The Louvre, Paris, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Paris > The Louvre
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Groups with their own guides, Information and reservation, Musée du Louvre
Direction des Publics,Visites autonomes, 75058 Paris cedex 01
Fax: +33 (0)1 40 20 58 24
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 20 57 60
Tickets for the Permanent Collections
This ticket provides full-day access to the Louvre, except for temporary exhibitions in the Hall Napoléon. It is also valid for the Musée Eugène Delacroix.
The museum is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (rooms begin closing at 5:30) every day except Tuesday and the following Closed: January 1st, May 1st and December 25, 2009. The permanent collection and temporary exhibitions will close at 5 p.m. on December 24 an
How to get there:
Recent travel tips for Paris
- Bargains in ParisFor buying souvenirs from Pris I recommend also trying the ambulant shoppers findable all over the capital's streets, even on the famous Champs d'Elysees. What is the gain? You can negotiate a really good price, for the souvenirs, as they [...]D: n/a10
- When in France, speak FrenchWhen you are in France, based on my personal experience on a trip to Paris, it goes a long way if you attempt to speak a little French. Although most Parisians speak some English, it is essential that you learn a few phrases such as [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Louvre free of charge for art studentsIf you want to visit Louvre and you're an art student, then I have a good news for you: the entry is for free. But be careful, not every kind of student has this privilege, only students at Art, Sculpture, or anything that resembles Art. [...]D: n/a00
- Take a bottle of water with youIf you visit Paris by foot during summer, or when the temperatures are really really high, you better take with yourself a bottle of water. The fact is that at certain landmarks the only water you can find is from streets salesmen. They [...]D: n/a10
- Sainte-ChapelleWhile entrance to Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur are free of charge, for going inside Sainte-Chapelle, there is an entrance fee. Frankly I don't remember well how much it was, what I can recall is that the amount seemed infirm to me compared to [...]D: 1.5mi00
Things about Paris you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
Liverpool, United Kingdom
The Liverpool Cathedral is an amazing experience for everyone. It has a lot of attractions, exhibitions that you must see and experience if you are...
History & Culture: The Liverpool Cathedral
London, United Kingdom
The Victoria and Albert Museum is not only famous for the art displayed in its halls but also for the majesty of the building and the great...
History & Culture: Victoria and Albert Museum
You should definitely try out the 'Cave Bath' from Miskolc! It's an extraordinary experience...
Family & Fun: Cave bathing
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
# 1 Relaxed at untouched and idyllic beaches Not everyone are interested in crowded beach party places, there still some travelers who prefer a...
General: Top Luxury Experiences when Traveling in Cambodia
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
San Jacinto is a monument and museum destined to commemorate the bloody war for the Independence of Texas. The place is great and touching, I...
History & Culture: San Jacinto Monument and Museum
Be aware that there are a lot of one way streets in Montgomery...and some of the one-way signs are not visible. Make sure you see the sign before...
General: Driving in Montgomery