Ho Chi Minh City Travel Tips, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Ho Chi Minh City travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Ho Chi Minh City travel tip categories:
- General (16)
- History & Culture (2)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Food (2)
- Sightseeing (9)
- Shopping (3)
- Sports & Wellness (1)
Browse Ho Chi Minh City travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Ho Chi Minh City travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Ho Chi Minh City or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Ho Chi Minh City travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam Highlight Tour 12DaysVietnam Highlight Tour 12Days Highlights Ho Chi Minh City: City tour including entry to the War Remnants Museum & Cu Chi Tunnels. Mekong Delta: Take an excursion to Mekong Delta, with a boat trip on the Mekong River to visit Cat Be [...]D: 5.7mi00
- Vietnam culinary VacationVietnam is a wonderful destination for any kind of vacation and a country that is home to amazing attractions and superb tourist sites, Vietnam is rich in diverse culture, history of thousand years and more than everything a destination [...]D: n/a00
- Choosing a luxury Vietnam golf tourIf Thailand is your premium destination for a golf vacation in south east of Asia, then, Vietnam has the oldest golf courses in the region with the variety of golf places across the country has become one of the most see destinations in [...]D: 5.7mi00
- Saigon Notre Dame BasilicaVisit Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral was built by the French colonists between 1863 and 1880. The name Notre-Dame Cathedral was given after Bishop Pham Van Thien held a ceremony to install the statue of Peaceful [...]D: n/a00
- What women must experience in SaigonIf you are already living in Ho Chi Minh City, or traveling to Vietnam for the audacious woman traveler, this city holds many finds and experience you will not find anywhere else in Asia, however, Vietnam itself cherish you with all sort of [...]D: n/a00
- Tailor made Holiday to VietnamVietnam is blessed with amazing traditional culture, breathtaking nature reservoir and amazingly blessed tourist attractions through the natural wonders. A holiday to Vietnam offer you so many opportunities to discover historical, cultural [...]D: 5.7mi00
- Www.kampungpandan.com - a certified halal restaurant in...Kampung Pandan is the only halal restaurant in Ho Chi Minh city that serves the Fresh Roti Canai. Their main chef is Malaysian. Menu is all full halal up to 200 cuicines [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Banana Leaf @ SaigonBanana Leaf @ Saigon is the certified halal restaurant in ho chi minh city. Its website: www.bananaleafsaigon.com [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Private transfer from Tansonnhat to Mui neIt is save time for you to get to Phan thiet, mui ne from Hochiminh Airport. Pls contact our counter right after Custom check, there are many car type for you to book. Our driver will escort you to the car parking then transfer to Mui Ne [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Car rental in saigonIf you are a business man running a tight schedule where punctuality is critical or you are traveling on your vacation in Saigon (Hochiminh city) we are ''SATSCO Car Rental'' ready to serve timely, friendly and efficient. More Detail: http [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Cu Chi – Mekong Delta Combined (Full Day Trip)Cu Chi – Mekong Delta Combined (Full Day Trip) [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Ho Chi Minh – Cat Tien National Park ( L/D)Ho Chi Minh – Cat Tien National Park ( L/D) AM: Our driver will pick you up at your hotel then transfer for a 4 hours driving trip to Nam Cat Tien National Park. AM: Our driver will pick you up at your hotel then transfer for a 4 [...]D: 4.4mi10
- Halal food in the City of Saigon (Halal @ Saigon)Being the avid traveller that I am, I love to discover different places, its culture, language, attraction and the sorts. I believe that is no barrier for any of my travels – except for one – food. Being a Muslim , Halal food is [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Oil Paintings in Ho Chi Minh CityIf you are interested to buy beautiful oil-paintings as souvenirs to take back home then a great place to visit would be along the backpacker’s area in De Tham and Pham Ngu Lao streets, in District 1. This place has beautiful hand [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Sightseeing Ho Chi Minh on motorbikeMotorbikes are the most common type of vehicle that you will be able to see on the roads of Ho Chi Minh City. There will be many motorcyclists on the roads and you would most certainly be approached by some of them to ask if you are [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Saigon Saigon BarSaigon Saigon bar is a great place to hang out with your friends after sigh seeing Ho Chi Minh City. The Bar is located in the Caravelle Hotel. It not only serves great chilled beer and other alcoholic drinks but from this bar you are able [...]D: 0.7mi10
- Sunglasses in Ho Chi MinhSince Vietnam is situated quite close to the equator the sunlight that it receives can be quite damaging to the eyes. Furthermore the streets of Ho Chi Minh can get dusty as well as the smoke from the busy traffic can cause eye irritation [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Drinking water in Ho Chi Minh CityThe tap water in Ho Chi Minh City is not suitable for drinking and it should be avoided as one can get ill. However this water can be used for other purposes such as brushing of teeth and washing of items such as clothes and dishes. Thus a [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Fitting in with the people in Ho Chi Minh CityThe people of Ho Chi Minh City especially the ladies do not wear revealing clothes and are dressed very decently and conservatively. For example most local woman do not wear shorts or sleeveless t-shirts on the streets. This is because they [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Crossing the roads of Ho Chi Minh CityTo many of how not experience heavy traffic situations, the roads and streets of Ho Chi Minh city can be a great surprise. The roads of Ho Chi Minh city is congested with many motorbikes. This can be very intimidating to cross the [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Saigon Central MosqueSaigon Central Mosque is one of the 12 mosques in Ho Chi Minh City. Muslims from all over the world would come here to worship. This mosque is usually crowded on Fridays. This a very peaceful place to go to understand the Muslim culture in [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Sightseeing on a cycloTravelling on a cyclo is a great experience and a great way to see Ho Chi Minh city in a slow and relaxed manner. You will be a able t o get a good view and at the same time you get to have a real feel of the city. The cyclo will travel to [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Jade Emperor PagodaJade emperor pagoda is dedicated to the various Chinese-Vietnamese gods in a mix of Taoist and Buddhist styles. This pagoda has many wood carvings, beautiful roof tiles and statues. This is a great place for photographers to take pictures [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Saigon Tourist Travel ServiceSaigon tourist travel service is a very important place for all tourists who are new to Ho Chi Minh City. This place is full of information about Ho Chi Minh and the various places that one can visit in the city. They also provide a very [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Thao Cam Vien (Zoo and Botanical Gardens)Thao Cam Vien (Zoo and Botanical Gardens) is a great place to come to when you visit Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam. There are many animal and plant species here in this place. Photographers can take great pictures of this animal and plants. [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Cholon (Chinatown)This place is the Chinatown of Vietnam. Most of Vietnam’s ethnic Chinese, the largest ethnic minority group in Vietnam, live here. This is a great place to see how the locals go about their daily life. There is quite a number of [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Post office in Ho Chi Minh CityThe post office looks extremely grand and it is a huge place that has beautiful interior designs that looks like you are back in the 20th Century. This is one great place to buy souvenirs for friends and families back home. There are stores [...]D: 3mi00
- Drink stalls on the road sideWhile travelling around Ho Chi Minh city you are bound to meet many drink stall owners who will be carrying coconuts and other drinks on a pole with two baskets on each end. Many of these vendors will persuade you to buy the drinks [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Q Bar in Ho Chi Minh CityQ Bar is considered a posh and upscale bar. He bar is beautiful artistic decorations and they also serve many different kinds of drinks apart from the normal kind of beers. If you are interested to get some drinks apart from the normal [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Rex Hotel Rooftop Beer GardenRex Hotel Rooftop Beer Garden is a great place to go to if you want to see the city from the above. This place is a beer garden where they sell alcoholic beverages to patrons. The main highlight of this place is the view that of the city [...]D: 3mi00
- Cu Chi TunnelCu chi tunnel is a great place to visit to understand how the Viet Congs launched surprise attacks against Americans in the 1960’s. This place has numerous displays of real live traps and display of weapons, food and tunnels [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Ho Chi Minh City MuseumThis museum is great place for tourist to know more about the history of Vietnam. There are many exhibits here that talk about the history of Vietnam. This certainly gives great insights to people to understand this beautiful country. There [...]D: 3.5mi10
- War Remnants MuseumThis War Remnants museum is a must to visit if you want to know more about the history of Vietnam during the Vietnam War. It has various pictures that show real people during the time of the Vietnam War and how they were affected by the war [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Ben Thanh MarketBen Thanh Market is located just opposite of the round-about of the bus interchange. This market sells almost anything and everything and the best part of it is it is really cheap to get those items. Items such as shirts, shoes, pants, [...]D: 2mi00
- Saigon Notre-Dame CathedralThe Notre- Dame cathedral is a very famous architecture in Ho Chi Minh City. This cathedral is known to be made of materials that were only imported from France. The interior of the cathedral is simply stunning as it gives a very calm and [...]D: 3mi00
- Reunification PalaceThe Reunification palace is a presidential palace. This palace consists of about 100 rooms where each room is beautiful crafted with nice Vietnamese furniture, displays and design. If you go to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam this is place is [...]D: 2.8mi00
Things about Ho Chi Minh City you may be interested in
Recent Ho Chi Minh City flights found by Travelgrove users
- $544 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Las Vegas, NV (LAS) Ho Chi Minh City, VN (SGN) 11/23/2016 08:00 am Ho Chi Minh City, VN (SGN) Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 11/29/2016 02:10 am
- $613 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Boston, MA (BOS) Ho Chi Minh City, VN (SGN) 10/25/2016 12:00 pm Ho Chi Minh City, VN (SGN) Boston, MA (BOS) 11/01/2016 02:10 am
- $652 China Eastern Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time San Francisco, CA (SFO) Ho Chi Minh City, VN (SGN) 11/18/2016 12:00 pm Ho Chi Minh City, VN (SGN) San Francisco, CA (SFO) 11/25/2016 02:25 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Goa, Burkina Faso
About to turn 30? Well, there's no reason to panic. In fact, you should enjoy the new stage of your life. However, there are some things one must...
General: 7 Must Visit Destinations Before You Turn 30
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
This museum used to be the home of a famous French-born industrialist, and it actually still feels like somebody's home. A majestic, modernist,...
History & Culture: Museu Chácara do Céu Rio de Janeiro
If you are at Cologne and you are interested in history, but you also want to go on a walk, you should visit the remnants of the roman auqeduct of...
History & Culture: The roman auqeduct
This is a great park in the center of Athens there is a fun Park that lets you get away from the chaotic city for a while. It's good to know that...
Outdoors Activities: City Park
If you are in Hajduszoboszlo don't miss out the aqua park. It is a great place, and it is not too expensive
Mexico City, Mexico
If you want to spend a calm and nice afternoon far from the noises of the city, UNAM Sculpture Garden is the best. It's on the campus of the...
Outdoors Activities: UNAM Sculpture Garden
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Located at both ends of Columbus, the Northstar Cafe is a top-notch cafe that serves delicious pastries, food and has a high-standard service. ...
Food: Northstar Cafe