Paris Travel Tips, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Paris travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Paris travel tip categories:
- General (18)
- History & Culture (3)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Food (1)
- Sightseeing (8)
- Shopping (1)
- Public Transportation (4)
Browse Paris travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Paris travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Paris or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Paris travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Paris
- Welgrow Travel Announces New Luxury Tours to FranceRecognized as the most celebrated luxury travel operator in India, Welgrow Travels announced special luxury tours to the romantic capital of the world – France. A fun filled luxury tour with Welgrow Travels will take you to the best of [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Charles de Gaulle to DisneylandDisneyland Paris is a popular holiday destination in Paris and it is located 30 km away from the central paris. over 15 millon tourists come to visit Disneyland magical world. charles de gaulle airport is cloest airport to the Disneyland [...]D: 20.5mi00
- When in France, speak FrenchWhen you are in France, based on my personal experience on a trip to Paris, it goes a long way if you attempt to speak a little French. Although most Parisians speak some English, it is essential that you learn a few phrases such as [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Basilique du Sacré-CoeurThe dome was built in Romanesque style and is another major symbol of Paris, so don't miss it. You can wander around the basilica and admire the beautiful gardens in the Montmartre area. There are so many tiny and adorable streets close [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Arc de TriompheThe Arc de Triomphe is one of the most famous sites in Paris and a symbol for Paris. It is beautifully located on Champs Elysées and was built for the victory of Napoleon's army. Tourists can climb the Arc de Triomphe can get a nice view [...]D: 1.3mi00
- What to wear?Ladies, if you go to Paris, don't forget about a few things in order to look less like a tourist. You definitely have to forget your T-shirts, sports shoes and baseball caps at home. Women is Paris are likely to wear black very often, so [...]D: n/a20
- Paris City PassportParis City Passport is a very useful little booklet. It contains coupons that give you a discount to more than thirty places including museums, shops, shows, restaurants, attractions etc. You can use one coupon only once and, to be honest, [...]D: n/a10
- The LouvreIf you are at Paris, you should definitely visit the Louvre. It´s one of the most famous museums, with exceptional collections for nearly every period of the human beings and for every piece of art and history [...]D: n/a10
- Food and drinkI totally agree with Danpop, even more, I think it's more rentable to bring water, beer (if you are more of a beer-drinker kind) and food with you visiting the sights of Paris. You can buy a bottle of mineral water for 0.80 Euro in a shop [...]D: 1.6mi00
- walking up to the Eiffel Tower is cheaperIf you want to visit the Eiffel Tower you better take your time and walk up on the stairs, it's much more fun and beautiful then taking simple the elevator, although, stairs go only until the second floor, not to the top. It lasts more for [...]D: 1.6mi00
- The bank of the SeineThe public transportation in the city is not as reliable as one would think. For me for instance, last time the trip to the airport took more than one hour instead of the average 45 minutes (from Gare de Lyon in the city center to the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Luggage lockersIf you travel with large luggage, you can leave it at the luggage locker of one of the train stations like Gare de Lyon, Gare du Nord, Gare d'Austerlitz. If one is not opened, you can ask about the other at the information stand and walk [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Dancing funny manStill, on the Sacre Coeur Hills, you can often see a funny dressed man that dances. My advice, avoid taking a lot of photos, because he will get mad and say something intelligible. As a guessing, I think he is expecting money from all those [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Take a bottle of water with youIf you visit Paris by foot during summer, or when the temperatures are really really high, you better take with yourself a bottle of water. The fact is that at certain landmarks the only water you can find is from streets salesmen. They [...]D: n/a10
- Louvre free of charge for art studentsIf you want to visit Louvre and you're an art student, then I have a good news for you: the entry is for free. But be careful, not every kind of student has this privilege, only students at Art, Sculpture, or anything that resembles Art. [...]D: n/a00
- entry fee for Notre Dame de ParisWhile going inside Notre Dame de Paris is free of charge, climbing the towers costs 5.5 euros. It's not much compared to what you see (This is only from what I heard from other friends that climbed up there, we were in a hurry and it was a [...]D: 1.7mi10
- View from the hill next to Sacre CoeurNext to the Sacre Coeur Church there is nice hill from where you can get a splendid view over Paris. You'll see that even if it has so many parks and gardens (some argue about this saying that the number is really small compared to its [...]D: n/a10
- Bargains in ParisFor buying souvenirs from Pris I recommend also trying the ambulant shoppers findable all over the capital's streets, even on the famous Champs d'Elysees. What is the gain? You can negotiate a really good price, for the souvenirs, as they [...]D: n/a10
- Sainte-ChapelleWhile entrance to Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur are free of charge, for going inside Sainte-Chapelle, there is an entrance fee. Frankly I don't remember well how much it was, what I can recall is that the amount seemed infirm to me compared to [...]D: 1.5mi00
- The ugly gardians on Notre DameOn top of the Notre Dame Cathedral In Paris, you can see some really ugly creatures that look like a devil. One can wonder what are those doing on top of a christian chuch. The purpose is to throw away the water and they are said to guard [...]D: n/a10
- Pay attention on your wordsOne thing to remember when visiting really impressive monuments, like Louvre, the Eiffel Tower or the Arc de Triomphe. This sights are heavily guarded, and I heard from many people that they are particularly vigilant for any words that [...]D: n/a01
- View from Arc de Triomphe on Eiffel TowerMany say that the view from Arc de Triomphe over Paris is much more interesting and nicer than the view from the Eiffel Tower. I must disagree with this statement, even if I heard it myself. The truth is that from the 50 meters of the Arc [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Formula 1 location on Champs-ÉlyséesIf you are lucky and arrive during Formula 1 season, you can see and hear live the formula 1 commentary made from a really nice location on Avenue des Champs-Élysées. This is own by Renault so it's most likely that you'll also see there a [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Use the Metro when in ParisThe Metro system is extensive and inexpensive. Ask for the best ticket value. [...]D: n/a00
- Louvre entrance fee tipWe were not charged entrance fees to the Louvre because we entered from the shopping center. [...]D: 1mi20
- Advice against stealingNever agree to take a photo of an unknown person, they will steal your wallet. [...]D: n/a00
- Arc de Triomphe entry feeA cheaper way to see the city from above (well, not that above), is going in Arc de Triomphe. The entry fees are 9 euros for adults, 5.5 euros for youngsters between 18 and 25 years and free of charge for anyone under 18 years. it is opened [...]D: n/a10
- Basilique du Sacré-CœurIf you wonder why there are so few photos from inside Basilique du Sacré-Cœur ('Basilica of the Sacred Heart') in Paris is because photos are forbidden there. Maybe if you're brave enough you can take some photos, but I wouldn't suggest [...]D: n/a01
- Eiffel Tower by nightIf you want to see something breathtaking, watch the Eiffel Tower every hour from dusk to 2 am (1 am in the winter) as 20,000 bulbs twinkle brilliantly for five minutes. The view will surely make you love Paris even more. [...]D: n/a00
- Accomodation in HostelsIf you don't wear fancy pants, if you search for something rather cheap than comfortable for accommodation in Paris, you should definitely take into consideration hostels. Depending on the date of arriving, the nights spent, the number of [...]D: n/a00
- ParisVisite CardOne can chose for traveling in Paris the ParisVisite Card which applies for Metro, bus, tram and regional SNCF trains. Also provides special offers at select museums, attractions, and restaurants (details and prices here: http://www.ratp [...]D: n/a00
- Metro in ParisIf you are in Paris just a day or two, the best way to go to the most important tourist attractions is to buy a one day Metro ticket (Carte Mobilis), that costs 5 euros, the cheapest. Be careful, Paris is divided into zones and the cheapest [...]D: 2.6mi00
- The city of bicyclesParis is more and more the city of bicycles. There are hundreds of stations where you can rent a bike for 1E per day or 5E per week. The only thing is that you have to check in a bike station in every 30 minutes. If you miss it, you have to [...]D: n/a10
- Eiffel tower - le tour d'EiffelEiffel tower is the symbol of France built for the Paris World Fair in 1889. It is 324 m heigh and has two restaurants in it and a lookout on the top floor. The stair entrance to the tower is the cheapest, 4.50E for adults, 3.50 E for [...]D: n/a40
- Visit the artist districtsIf you are at Paris, you should visit the district of the fine arts and artists, Mont Martre. A lot of stylish bars and coffee shops, also restaurants are located there. [...]D: n/a00
- Disneyland resortWhen you are in Paris, then you can go to Disneyland resort paris. It's great for children. [...]D: 20.7mi00
Things about Paris you may be interested in
Recent Paris flights found by Travelgrove users
- $509 British Midland
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time San Francisco, CA (SFO) Paris, FR (CDG) 05/04/2017 10:20 pm Paris, FR (CDG) San Francisco, CA (SFO) 05/11/2017 12:35 pm
- $534 Royal Air Maroc
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) Paris, FR (ORY) 05/05/2017 06:55 am Paris, FR (ORY) New York, NY (JFK) 05/12/2017 01:30 pm
- $590 Thy Turkish Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Boston, MA (BOS) Paris, FR (CDG) 05/04/2017 11:35 pm Paris, FR (CDG) Boston, MA (BOS) 05/11/2017 11:05 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
11 giorni - 4 giorni di trekking a piedi 03/10/2012 - 13/10/2012 Questa escursione ci tuffa in una delle più belle valli del Marocco: uno...
General: Trekking Berbero nella Valle delle Rose e Dades
Mamaia is one of the best points of atraction on the Black Sea Beach on the Romanian teritory. The principal point of atraction in Mamaia is the...
General: Aqua Magic, Mamaia
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
If you are looking for a more sophisticated place to eat than you have to go to the Lola Bistro & Wine Bar. Their service is top notch, the...
Food: Lola Bistro & Wine Bar
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets
Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorful traditional costumes of different tribal...
History & Culture: Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu
Durban, South Africa
Plan ahead, go on line or to the local library and find out about the places you are visiting, to know everything about it.
General: Visit the local library