One day in L.A., Los Angeles, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Los Angeles > One day in L.A.
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Also, while in LA check out Redondo and Hermosa Beach, Santa Monica 3rd street for shopping, and venice Beach of course on the weekend. In terms of food, I recommend Lawry's for Prime Rib, Ruth Chris's for regular steak and Little Tokyo for some great Japanese food. There are also plenty of great Asian food places in East LA (Alhambra) as well as China Town, Little Tokyo, and Korea Town. make sure you visit LA with a friend, it's much more fun with a local.
6801-6911 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
Any time, any day
How to get there:
Take the 101 North towards Hollywood. Get off on Hollywood Blvd. and head West. You can't miss the place, just park by the Kodak Theater.
Recent travel tips for Los Angeles
- Rodeo DriveRodeo Drive is probably famous because of the movie "Pretty Woman". This is the place where rich people go for shopping and so did Julia Roberts in her famous movie. You'll find anything from Versace, Cartier, Tiffany's etc. on this [...]D: n/a10
- Lawry's SteakhouseLawry's Steakhouse is simply amazing. I can go there any day of the week. In my opinion when it comes to Prime Rib, this is the place to go to. It's classic, always has great service and the steaks always rock. Please be sure that you like [...]D: 5.8mi01
- Venice BeachThis is probably the most famous beach in LA and maybe one of the most famous beaches in the world. There are hundreds of artists that present their work, perform acts or just goof around a little. It's one of the places you need to go to [...]D: 11.6mi00
- California Pizza KitchenI have never tasted such a mouthwatering, delicious pizza in my entire life as I had a few weeks ago in the California Pizza Kitchen. I never knew pizza could taste this good. Always wanted to try out a Mediterranean one with pineapple [...]D: 5.1mi00
- LegolandThis is the Amusement park that we all so well remember from our childhood games. Legoland is not just great for kids, but really amazing when it comes to how these objects are built. While this is not so much about thrills, it's fun and I [...]D: n/a10
Things about Los Angeles you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
Bring plenty of cash, clubbing is very expensive and so are restaurants and all shops. Make sure you get to see the Marc Chagall windows at the...
General: Visiting Zurich
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
We wanted to take some pictures of Istanbul so we decided to go up the Galata Tower and have a glimpse of the city. The view from up there is...
Sightseeing: Galata Tower
Atlantic City, New Jersey
You just cannot NOT love this amazing, hilarious and weird museum. So many strange exhibits, funny videos and logic-questioning displays are at the...
Family & Fun: Ripley's Museum
A beautiful mansion with a big historical and architectural significance, the Meux Home Museum is a must for visitors to Fresno. The house looks...
Family & Fun: Meux Home Museum
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
San Francisco, California
Located in the heart of the latino district of San Francisco is a little gem of a street where the houses are painted with latin-american centric...
History & Culture: Balmy Street Murals