France Travel Tips, Europe
Travel tips > Europe > France travel tips
Browse useful France travel tips using the map (by moving the mouse over a city pin or by clicking it) or simply scroll down on this page. After finding the travel tips for France you are interested in, you may leave a comment or ask the authors of the tips - being experienced travelers but also real users just like you they will gladly answer. Also, we do encourage you to provide your own useful travel tips for your favorite cities in France or anywhere else in the world, so that others can learn from you as well.
Recent travel tips from France
- Shopping in cityAix-en-provence travel tipsThe city is nice in the center. You can go shopping everywhere, also on the local markets. If you don't know where to go, just go to the tourist office. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The pope's palaceAvignon travel tipsVisit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to the point you want to go to. [...]D: n/a00
- AntiquitiesBlesle travel tipsIf you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration. They are not expensive and you can even negotiate from the price. We bought 5 things ( for [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Wine and Wine Trade MuseumBordeaux travel tipsThe museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants. The building of the museum is an 18th century manor house with the old cellars restored. [...]D: 1mi00
- From Lille to Boulogne-sur-merBoulogne-sur-mer travel tipsBoulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express régional) and it costs about 40 euros for a round trip, for an adult (the price depends on the [...]D: n/a10
- Traditional foodBrioude travel tipsBetter visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can make yourself be understood even if they don't speak much English, eating their home prepared [...]D: 1mi00
- The white cliffs of DoverCalais travel tipsWhile visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to develop 130 million years ago when coccoliths begun to gather on the bottom of the sea and [...]D: n/a00
- Catharian castleCarcassonne travel tipsIf you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city. [...]D: 0.6mi10
- The capital of climbingChamonix travel tipsWhat can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many, hotel, great food, nightlife. You can do every outdoor activity here; from tracking to [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Cathedral Notre DameClermont-ferrand travel tipsThe Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic rock, just like all the other old buildings in the city, so it is totally black. If you look [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Caise D'allocations FamilialesLille travel tipsIf you are a student in Lille, you can apply to CAF (Caise D'allocations Familiales), a form of help provided by the country for anyone that doesn't have a good material status. If you stay at a hostel, they usually cover a part of the cost [...]D: n/a00
- Silk workshopLyon travel tipsSilk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can be visited only by groups of 40-50 people, but if you have the chance to get into a group, [...]D: 1.5mi00
- St. Guilhem le DésertMontpellier travel tipsClose to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on the way of the Jakobspilgrimage. At the central place of St.Guilhem there is the backery Bals [...]D: 18.8mi10
- Jules Verne MuseumNantes travel tipsVerne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who lived Verne's works in his/her childhood, or even now. The building is not very big, but the [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Ancient Nemausus in the modern city areaNimes travel tipsIf you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st century a.d., is very well preserved. There are still bull fightings beeing held. The [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Joan of Arc DayOrleans travel tipsAs you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of the French. Now the whole city of Orleans is comemorating her. She is honored with museums [...]D: 8.6mi00
- Welgrow Travel Announces New Luxury Tours to FranceParis travel tipsRecognized as the most celebrated luxury travel operator in India, Welgrow Travels announced special luxury tours to the romantic capital of the world – France. A fun filled luxury tour with Welgrow Travels will take you to the best of [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Automobile MuseumReims travel tipsThere are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to the present days. In the museum you can find cars, motorbikes, plaques, period advertising [...]D: 0.3mi00
- La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming poolRoubaix travel tipsIn Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after intense renovations in 2001. The museum is build on top of a swimming pool constructed [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The valleyRoussillon travel tipsYou should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature. [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about France you may be interested in
Browse France travel tips by cities:Aix-en-provence (2)Avignon (1)Blesle (1)Bordeaux (1)Boulogne-sur-mer (1)Brioude (1)Calais (1)Carcassonne (1)Chamonix (1)Clermont-ferrand (1)Lille (39)Lyon (9)Montpellier (1)Nantes (1)Nimes (2)Orleans (1)Paris (36)Reims (1)Roubaix (1)Roussillon (1)
More travel tips you might be interested in
I am going to travel to Colombia and Argentina for xmas and new years looking for friendships in both countries email me email@example.com
General: Looking for company
Ahmedabad is a the finest example of cultural heritage, a place of diversity, oldest to latest trends, colors, festivals!!! Amazing. Food is...
General: City of Culture and Heritage
Hotels in Manali - Hotel Him View, a name that is famous as a Hotel By River Side in manali near club house, hotels in manali, manali hotels,...
Outdoors Activities: Budget hotels in manali
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
There is a castle in this city. It has a big parking but there you have to pay... very close about 50-100 meters from the castle you turn right on...
History & Culture: Bratislava Castle
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
One of the most beautiful collections of paintings by European and American artists and also an interesting collection of Hollywood Costume Designs...
History & Culture: Oklahoma City Museum of Art
Portland has tons of great cafes, but if you are a tea purist (or if you feel like having something other than your daily espresso), check out The...
Food: Tao of Tea in Portland