Byward Market, Ottawa, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Ottawa > Byward Market
- Shopping travel tip
- City center
Around the stands there are a lot of restaurants and cafes with great atmosphere. One of the best things about Byward is that you can meet a lot of friendly Canadians, so you can actually have some local contact besides the hotel staff. ;)
The Market is four blocks long so it's also perfect for long walks on a sunny day.
ByWard Market, 8 Byward Market Square
Being at the market is free, shopping isn't. ;)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Ottawa
- Aboriginal ExperiencesAboriginal Experience Center was indeed a great experience. Best thing is that you don't have to go deep into the country to experience and learn about the many native cultures as the Center is right there in Ottawa. They provide all [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Canadian Museum of CivilisationThe Canadian Museum of Civilization is located on the northern part of the Ottawa river. There are plenty of great exhibitions, both temporary and permanent, of course. The exhibition about the lives of Inuit and Native people are really [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Le CaféLe Cafe is a nice place for spending a pleasant evening. I've been there two times and I liked it, although, the food was not perfect. Their service is good and desserts were also delicious, I tried the chocolate cake. My ribeye was [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Le Jardin in OttawaLe Jardin is a great French restaurant located in the Byward Village area. The location is elegant and pleasant, it's in an old house. The food is really good, no complaints about that, but the place is also really expensive. I tried [...]D: 1.1mi00
- National Gallery of CanadaThe national Gallery of Canada is an amazing art collection. The building of the gallery will catch you at first sight, it is a piece of art with its all-glass, statue-like structure. The inside is even more breathtaking with the great [...]D: 1.2mi00
Things about Ottawa you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Kirkland House cheap accommodation in Brisbane is most lovely, engaging and low cost accommodation for business men’s and other people need...
Food: Accommodation brisbane
Doesnt matter if you want to go out for lunch or you want to have a drink at night, the "Greenz" is a good occasion. Lying quietly directly to the...
Los Cabos, Mexico
A really beautiful place to spend some days and nights at. The Marbella is not only gorgeous and with a unique, Mexican-style design, but located...
General: Marbella Suites en la Playa in Los Cabos
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
It is a world of its own! The west of India has its unique culture, history, people and places of interest that should be explored! There are so...
Family & Fun: Tourist Places in Gujarat
This burial ground is located in the south of Marrakesh and it is a beautiful example of the Arabic art and architecture. It is a burial place...
Sightseeing: The Saadian Tombs
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
This place has everything to have the greatest relaxation time ever. It has pool, spa, golf and tennis club. We spent the last day of our holiday...
General: JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix
Saint Paul, Minnesota
It was a good idea to combine gardens with the zoo and recreation parks, that way you had everything 'under one roof' to say that. And the...
Family & Fun: Como Park Zoo and Conservatory
Lake Powell is one of the best places you can visit if you're looking for some outdoors activities. To me a lake in the desert is simply amazing...
Outdoors Activities: Renting a Boat at Lake Powell