Athens Travel Tips, Greece
Travel tips > Europe > Greece > Athens travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Athens travel tip categories:
- General (2)
- History & Culture (2)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
Browse Athens travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Athens travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Athens or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Athens travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Athens
- The ancient burial place KerameikosIf you are at Athens, visit the Kerameikos, the ancient burial place of Athens. It is situated north east of the Acropolis. Some findings are also to see in the Kerameikos museum, the bigger part is shown at the national Museum. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- City ParkThis is a great park in the center of Athens there is a fun Park that lets you get away from the chaotic city for a while. It's good to know that the park turns into a homosexual's hang out at night, so don't visit the place after 7pm if [...]D: 1.2mi00
- What you can see at the birthplace of democracyVisit the museums of Athens in the lunch time, because the heat is at it´s maxmium during that time. PLan to visit all the other ancient buildings in the afternoon, but take a look at the opening times. [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Guard change attraction at the ParliamentIf you are in Athens and you have a little time, go to the Parliament and watch the guard change. This happens in every hour if I remember well. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Dont talk to guys standing in front of restaurantsDont let yourself be torned in a restaurant by these guys, standing in front of restaurants. If you start to talk to them, you wont be able to get rid of them again. Just take yourself a look at the restaurant you want to go to. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Bring water with you to the ParthenonAthens is extremely hot, so make sure that you always have enough to drink with you. Especially when you are climbing up to the Parthenon. [...]D: 1mi00
Things about Athens you may be interested in
Recent Athens flights found by Travelgrove users
- $788 Multiple Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Boston, MA (BOS) Athens, GR (ATH) 06/28/2014 07:00 am Athens, GR (ATH) Boston, MA (BOS) 07/24/2014 10:40 am
- $955 Multiple Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Toronto, ON (YYZ) Athens, GR (ATH) 07/29/2014 06:20 pm Athens, GR (ATH) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 08/23/2014 08:30 am
- $1022 Delta Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Detroit, MI (DTW) Athens, GR (ATH) 01/14/2014 03:24 pm Athens, GR (ATH) Detroit, MI (DTW) 01/19/2014 06:50 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Binz travel tips - Germany
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
Nieblum travel tips - Germany
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
Corinth travel tips - Greece
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
Sparti travel tips - Greece
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
Dublin travel tips - Ireland
If you go to Dublin, be prepared that the weather is not a certain thing there - it's the same in the whole country. An Irish saying tells that 'if...
General: The weather
Macerata travel tips - Italy
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Rome travel tips - Italy
Pantheon: When in Rome, you must see the Pantheon. It's probably one of the most fascinating buildings in the City. The Pantheon was built 27 BC by...
History & Culture: Pantheon
Alba Iulia travel tips - Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress
Overland Park travel tips - Kansas
Place Delicate clothing can be placed between two dry cleaner bags and then fold the item and pack. The garment will not have any fold creases and...
General: Place Delicate
Phoenix travel tips - Arizona
Though called old town, Scottsdale's Old Town is actually not so old, only a bit more than 50, and still when you walk down the streets you feel...
Sightseeing: Scottsdale Old Town and Art District near Phoenix