One day in L.A., Los Angeles, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Los Angeles > One day in L.A.
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Also, while in LA check out Redondo and Hermosa Beach, Santa Monica 3rd street for shopping, and venice Beach of course on the weekend. In terms of food, I recommend Lawry's for Prime Rib, Ruth Chris's for regular steak and Little Tokyo for some great Japanese food. There are also plenty of great Asian food places in East LA (Alhambra) as well as China Town, Little Tokyo, and Korea Town. make sure you visit LA with a friend, it's much more fun with a local.
6801-6911 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
Any time, any day
How to get there:
Take the 101 North towards Hollywood. Get off on Hollywood Blvd. and head West. You can't miss the place, just park by the Kodak Theater.
Recent travel tips for Los Angeles
- Sunset BoulevardSunset Blvd. takes you through Beverly Hills and Hollywood, Bel-Air, and the Pacific Palisades. Sunset Blvd. will takes you through all rich areas of LA but also offers a lot of other sights. There is a lot to do on Sunset, besides great [...]D: n/a30
- Manhattan BeachThe perfect place in order to relax a little bit while in LA is Manhattan Beach. I usually go there simply to walk around and just to get away from the noisy city. You can walk all the way down to Redondo and Hermosa Beach or stop for some [...]D: 13.8mi00
- Santa Monica 3rd StreetSanta Monica's 3rd Street is a great place to go shopping but also to see a movie or grab coffee. It's a nice walkway with some artists performing in the middle of the street. I like to go shopping there because it's one of the few nice [...]D: 12.8mi10
- Santa Monica State BeachThis is a beautiful stretch of coast line just underneath Santa Monica. You should take your time when going there in order to go for a walk, rollerblade or go biking. But if you go for a walk, you can enjoy the landscape and the feeling [...]D: n/a00
- Chinois on MainOne of L.A.'s best. It's a restaurant created by Wolfgang Puck and a mixture of French and Japanese. At Chinois on Main you will find some of the best food that you eat family style. Basically, they bring you plates that you put in the [...]D: n/a00
Things about Los Angeles you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to go shopping on a high level, go to Zurich. There´s much you can do there in that sense.
General: Shopping in the city center
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
If you want a place to chill out (literally), a freezing evening at the Arctic Icebar will prove to be an interesting experience. While temperature...
Night Life & Entertainment: Arctic Icebar
Manchester, United Kingdom
Never stops raining.
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
The Zilker Botanical Garden is an amazing place in the city, it has also been called "the jewel in the heart of Austin" and with reason,...
Sightseeing: Zilker Botanical Garden
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail