Ottawa Travel Tips, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Ottawa travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Ottawa travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (7)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (6)
- Shopping (2)
Browse Ottawa travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Ottawa travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Ottawa or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Ottawa travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Ottawa
- Canal Ritz RestaurantCanal Ritz is an Italian restaurant situated on the most perfect place possible: with a view over the Rideau Canal. The atmosphere is perfect. Although, unfortunately the restaurant is only average. It's a shame for such a beautiful [...]D: 1.2mi00
- National Gallery of CanadaThe national Gallery of Canada is an amazing art collection. The building of the gallery will catch you at first sight, it is a piece of art with its all-glass, statue-like structure. The inside is even more breathtaking with the great [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Parliament HillParliament Hill is the grandest and the most beautiful part of Ottawa from architectural point of view. It consist of three buildings that house the offices Canadian parliament's members, all three built in Neo-Gothic style. The view [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Le Jardin in OttawaLe Jardin is a great French restaurant located in the Byward Village area. The location is elegant and pleasant, it's in an old house. The food is really good, no complaints about that, but the place is also really expensive. I tried [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Ottawa RiverOttawa River is amazing. It is beautiful, clean and very well taken care of. The River is the natural border between two provinces: Quebec and Ontario. Besides the fact that is offers a beautiful view, you can also do a lot of things by [...]D: n/a00
- Le CaféLe Cafe is a nice place for spending a pleasant evening. I've been there two times and I liked it, although, the food was not perfect. Their service is good and desserts were also delicious, I tried the chocolate cake. My ribeye was [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Sparks StreetSparks Street is a high end shopping area near Parliament Hill. Its a nice pedestrian with a lot of classy restaurants and boutiques. There are also 'normal price range' stores, but only a few. Though, even if your pocket is not filled [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Aboriginal ExperiencesAboriginal Experience Center was indeed a great experience. Best thing is that you don't have to go deep into the country to experience and learn about the many native cultures as the Center is right there in Ottawa. They provide all [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Beavertails PastryBeavertails Pastry, as the name shows offers a special kind of hot pastry with all kinds of syrups and ice-creams as a topping. It's very very delicious, you can't get this kind of cake anywhere else. I've tried it a thousand times and [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Canadian Children's MuseumIt's the greatest place you can possibly take your kids in Ottawa. They have all kinds of exhibitions about the most different things. All the place highly educational destined to make kids understand and meet different aspects of life. [...]D: n/a00
- Turtle Island in OttawaTurtle Island is great. They say it's a jewel of Ottawa and I agree. They perfectly reproduced a whole camp of the Aboriginals to share their cultures and history both with tourists and locals. The place is the ultimate Aboriginal [...]D: n/a00
- Byward MarketByward Market is my absolute favorite place in the whole city, I loved to hang around here. There are lots and lots of stands offering everything from fruits through clothing even to jewelery. Around the stands there are a lot of [...]D: 1mi00
- Blue Cactus GrillBlue Cactus Grill is great, with good Tex-Mex food and a great bar. I was there once and I liked it, the service - as in almost all Canadian places - was good, people are very kind and friendly. Although Tex-Mex style, the place is [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Canadian War MuseumBefore you would step inside, you will observe the great building from the inside. It is very modern and planned by the famous architect, Douglas Cardinal. The museum houses a lot of interesting permanent exhibitions about the forming [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Sweetgrass Aboriginal BistroAll I can tell about Sweetgrass Aboriginal Bistro is that its wonderful. The meal is unique and delicious and the service is friendly - though a little slow doe to the popularity of the place. The patio is calm and seems far from the [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Canadian Museum of CivilisationThe Canadian Museum of Civilization is located on the northern part of the Ottawa river. There are plenty of great exhibitions, both temporary and permanent, of course. The exhibition about the lives of Inuit and Native people are really [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Ottawa you may be interested in
Recent Ottawa flights found by Travelgrove users
- $179 Multiple Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Toronto, ON (YYZ) Ottawa, ON (YOW) 01/24/2017 12:30 am Ottawa, ON (YOW) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 02/07/2017 06:00 pm
- $188 Multiple Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Newark, NJ (EWR) Ottawa, ON (YOW) 11/24/2016 06:55 am Ottawa, ON (YOW) Newark, NJ (EWR) 12/08/2016 02:55 pm
- $239 Porter Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Boston, MA (BOS) Ottawa, ON (YOW) 11/28/2016 09:20 am Ottawa, ON (YOW) Boston, MA (BOS) 12/04/2016 10:55 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is a Cathedral that was built on top of an arabic mosque after the Cristians came into this region of Spain. The Catedral de la Encarnacion...
General: Malaga Cathedral
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
If you are exactly in the center of the city, you will see a narrow street with stairs between two buildings. On the wall near the street is a sign...
Food: Eating 'Langos' in the center of the city
If you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine....
Food: Casa dei Ciliegi
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Keep local currency take loose clothes with you avoid skirts and mini skirts kinda dress
Food: Travel to pakistan
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
If you visit the island of Oahu in Hawaii, make sure that you take a day to spend at Lani Kai beach. It is the most amazing beach i have been to....
General: Best Beaches Ever
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant
The best place for fun and entertainment in Tucson is definitely the Old Tucson Studios, which only a few minutes drive south of the city, is the...
History & Culture: Old Tucson Studios