Ottawa River, Ontario
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Ottawa > Ottawa River
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Besides the fact that is offers a beautiful view, you can also do a lot of things by the river. It's a perfect walking and biking place and a great spot for water-sport lovers as well. You can always see people canoeing or kayaking.
Although it is a large river, the cold Ottawa winters don't have mercy on it. It freezes during the colder months. You cannot skate on the ice, but it's a beautiful thing to see. I've had some of the most pleasant days spent on the bank of Ottawa River.
Along the northern part of the city.
Recent travel tips for Ottawa
- Le Jardin in OttawaLe Jardin is a great French restaurant located in the Byward Village area. The location is elegant and pleasant, it's in an old house. The food is really good, no complaints about that, but the place is also really expensive. I tried [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Canal Ritz RestaurantCanal Ritz is an Italian restaurant situated on the most perfect place possible: with a view over the Rideau Canal. The atmosphere is perfect. Although, unfortunately the restaurant is only average. It's a shame for such a beautiful [...]D: 1.2mi00
- National Gallery of CanadaThe national Gallery of Canada is an amazing art collection. The building of the gallery will catch you at first sight, it is a piece of art with its all-glass, statue-like structure. The inside is even more breathtaking with the great [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Blue Cactus GrillBlue Cactus Grill is great, with good Tex-Mex food and a great bar. I was there once and I liked it, the service - as in almost all Canadian places - was good, people are very kind and friendly. Although Tex-Mex style, the place is [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Aboriginal ExperiencesAboriginal Experience Center was indeed a great experience. Best thing is that you don't have to go deep into the country to experience and learn about the many native cultures as the Center is right there in Ottawa. They provide all [...]D: 5.1mi00
Things about Ottawa you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In der Nähe von Immenstaad gibt es einen schönen großen Abenteuerpark, wo man Klettert. Auch wenn man ein bisschen Höchenangst hat, ist es dort...
General: Nahe von Immenstaad
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
A 3-storey blue haveli where Great Mahatma Gandhi was born is converted into a Museum now. The aura of the place makes you feel undoubtedly...
History & Culture: Kirti Mandir
New Delhi, India
The India Gate is the national monument of India. It is one of the largest war memorials in India. Situated in the heart of New Delhi, India Gate...
History & Culture: India Gate
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
I am a loving lady who is seeking for my true love, I want to end my loneliness
General: Am a good girl
This amazing big bar is the greatest place to go dancing or just having fun for a night. The Cowboy Lounge has at least 3 bars and amazing dance...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cowboy Lounge
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Rustic, European and cozy, this small restaurant serves breakfast, lunch (and brunch) and dinner. Marche Artisan Food has great service not to...
Food: Marché Artisan Food