Jules Verne Museum, Nantes, France
Travel tips > Europe > France > Nantes > Jules Verne Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The personal objects of Verne are displayed, early editions of his books, manuscripts, illustrations and even models from his books' machineries.
Also, very close to the museum there is a nice planetarium that you can also visit. If you are with kids, they will love both places.
Rue de l'Hermitage 3
Adults 3 Euros
Children 1,5 Euros
10:00am to 12:00am and 14:00pm to 18:00pm
Recent travel tips for France
- Opening Hours to Palais des Beaux ArtsPalais des Beaux Arts is opened on Monday from 2 pm to 6 PM (a strange thing as many other museums are closed on Monday). Palais des Beaux-Arts is closed on Tuesday, and on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday it's opened from [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Carreful about stores closing hoursAnother thing about shopping in Lille in particular and in France in general: usually most of the stores close at about 8 PM, some of them stay open until 9 PM, but after this only here and there a 24 hours shop. Expect to see significantly [...]D: n/a00
- Formula 1 location on Champs-ÉlyséesIf you are lucky and arrive during Formula 1 season, you can see and hear live the formula 1 commentary made from a really nice location on Avenue des Champs-Élysées. This is own by Renault so it's most likely that you'll also see there a [...]D: 0.8mi10
- Lidl Stores - cheap foodFor the cheapest store food in Lille, I recommend Lidl stores. They don't shine by modernism or fancy design, but products there are really cheap. The one we used to shop is located on Rue Léon Gambetta and it's open until 8 PM, at least [...]D: n/a02
- Cathedral Notre DameThe Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic rock, just like all the other old buildings in the city, so it is totally black. If you look [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Nantes you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It might be bizarre to recommend a cemetery as a sight, but it's my best place in the whole city. A lot of Argentina's famous and wealthy people...
History & Culture: Recoleta Cemetery
A must to see in Valencia is the City of Arts and Sciences (called 'Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias de Valencia' in Spanish), what is a huge...
Sightseeing: City of Arts and Sciences
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
Mamaia is one of the best points of atraction on the Black Sea Beach on the Romanian teritory. The principal point of atraction in Mamaia is the...
General: Aqua Magic, Mamaia
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
The Superstition Mountain in Arizona, east of Phoenix was created 29 million years ago and it is the main character of many ancient Native American...
Outdoors Activities: The Superstition Mountain
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
San Antonio, Texas
You can learn so many things if you decide to take part on a tour in the San Antonio Missions National Park. The missions that have been conserved...
Outdoors Activities: San Antonio Missions National Park
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head