Jules Verne Museum, Nantes, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Nantes > Jules Verne Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The personal objects of Verne are displayed, early editions of his books, manuscripts, illustrations and even models from his books' machineries.
Also, very close to the museum there is a nice planetarium that you can also visit. If you are with kids, they will love both places.
Rue de l'Hermitage 3
Adults 3 Euros
Children 1,5 Euros
10:00am to 12:00am and 14:00pm to 18:00pm
Recent travel tips for France
- The medieval pope's palaceIf you are at Avignon, take a look at the medieval pope's palace. It's huge and directly in the center of the city. You can get guided tours for a lot of languages, you just have to book. If you go the in the tourist season, calculate wit a [...]D: 43mi00
- Joan of Arc DayAs you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of the French. Now the whole city of Orleans is comemorating her. She is honored with museums [...]D: 8.6mi00
- Visit the artist districtsIf you are at Paris, you should visit the district of the fine arts and artists, Mont Martre. A lot of stylish bars and coffee shops, also restaurants are located there. [...]D: n/a00
- Entry fees for Palais des Beaux Arts LilleBetween 15 mars 2009 and 31 August 2009, the entry fees for the Palais des Beaux Arts are the following: 6 euros for an adult, and 4 euros for children and youngsters between 12 and 25 years old. For scholar groups, the entry is 4 euros [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Ancient Nemausus in the modern city areaIf you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st century a.d., is very well preserved. There are still bull fightings beeing held. The [...]D: 1.3mi00
Things about Nantes you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
If you want to return home from your trip to Rio de Janeiro laden with presents for your family and friends, the stuff you can find at La Vereda...
Shopping: La Vereda Arts and Crafts Boutique
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
Buffalo, New York
It may not be a grand museum, or a metropolitan-like gallery, but the Albright-Knox Art Gallery is definitely worth visiting. It is intimate, a...
History & Culture: Albright-Knox Art Gallery
Colorado Springs, Colorado
An amazing collection of insects and butterflies from all over the world can be found in the May Natural History Museum. One man's passion for...
History & Culture: May Natural History Museum
Hanauma Bay is wonderful for the lovers of snorkeling, but not only. It is like being in an aquarium. I couldn't believe how close I was to those...
Outdoors Activities: Hanauma Bay in Honolulu
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
While travelling around Ho Chi Minh city you are bound to meet many drink stall owners who will be carrying coconuts and other drinks on a pole...
General: Drink stalls on the road side
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing