Byward Market, Ottawa, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Ottawa > Byward Market
- Shopping travel tip
- City center
Around the stands there are a lot of restaurants and cafes with great atmosphere. One of the best things about Byward is that you can meet a lot of friendly Canadians, so you can actually have some local contact besides the hotel staff. ;)
The Market is four blocks long so it's also perfect for long walks on a sunny day.
ByWard Market, 8 Byward Market Square
Being at the market is free, shopping isn't. ;)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Ottawa
- Le Jardin in OttawaLe Jardin is a great French restaurant located in the Byward Village area. The location is elegant and pleasant, it's in an old house. The food is really good, no complaints about that, but the place is also really expensive. I tried [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Canal Ritz RestaurantCanal Ritz is an Italian restaurant situated on the most perfect place possible: with a view over the Rideau Canal. The atmosphere is perfect. Although, unfortunately the restaurant is only average. It's a shame for such a beautiful [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Canadian Children's MuseumIt's the greatest place you can possibly take your kids in Ottawa. They have all kinds of exhibitions about the most different things. All the place highly educational destined to make kids understand and meet different aspects of life. [...]D: n/a00
- Canadian Museum of CivilisationThe Canadian Museum of Civilization is located on the northern part of the Ottawa river. There are plenty of great exhibitions, both temporary and permanent, of course. The exhibition about the lives of Inuit and Native people are really [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Turtle Island in OttawaTurtle Island is great. They say it's a jewel of Ottawa and I agree. They perfectly reproduced a whole camp of the Aboriginals to share their cultures and history both with tourists and locals. The place is the ultimate Aboriginal [...]D: n/a00
Things about Ottawa you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Born in a mountain area, the sea and its inhabitants always has been fascinating to me. So every time I visit a city I try to get in an Aquarium if...
Family & Fun: Baltimore National Aquarium
Food is excellent and they have the best prices in town during happy hour, many things for $1. Unbeatable. Staff is also great, the environment...
Food: Applebee's Neighborhood Bar and Grille
Manhattan Beach, California
When you're in Manhattan Beach, make sure you go down to the pier and walk all the way to Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach and back. It's just a...
General: Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach
Santa Ana, California
Who would have though that in Santa Ana you would find such an exclusive, exotic restaurant like the Royal Khyber, which serves one of the tastiest...
Food: Royal Khyber