Athens Travel Tips, Greece
Travel tips > Europe > Greece > Athens travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Athens travel tip categories:
- General (2)
- History & Culture (2)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
Browse Athens travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Athens travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Athens or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Athens travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Athens
- The ancient burial place KerameikosIf you are at Athens, visit the Kerameikos, the ancient burial place of Athens. It is situated north east of the Acropolis. Some findings are also to see in the Kerameikos museum, the bigger part is shown at the national Museum. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- City ParkThis is a great park in the center of Athens there is a fun Park that lets you get away from the chaotic city for a while. It's good to know that the park turns into a homosexual's hang out at night, so don't visit the place after 7pm if [...]D: 1.2mi00
- What you can see at the birthplace of democracyVisit the museums of Athens in the lunch time, because the heat is at it´s maxmium during that time. PLan to visit all the other ancient buildings in the afternoon, but take a look at the opening times. [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Guard change attraction at the ParliamentIf you are in Athens and you have a little time, go to the Parliament and watch the guard change. This happens in every hour if I remember well. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Dont talk to guys standing in front of restaurantsDont let yourself be torned in a restaurant by these guys, standing in front of restaurants. If you start to talk to them, you wont be able to get rid of them again. Just take yourself a look at the restaurant you want to go to. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Bring water with you to the ParthenonAthens is extremely hot, so make sure that you always have enough to drink with you. Especially when you are climbing up to the Parthenon. [...]D: 1mi00
Things about Athens you may be interested in
Recent Athens flights found by Travelgrove users
- $560 Multiple Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Toronto, ON (YYZ) Athens, GR (ATH) 05/16/2016 11:36 am Athens, GR (ATH) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 06/22/2016 11:35 am
- $590 Aeroflot
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) Athens, GR (ATH) 04/12/2016 02:20 pm Athens, GR (ATH) New York, NY (JFK) 05/03/2016 12:35 am
- $597 Thy Turkish Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Chicago, IL (ORD) Athens, GR (ATH) 04/13/2016 09:30 pm Athens, GR (ATH) Chicago, IL (ORD) 04/19/2016 06:45 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
New Norfolk, Australia
Norfolk Island is the best place to live, to travel and to relax. It is a beautiful island with sandy beaches, high mountains covered with tall...
General: Heaven on earth
If you want to reach other cities from there, go to the main bus station in the city center, directly adjacent to the harbour.
Public Transportation: Reaching other cities from Gythion
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
Have fun cruising effortlessly through the timeless streets of Florence on the coolest rides of the 21st century. The Segway Tour experience is the...
Sightseeing: Florence Segway Tour
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
Two things can be said about the Basilica of St. Josaphat: beautiful and amazingly big. Its architecture and style is breathtaking and you feel you...
History & Culture: Basilica of St. Josaphat
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
An entertainment park which is mostly directed at child visitors, Fairyland is like Wonderland from Alice's dream. A wide variety of...
Family & Fun: Fairyland
Quite the bum, the Ooka Japanese Restaurant. They have a few locations in Pennsylvania, we haven't tried those yet, the one in Riverside is...
Food: Ooka Japanese Restaurant