France Travel Tips, Europe
Travel tips > Europe > France travel tips
Browse useful France travel tips using the map (by moving the mouse over a city pin or by clicking it) or simply scroll down on this page. After finding the travel tips for France you are interested in, you may leave a comment or ask the authors of the tips - being experienced travelers but also real users just like you they will gladly answer. Also, we do encourage you to provide your own useful travel tips for your favorite cities in France or anywhere else in the world, so that others can learn from you as well.
Recent travel tips from France
- Shopping in cityAix-en-provence travel tipsThe city is nice in the center. You can go shopping everywhere, also on the local markets. If you don't know where to go, just go to the tourist office. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The pope's palaceAvignon travel tipsVisit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to the point you want to go to. [...]D: n/a00
- AntiquitiesBlesle travel tipsIf you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration. They are not expensive and you can even negotiate from the price. We bought 5 things ( for [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Wine and Wine Trade MuseumBordeaux travel tipsThe museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants. The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. [...]D: 1mi00
- From Lille to Boulogne-sur-merBoulogne-sur-mer travel tipsBoulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express régional) and it costs about 40 euros for a round trip, for an adult (the price depends on the [...]D: n/a10
- Traditional foodBrioude travel tipsBetter visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can make yourself be understood even if they don't speak much English, eating their home prepared [...]D: 1mi00
- The white cliffs of DoverCalais travel tipsWhile visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to develop 130 million years ago when coccoliths begun to gather on the bottom of the sea and [...]D: n/a00
- Catharian castleCarcassonne travel tipsIf you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city. [...]D: 0.6mi10
- The capital of climbingChamonix travel tipsWhat can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many, hotel, great food, nightlife. You can do every outdoor activity here; from tracking to [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Cathedral Notre DameClermont-ferrand travel tipsThe Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic rock, just like all the other old buildings in the city, so it is totally black. If you look [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Caise D'allocations FamilialesLille travel tipsIf you are a student in Lille, you can apply to CAF (Caise D'allocations Familiales), a form of help provided by the country for anyone that doesn't have a good material status. If you stay at a hostel, they usually cover a part of the cost [...]D: n/a00
- Silk workshopLyon travel tipsSilk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can be visited only by groups of 40-50 people, but if you have the chance to get into a group, [...]D: 1.5mi00
- St. Guilhem le DésertMontpellier travel tipsClose to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on the way of the Jakobspilgrimage. At the central place of St.Guilhem there is the backery Bals [...]D: 18.8mi10
- Jules Verne MuseumNantes travel tipsVerne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who lived Verne's works in his/her childhood, or even now. The building is not very big, but the [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Ancient Nemausus in the modern city areaNimes travel tipsIf you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st century a.d., is very well preserved. There are still bull fightings beeing held. The [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Joan of Arc DayOrleans travel tipsAs you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of the French. Now the whole city of Orleans is comemorating her. She is honored with museums [...]D: 8.6mi00
- Welgrow Travel Announces New Luxury Tours to FranceParis travel tipsRecognized as the most celebrated luxury travel operator in India, Welgrow Travels announced special luxury tours to the romantic capital of the world – France. A fun filled luxury tour with Welgrow Travels will take you to the best of [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Automobile MuseumReims travel tipsThere are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to the present days. In the museum you can find cars, motorbikes, plaques, period advertising [...]D: 0.3mi00
- La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming poolRoubaix travel tipsIn Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after intense renovations in 2001. The museum is build on top of a swimming pool constructed [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The valleyRoussillon travel tipsYou should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature. [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about France you may be interested in
Browse France travel tips by cities:Aix-en-provence (2)Avignon (1)Blesle (1)Bordeaux (1)Boulogne-sur-mer (1)Brioude (1)Calais (1)Carcassonne (1)Chamonix (1)Clermont-ferrand (1)Lille (39)Lyon (9)Montpellier (1)Nantes (1)Nimes (2)Orleans (1)Paris (36)Reims (1)Roubaix (1)Roussillon (1)
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
The shopping street called the 'Zeil' offers you all you can buy.
General: Shopping in the city center
Last year we stayed a night in the Mandarin pension in Sopron. I can recommend this place because I was really satisfied with it. We paid around 20...
General: Mandarin Pension in Sopron
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Es gibt das ganze Jahr ueber einen grossen Zirkus und einen Rummel.
Family & Fun: Zirkus und Rummel
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Its located in the the hotel with the same name, the Borgata Buffet offers great food at a surprisingly good price. Their menu is quite extensive...
Food: Borgata Buffet
Manhattan Beach, California
I have only been at this place at night, so I am not able to tell you whether it’s good during the day. The Irish bar offers some nice selection...
Night Life & Entertainment: Hennessey's Tavern
I am a nice and good looking girl tall and slim that searching for a man
General: I am a good looking girl
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Vietnam, a south-east Asian country with great location and heart beaten tourist attraction that is hard to miss. Vietnam is known for lots of...
General: Luxury vacation in Vietnam's Nha Trang
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.