Ottawa Travel Tips, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Ottawa travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Ottawa travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (7)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (6)
- Shopping (2)
Browse Ottawa travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Ottawa travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Ottawa or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Ottawa travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Ottawa
- Canal Ritz RestaurantCanal Ritz is an Italian restaurant situated on the most perfect place possible: with a view over the Rideau Canal. The atmosphere is perfect. Although, unfortunately the restaurant is only average. It's a shame for such a beautiful [...]D: 1.2mi00
- National Gallery of CanadaThe national Gallery of Canada is an amazing art collection. The building of the gallery will catch you at first sight, it is a piece of art with its all-glass, statue-like structure. The inside is even more breathtaking with the great [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Parliament HillParliament Hill is the grandest and the most beautiful part of Ottawa from architectural point of view. It consist of three buildings that house the offices Canadian parliament's members, all three built in Neo-Gothic style. The view [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Le Jardin in OttawaLe Jardin is a great French restaurant located in the Byward Village area. The location is elegant and pleasant, it's in an old house. The food is really good, no complaints about that, but the place is also really expensive. I tried [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Ottawa RiverOttawa River is amazing. It is beautiful, clean and very well taken care of. The River is the natural border between two provinces: Quebec and Ontario. Besides the fact that is offers a beautiful view, you can also do a lot of things by [...]D: n/a00
- Le CaféLe Cafe is a nice place for spending a pleasant evening. I've been there two times and I liked it, although, the food was not perfect. Their service is good and desserts were also delicious, I tried the chocolate cake. My ribeye was [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Sparks StreetSparks Street is a high end shopping area near Parliament Hill. Its a nice pedestrian with a lot of classy restaurants and boutiques. There are also 'normal price range' stores, but only a few. Though, even if your pocket is not filled [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Aboriginal ExperiencesAboriginal Experience Center was indeed a great experience. Best thing is that you don't have to go deep into the country to experience and learn about the many native cultures as the Center is right there in Ottawa. They provide all [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Beavertails PastryBeavertails Pastry, as the name shows offers a special kind of hot pastry with all kinds of syrups and ice-creams as a topping. It's very very delicious, you can't get this kind of cake anywhere else. I've tried it a thousand times and [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Canadian Children's MuseumIt's the greatest place you can possibly take your kids in Ottawa. They have all kinds of exhibitions about the most different things. All the place highly educational destined to make kids understand and meet different aspects of life. [...]D: n/a00
- Turtle Island in OttawaTurtle Island is great. They say it's a jewel of Ottawa and I agree. They perfectly reproduced a whole camp of the Aboriginals to share their cultures and history both with tourists and locals. The place is the ultimate Aboriginal [...]D: n/a00
- Byward MarketByward Market is my absolute favorite place in the whole city, I loved to hang around here. There are lots and lots of stands offering everything from fruits through clothing even to jewelery. Around the stands there are a lot of [...]D: 1mi00
- Blue Cactus GrillBlue Cactus Grill is great, with good Tex-Mex food and a great bar. I was there once and I liked it, the service - as in almost all Canadian places - was good, people are very kind and friendly. Although Tex-Mex style, the place is [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Canadian War MuseumBefore you would step inside, you will observe the great building from the inside. It is very modern and planned by the famous architect, Douglas Cardinal. The museum houses a lot of interesting permanent exhibitions about the forming [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Sweetgrass Aboriginal BistroAll I can tell about Sweetgrass Aboriginal Bistro is that its wonderful. The meal is unique and delicious and the service is friendly - though a little slow doe to the popularity of the place. The patio is calm and seems far from the [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Canadian Museum of CivilisationThe Canadian Museum of Civilization is located on the northern part of the Ottawa river. There are plenty of great exhibitions, both temporary and permanent, of course. The exhibition about the lives of Inuit and Native people are really [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Ottawa you may be interested in
Recent Ottawa flights found by Travelgrove users
- $185 Multiple Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Toronto, ON (YYZ) Ottawa, ON (YOW) 01/03/2017 12:30 am Ottawa, ON (YOW) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 01/12/2017 06:00 pm
- $281 Porter Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Newark, NJ (EWR) Ottawa, ON (YOW) 12/26/2016 12:10 pm Ottawa, ON (YOW) Newark, NJ (EWR) 01/02/2017 06:20 am
- $300 Westjet
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Orlando, FL (MCO) Ottawa, ON (YOW) 12/12/2016 07:00 am Ottawa, ON (YOW) Orlando, FL (MCO) 12/15/2016 04:50 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Visit the museum of the german railway.
Sightseeing: Railway Museum
Kressbronn Am Bodensee, Germany
Wenn man in der Nähe des Bodensees ist und in der Gegend von Kressbronn, dann sollte man zum entspannen ins dortige Strandbad am Bodensee gehen....
General: Strandbad am Bodensee
Good nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs.
Night Life & Entertainment: Nightlife in Wurzburg
The Finnish have a knack for coming up with original ideas, even when it comes to something as traditional as churches. The Church in the Rock...
Sightseeing: The Church in the Rock
Islamabad Gharbi, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of Pakistan. To know more visit http://www...
General: Hotels in Islamabad
This restaurant represents one of the oldest and famous places in the historical center of Bucharest.
Food: Caru cu Bere
There is no place which could resemble the Cleveland Botanical Garden in the whole city, or the state. Full of exotic flowers, entertaining shows,...
Sightseeing: Cleveland Botanical Garden
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing