Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Los Angeles > Manhattan Beach
- Beaches travel tip
- City center
BTW, you can also go running, ride your bike or rollerblade there. If you have a dog, there are several dog parks aroundor you can walk them on the beach a little as well.
120-124 12th St, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, USA
Always open, but go there during the day :)
How to get there:
Drive South on the 110 from downtown and take the 105 West until you hit Sepulveda. This is basically the way you would drive to the Airport. Drive South on Sepulveda until you hit Manhattan Beach Blvd, this is where you want to turn righ (West) again until you are close to the ocean. Simply park your car anywhere (careful they are all metered)
Recent travel tips for Los Angeles
- Chinois on MainOne of L.A.'s best. It's a restaurant created by Wolfgang Puck and a mixture of French and Japanese. At Chinois on Main you will find some of the best food that you eat family style. Basically, they bring you plates that you put in the [...]D: n/a00
- The Cat and FiddleIf you are into Fish n Chips you'll be very happy at the Cat and Fiddle, which is a real English style restaurant one of LA's busiest tourist streets. Happy hour is great, on weekdays from 4 PM to 7 PM. I really like the place with the [...]D: n/a00
- Mann's Chinese TheatreThis Chinese Theater with its pagodas and temples is certainly one of the strangest buildings in Hollywood. This place has almost been a holy location to some movie fans. In front of the Chinese Theater there are the hand prints of some [...]D: n/a11
- Great Church of ScientologyThe Church of Scientology in Los Angeles is one of the largest in the world and it was moved to its present place in 1974. The huge blue building once gave home to a hospital, the street on which the building stands is named after L. Ron [...]D: 3.4mi20
- Long Beach Aquarium of the PacificThis is one large aquarium like many others in California, I like this one in particular, simply because it's the closest to Los Angeles. You should plan a day at this aquarium, it's a great place for adults but also for kids to learn about [...]D: n/a21
Things about Los Angeles you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
A new shopping mall, called Forum, opened close to the city center. It's a place where you really can spend a whole day :) And if you get bored,...
Shopping: The Forum and the Debrecen Plaza malls
When you visit Szentendre I recommend you to get there by ship. You can take a ship from Budapest to Szentendre and back only for a few euros -...
General: Visiting Szentendre on the Danube river
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
Alba Iulia, Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress
If you like to go shopping or watching the old souk of Hammamet, take yourself a taxi. Busses arent reliable and a Taxi isnt much expensive. While...
General: Toursit location
Formerly an old Theater building, the Taipei Red House is now home to various kinds of shops and artists. On the first floor you can find jewelry,...
Shopping: Taipei Red House
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Built by Florida's first white settler, Frank Stranahan, in 1901, the building is the city's most oldest residential houses. It has a beautiful and...
History & Culture: The Stranahan House in Fort Lauderdale
Portland has tons of great cafes, but if you are a tea purist (or if you feel like having something other than your daily espresso), check out The...
Food: Tao of Tea in Portland