one of the classic places to go to for a great 'un-'healthy American breakfast. It tastes awesome, don't get me wrong, but you know how bacon and eggs are not excatly your perfect diet. Anyhow, I love this place and usually go [...]D: 0.9mi10
- Santa Monica 3rd StreetSanta Monica's 3rd Street is a great place to go shopping but also to see a movie or grab coffee. It's a nice walkway with some artists performing in the middle of the street. I like to go shopping there because it's one of the few nice [...]D: 12.8mi10
- Hollywood Park CasinoHollywood Park Casino is located next to the race tracks at Hollywood Park. It's one of the places I like to hang out at when I am bored and want to gamble a bit and see strange characters. You'll be amazed how shady of a place this is, but [...]D: 8.2mi10
- Lawry's SteakhouseLawry's Steakhouse is simply amazing. I can go there any day of the week. In my opinion when it comes to Prime Rib, this is the place to go to. It's classic, always has great service and the steaks always rock. Please be sure that you like [...]D: 5.8mi01
- ManpukuThis is definitely one of my favorite food places in LA. It's located in a place called Little J Town. Basically a tiny little Japanese shopping and Restaurant area in Santa Monica. You'll love the menu at Manpuku, which is all about [...]D: 9.5mi00
- Venice BeachThis is probably the most famous beach in LA and maybe one of the most famous beaches in the world. There are hundreds of artists that present their work, perform acts or just goof around a little. It's one of the places you need to go to [...]D: 11.6mi00
- Manhattan BeachThe perfect place in order to relax a little bit while in LA is Manhattan Beach. I usually go there simply to walk around and just to get away from the noisy city. You can walk all the way down to Redondo and Hermosa Beach or stop for some [...]D: 13.8mi00
- Use public transportation in LAIt is definitely the best and I would say cheapest way to get around LA to use public transportation. The service is rather good all over the city. There are four metro lines marked with different colors (blue, red, yellow, green) and [...]D: n/a20
- One day in L.A.Take about 30min to visit Hollywood, there is not much there, but it's worth 30min. The drive up towards the Hollywood sign, you can drive way up the hills between the residential area to get a good view over the city. Also, while in LA [...]D: 5mi00
Things about Los Angeles you may be interested in
Recent Los Angeles flights found by Travelgrove users
- $87 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Las Vegas, NV (LAS) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 10/19/2018 01:29 pm Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 11/03/2018 07:55 pm
- $142 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Chicago, IL (ORD) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 10/29/2018 10:30 am Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Chicago, IL (ORD) 11/06/2018 02:45 pm
- $188 Major Carrier
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time El Paso, TX (ELP) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 10/30/2018 09:40 am Los Angeles, CA (LAX) El Paso, TX (ELP) 11/07/2018 09:55 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
New Norfolk, Australia
Norfolk Island is the best place to live, to travel and to relax. It is a beautiful island with sandy beaches, high mountains covered with tall...
General: Heaven on earth
If you want to feel party, go to Alicante during the time of the 'Hogueras de San Juan' at the 24th of june. A lot of exceptional sculptures are...
General: There you should go!
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Para-sailing can be fun and great, at least that is what we experienced with Captain Mickey's Rudee Inlet Parasail tour. The staff and the...
Outdoors Activities: Rudee Inlet Parasail
Hue is my countryside because i was born and raised up here. Due to its special location and culture, Hue isn't an ideal place for business. As a...
Sightseeing: What to see in Hue city?