Athens Travel Tips, Greece
Travel tips > Europe > Greece > Athens travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Athens travel tip categories:
- General (2)
- History & Culture (2)
- Family & Fun (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
Browse Athens travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Athens travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Athens or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Athens travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Athens
- The ancient burial place KerameikosIf you are at Athens, visit the Kerameikos, the ancient burial place of Athens. It is situated north east of the Acropolis. Some findings are also to see in the Kerameikos museum, the bigger part is shown at the national Museum. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- City ParkThis is a great park in the center of Athens there is a fun Park that lets you get away from the chaotic city for a while. It's good to know that the park turns into a homosexual's hang out at night, so don't visit the place after 7pm if [...]D: 1.2mi00
- What you can see at the birthplace of democracyVisit the museums of Athens in the lunch time, because the heat is at it´s maxmium during that time. PLan to visit all the other ancient buildings in the afternoon, but take a look at the opening times. [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Guard change attraction at the ParliamentIf you are in Athens and you have a little time, go to the Parliament and watch the guard change. This happens in every hour if I remember well. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Dont talk to guys standing in front of restaurantsDont let yourself be torned in a restaurant by these guys, standing in front of restaurants. If you start to talk to them, you wont be able to get rid of them again. Just take yourself a look at the restaurant you want to go to. [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Bring water with you to the ParthenonAthens is extremely hot, so make sure that you always have enough to drink with you. Especially when you are climbing up to the Parthenon. [...]D: 1mi00
Things about Athens you may be interested in
Recent Athens flights found by Travelgrove users
- $512 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Boston, MA (BOS) Athens, GR (ATH) 02/13/2019 10:00 am Athens, GR (ATH) Boston, MA (BOS) 02/27/2019 06:30 am
- $530 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) Athens, GR (ATH) 02/09/2019 09:10 pm Athens, GR (ATH) New York, NY (JFK) 02/18/2019 02:10 pm
- $538 Swiss International Air Lines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Newark, NJ (EWR) Athens, GR (ATH) 02/09/2019 07:00 pm Athens, GR (ATH) Newark, NJ (EWR) 02/18/2019 02:10 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
Go snorkling or scuba diving. Eat lots of fish at any of the Seafood restaurants - make sure you don't just eat the hotels, street food is often...
Outdoors Activities: Snorkling or scuba diving
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
The best time to enjoy the fantastic beaches of the city is from December to March. Its starts raining April onwards making the sea rough.
Sightseeing: Best time to travel
Because really close to Covasna there is an ice cream factory, they opened a store in the center with a really tasty ice cream. But not only that....
Food: Tasty ice cream
If you like to go shopping or watching the old souk of Hammamet, take yourself a taxi. Busses arent reliable and a Taxi isnt much expensive. While...
General: Toursit location
The Historic Fielder House is quite significant in Arlington's history because this mansion was among the first brick structures that had...
History & Culture: Historic Fielder House
Vietnam is home to some of the most unique natural and historical sites one could expect to visit, explore the scenic Halong and emerge you through...
Sightseeing: Top destination with luxury aspect in Vietnam
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns