Athens Travel Tips, Greece
Travel tips > Europe > Greece > Athens travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Athens travel tip categories:
- General (2)
- History & Culture (2)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
Browse Athens travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Athens travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Athens or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Athens travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Athens
- The ancient burial place KerameikosIf you are at Athens, visit the Kerameikos, the ancient burial place of Athens. It is situated north east of the Acropolis. Some findings are also to see in the Kerameikos museum, the bigger part is shown at the national Museum. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- City ParkThis is a great park in the center of Athens there is a fun Park that lets you get away from the chaotic city for a while. It's good to know that the park turns into a homosexual's hang out at night, so don't visit the place after 7pm if [...]D: 1.2mi00
- What you can see at the birthplace of democracyVisit the museums of Athens in the lunch time, because the heat is at it´s maxmium during that time. PLan to visit all the other ancient buildings in the afternoon, but take a look at the opening times. [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Guard change attraction at the ParliamentIf you are in Athens and you have a little time, go to the Parliament and watch the guard change. This happens in every hour if I remember well. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Dont talk to guys standing in front of restaurantsDont let yourself be torned in a restaurant by these guys, standing in front of restaurants. If you start to talk to them, you wont be able to get rid of them again. Just take yourself a look at the restaurant you want to go to. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Bring water with you to the ParthenonAthens is extremely hot, so make sure that you always have enough to drink with you. Especially when you are climbing up to the Parthenon. [...]D: 1mi00
Things about Athens you may be interested in
Recent Athens flights found by Travelgrove users
- $637 Thy Turkish Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) Athens, GR (ATH) 12/08/2015 01:40 pm Athens, GR (ATH) New York, NY (JFK) 12/23/2015 10:45 am
- $760 Thy Turkish Airlines
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time Washington DC, DC (IAD) Athens, GR (ATH) 12/08/2015 11:20 pm Athens, GR (ATH) Washington DC, DC (IAD) 12/23/2015 10:45 am
- $760 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Calgary, AB (YYC) Athens, GR (ATH) 12/30/2015 08:00 pm Athens, GR (ATH) Calgary, AB (YYC) 01/13/2016 04:55 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
The Alhambra is definitely a must see. It is the most beautiful of all Granada's great buildings and other Arabic memories. The Alhambra is...
History & Culture: The Alhambra
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
There is a castle in this city. It has a big parking but there you have to pay... very close about 50-100 meters from the castle you turn right on...
History & Culture: Bratislava Castle
The CNN Tower is interesting because of its importance and its sheer size, but other than that there is not much to do or look at here. The studio...
History & Culture: CNN Center in Atlanta
Key West, Florida
Ernest Hemingway, America's Noble prize-winner for literature wrote and lived in this beautiful house in the Old Town of Key West. Many of his...
History & Culture: Hemingway House in Key West
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing