France Travel Tips, Europe
Travel tips > Europe > France travel tips
Browse useful France travel tips using the map (by moving the mouse over a city pin or by clicking it) or simply scroll down on this page. After finding the travel tips for France you are interested in, you may leave a comment or ask the authors of the tips - being experienced travelers but also real users just like you they will gladly answer. Also, we do encourage you to provide your own useful travel tips for your favorite cities in France or anywhere else in the world, so that others can learn from you as well.
Recent travel tips from France
- Shopping in cityAix-en-provence travel tipsThe city is nice in the center. You can go shopping everywhere, also on the local markets. If you don't know where to go, just go to the tourist office. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The pope's palaceAvignon travel tipsVisit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to the point you want to go to. [...]D: n/a00
- AntiquitiesBlesle travel tipsIf you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration. They are not expensive and you can even negotiate from the price. We bought 5 things ( for [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Wine and Wine Trade MuseumBordeaux travel tipsThe museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants. The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. [...]D: 1mi00
- From Lille to Boulogne-sur-merBoulogne-sur-mer travel tipsBoulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express régional) and it costs about 40 euros for a round trip, for an adult (the price depends on the [...]D: n/a10
- Traditional foodBrioude travel tipsBetter visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can make yourself be understood even if they don't speak much English, eating their home prepared [...]D: 1mi00
- The white cliffs of DoverCalais travel tipsWhile visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to develop 130 million years ago when coccoliths begun to gather on the bottom of the sea and [...]D: n/a00
- Catharian castleCarcassonne travel tipsIf you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city. [...]D: 0.6mi10
- The capital of climbingChamonix travel tipsWhat can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many, hotel, great food, nightlife. You can do every outdoor activity here; from tracking to [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Cathedral Notre DameClermont-ferrand travel tipsThe Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic rock, just like all the other old buildings in the city, so it is totally black. If you look [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Caise D'allocations FamilialesLille travel tipsIf you are a student in Lille, you can apply to CAF (Caise D'allocations Familiales), a form of help provided by the country for anyone that doesn't have a good material status. If you stay at a hostel, they usually cover a part of the cost [...]D: n/a00
- Silk workshopLyon travel tipsSilk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can be visited only by groups of 40-50 people, but if you have the chance to get into a group, [...]D: 1.5mi00
- St. Guilhem le DésertMontpellier travel tipsClose to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on the way of the Jakobspilgrimage. At the central place of St.Guilhem there is the backery Bals [...]D: 18.8mi10
- Jules Verne MuseumNantes travel tipsVerne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who lived Verne's works in his/her childhood, or even now. The building is not very big, but the [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Ancient Nemausus in the modern city areaNimes travel tipsIf you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st century a.d., is very well preserved. There are still bull fightings beeing held. The [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Joan of Arc DayOrleans travel tipsAs you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of the French. Now the whole city of Orleans is comemorating her. She is honored with museums [...]D: 8.6mi00
- Welgrow Travel Announces New Luxury Tours to FranceParis travel tipsRecognized as the most celebrated luxury travel operator in India, Welgrow Travels announced special luxury tours to the romantic capital of the world – France. A fun filled luxury tour with Welgrow Travels will take you to the best of [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Automobile MuseumReims travel tipsThere are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to the present days. In the museum you can find cars, motorbikes, plaques, period advertising [...]D: 0.3mi00
- La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming poolRoubaix travel tipsIn Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after intense renovations in 2001. The museum is build on top of a swimming pool constructed [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The valleyRoussillon travel tipsYou should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature. [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about France you may be interested in
Browse France travel tips by cities:Aix-en-provence (2)Avignon (1)Blesle (1)Bordeaux (1)Boulogne-sur-mer (1)Brioude (1)Calais (1)Carcassonne (1)Chamonix (1)Clermont-ferrand (1)Lille (39)Lyon (9)Montpellier (1)Nantes (1)Nimes (2)Orleans (1)Paris (36)Reims (1)Roubaix (1)Roussillon (1)
More travel tips you might be interested in
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
Oxford, United Kingdom
The Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford has a great display of culturaland archeological items. Everything is categorized by topic, so it is easier for...
History & Culture: Pitt Rivers Museum
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
Satu Mare, Romania
In the center of Satu Mare, there are some really nice things that you should visit while you are in the city. There is a big fountain in the...
Sightseeing: Lupa Capitolina and the Roman Catholic Cathedral
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Sightseeing and eating at local restaurants are the first things you do when you travel to a foreign country/city. And with the City Taste Tours...
Sightseeing: City Taste Tours
We wanted to avoid the crowd so we decided to try another Italian restaurant away from the downtown area. The Ciao Bella seemed the perfect choice...
Food: Ciao Bella
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Weather you are a history freak or you are interested in life saving, it doesn't matter, because the Old Coast Guard Station is for everyone....
History & Culture: Old Coast Guard Station