Byward Market, Ottawa, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Ottawa > Byward Market
- Shopping travel tip
- City center
Around the stands there are a lot of restaurants and cafes with great atmosphere. One of the best things about Byward is that you can meet a lot of friendly Canadians, so you can actually have some local contact besides the hotel staff. ;)
The Market is four blocks long so it's also perfect for long walks on a sunny day.
ByWard Market, 8 Byward Market Square
Being at the market is free, shopping isn't. ;)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Ottawa
- Parliament HillParliament Hill is the grandest and the most beautiful part of Ottawa from architectural point of view. It consist of three buildings that house the offices Canadian parliament's members, all three built in Neo-Gothic style. The view [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Le Jardin in OttawaLe Jardin is a great French restaurant located in the Byward Village area. The location is elegant and pleasant, it's in an old house. The food is really good, no complaints about that, but the place is also really expensive. I tried [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Turtle Island in OttawaTurtle Island is great. They say it's a jewel of Ottawa and I agree. They perfectly reproduced a whole camp of the Aboriginals to share their cultures and history both with tourists and locals. The place is the ultimate Aboriginal [...]D: n/a00
- Aboriginal ExperiencesAboriginal Experience Center was indeed a great experience. Best thing is that you don't have to go deep into the country to experience and learn about the many native cultures as the Center is right there in Ottawa. They provide all [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Sparks StreetSparks Street is a high end shopping area near Parliament Hill. Its a nice pedestrian with a lot of classy restaurants and boutiques. There are also 'normal price range' stores, but only a few. Though, even if your pocket is not filled [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Ottawa you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
On my 1st trip to Quito, I got incredibly sick. First I thought it was food poisoning but it was suggested I had altitude sickness. We flew from...
General: Beware of Altitude sickness
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
A must to see in Valencia is the City of Arts and Sciences (called 'Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias de Valencia' in Spanish), what is a huge...
Sightseeing: City of Arts and Sciences
Ahmedabad is a the finest example of cultural heritage, a place of diversity, oldest to latest trends, colors, festivals!!! Amazing. Food is...
General: City of Culture and Heritage
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
San Antonio, Texas
Featuring traditional Mexican food and oysters the La Margarita is a homey little restaurant in the heart of Market Square. With a really friendly...
Food: La Margarita
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market