Canadian War Museum, Ottawa, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Ottawa > Canadian War Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The museum houses a lot of interesting permanent exhibitions about the forming of Canada as we know it today and the lives of the people who formed it, from the Aboriginals through French to the British.
There is also a hall for individuals, honorable people who contributed to Canada's growth and prosperity. And there is a period battleground which is pretty cool. The whole museum is definitely worth a try if you are interested in the history of this great nation.
1 Vimy Place
Seniors and students: $10
Hours vary, better check the site.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Ottawa
- Sparks StreetSparks Street is a high end shopping area near Parliament Hill. Its a nice pedestrian with a lot of classy restaurants and boutiques. There are also 'normal price range' stores, but only a few. Though, even if your pocket is not filled [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Canadian Museum of CivilisationThe Canadian Museum of Civilization is located on the northern part of the Ottawa river. There are plenty of great exhibitions, both temporary and permanent, of course. The exhibition about the lives of Inuit and Native people are really [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Aboriginal ExperiencesAboriginal Experience Center was indeed a great experience. Best thing is that you don't have to go deep into the country to experience and learn about the many native cultures as the Center is right there in Ottawa. They provide all [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Sweetgrass Aboriginal BistroAll I can tell about Sweetgrass Aboriginal Bistro is that its wonderful. The meal is unique and delicious and the service is friendly - though a little slow doe to the popularity of the place. The patio is calm and seems far from the [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Blue Cactus GrillBlue Cactus Grill is great, with good Tex-Mex food and a great bar. I was there once and I liked it, the service - as in almost all Canadian places - was good, people are very kind and friendly. Although Tex-Mex style, the place is [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Ottawa you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
Visiting Jerusalem don't miss the Via Dolorosa which is, according to the Christian tradition, the path that the messiah walked with his cross on...
General: Via Dolorosa Stations of the Cross
Akshardham is a majestic religious structure with stone carved throughout the building spread in huge 23 acres of land. Gardens, exhibitions and...
General: Akshardham Temple
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
Not far from Keelung, on a small peninsula, you can find interesting and bizarre stone formations that have been shaped by water and wind for...
Sightseeing: Yeh Liu
Belen, New Mexico
The Doodlebug was a self powered single-car train that carried mail, small freight and commuters between Belen and Albuquerque, New Mexico, in the...
Sightseeing: Doodlebug Train
Kansas City, Missouri
The Kansas City Library is the most unique and interesting library in the world, I'd say, because I don't think there is a building that...
History & Culture: Kansas City Library