Sparks Street, Ottawa, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Ottawa > Sparks Street
- Shopping travel tip
- City center
Though, even if your pocket is not filled with shopping money, you can enjoy a nice walk and maybe drink a coffee somewhere. The offices of the CBC (the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) is also here, so you can take a look at that as well.
It is more pleasant in the summer, with the flowers and green bushes, but it's also nice in winter, especially around Christmas. A very popular place as well.
Sparks St, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Shopping is quite expensive, but walking is still free.
Recent travel tips for Ottawa
- National Gallery of CanadaThe national Gallery of Canada is an amazing art collection. The building of the gallery will catch you at first sight, it is a piece of art with its all-glass, statue-like structure. The inside is even more breathtaking with the great [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Canadian Museum of CivilisationThe Canadian Museum of Civilization is located on the northern part of the Ottawa river. There are plenty of great exhibitions, both temporary and permanent, of course. The exhibition about the lives of Inuit and Native people are really [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Blue Cactus GrillBlue Cactus Grill is great, with good Tex-Mex food and a great bar. I was there once and I liked it, the service - as in almost all Canadian places - was good, people are very kind and friendly. Although Tex-Mex style, the place is [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Canadian Children's MuseumIt's the greatest place you can possibly take your kids in Ottawa. They have all kinds of exhibitions about the most different things. All the place highly educational destined to make kids understand and meet different aspects of life. [...]D: n/a00
- Canadian War MuseumBefore you would step inside, you will observe the great building from the inside. It is very modern and planned by the famous architect, Douglas Cardinal. The museum houses a lot of interesting permanent exhibitions about the forming [...]D: 1.3mi00
Things about Ottawa you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
This place is pretty cool and offers some original Swabian meals. The restaurant also has a beer garden and they have some huge smoker barbecue on...
Food: Kuppelnau Stadtwirtschaft
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
Sibelius is probably the most famous Finnish composer of classical music, and even if you don't particularly like his works, the monument...
Sightseeing: Sibelius Monument
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
Blackpool, United Kingdom
If there is a daredevil inside of you, or you are looking for an ideal place to spend a lazy afternoon with the family, head on down to Pleasure...
General: Pleasure Beach Theme Park, Blackpool, United Kingdom
Dont forget to view this great religious place atop a hill. For tips on travel in mysore visit mysorehub.com
General: Chamundi Hills
Traveling with the local transportation of a city is always fun and gives you a feeling of being part of the city, like a local. That was the...
Public Transportation: Tram 28 of Lisbon
Don't miss out to visit the Black Church and the tower of the city.
History & Culture: Siteseeing in Brasov
Abends ist am Strand immer viel los. Es gibt viele Rastaurants und viele kleine Spielkasinos für Kinder.
General: Strand und Rastaurants