Ravensburg Travel Tips, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Ravensburg travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Ravensburg travel tip categories:
- General (4)
- History & Culture (2)
- Family & Fun (2)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (4)
- Sightseeing (3)
Browse Ravensburg travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Ravensburg travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Ravensburg or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Ravensburg travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Ravensburg
- Restaurant WalfischIf you are looking for a good restaurant for having lunch in the city center, i recommend the 'Walfisch', in english it means Wale. It´s an good place for italian food like pizza and pasta. At lunch time it´s always very crowded, because [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Cafe centralIf you like frinkimng a cup of coffe or eat good food in a quiet and good looking restaurant and bar. It lies directly in the medieval city center of Ravensburg and the view is great. [...]D: 0.1mi00
- MarienplatzThe Marienplatz is the center of the city and it's always nice to walk around, grab coffee or go shopping. There are lots of people on Saturdays due to the weekly market. When in Ravensburg, you can't miss the Marienplatz. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- The Humpis MuseumHave a insight view into Ravensburg's history [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Fine whiskey, Liqueurs and vinegar & oilsIf you are looking for good cooking ingredients or for a fine whiskey or Liqueurs , you should go to the shop 'Vom Fass'. There you get fine olive oils, special vingears and very good whiskeys or Liqueurs with the quantity you want. You can [...]D: 0.4mi00
- The BlaserturmIf you want to take a look at Ravensburg not only from the streets, climb up the Blaserturm and look all over the central place Marienplatz and the city center. [...]D: 0.1mi00
- The tower MehlsackIf you want to get an great view over the city of Ravensburg, you should climb up one of these medieval towers. It´s nearly like flying with an airplane over the area. It is sitauted at the edge of the city center of Ravesnburg, lying on a [...]D: 0.3mi00
- HumpismuseumIf you are at Ravensburg and you like history, you´have to visit the city`s new mseum, called Humpis Museum. It´s name derives from an old medieval trading company. There you can see the history of the town, connected with the family [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Veitsburg View PointThe Veitsburg is a small castle on a hill overviewing Ravenburg. The place is ideal for everybody who wants to get a better view of the city. If you are looking for a nice walk, this is where you want to go. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- GreenzDoesnt matter if you want to go out for lunch or you want to have a drink at night, the "Greenz" is a good occasion. Lying quietly directly to the city center of Ravensburg, it offers a cool, relaxing restaurant and bar. You can even taste [...]D: 0.2mi30
- Kuppelnau StadtwirtschaftThis place is pretty cool and offers some original Swabian meals. The restaurant also has a beer garden and they have some huge smoker barbecue on Fridays. You should eat the all you can eat salad bar and then order a la carte meat from the [...]D: 0.3mi00
- MehlsackThe Mehlsack tower is the symbol of Ravensburg. It's a 50m tall tower that was apparently built by the people of Ravensburg so that they could watch what the rich aristocrats were up to in the Veitsburg Castle. It's a real nice tower and [...]D: 0.3mi00
- BlaserturmThis is a great site in the middle of the city. It's one of the 11 towers in the city and you are allowed to climb it, so when you are in Ravensburg, you should do it. It's about 200 stairs to the top, quite tiring, but well worth it. From [...]D: 0.2mi00
- The Rutenfest festivalIf you want to visit Ravensburg, you should try to make the visit sometime around end of July. There is a great festival called 'Rutenfest' which is really unique. [...]D: n/a00
- Rutenfest in JulyIf you want to enjoy the most Ravensburg hast got to offer, come there in july, when the 'Rutenfest' is being celebrated. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- BathingIf you want to go for bathing, just take the train to the Bodensee in the summer. It goes regularly down there. [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Veitsburg, Basilika and Wolfegg CastleGo shopping or walk in the inner city. Have some coffee in one of the many restaurants or Cafes. Climb one of the towers and go up to the so called Veitsburg where you'll have a nice view over the entire valley where Ravensburg is located [...]D: n/a10
Things about Ravensburg you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Ravensburg Travel guideAnother effect are the fogs, caused of the warm air, coming up from the lake. Ravensburg also lies in the direction of the warm winds, coming up from the mediterreanean sea. In the past that made it also possible to grow wine at about 500 metres over NN. Transports Ravensburg is good situated, regarding the traffic. Public transport connects you to all the surrounding villages and cities, also to many places within Ravensburg. Besides that, the city has got an railwaystation, recently renovated, that brings you easily for example to Ulm, which is an railway hub, connecting you to everywhere else in germany or directly to the lake of [...]
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like walking, travel along the trace of the old roman waterpipe, nearly 100km long. You can enjoy a nice nature and see the leftovers of...
General: The roman waterpipe
Wenn ihr in Langenargen seid, müsst ihr unbedingt am See spazieren gehen. Das ist so schön.
General: Der schöne See von Langenargen
Most German train stations have a little nasty little bar inside or right next to the station. For Stuttgart, which obviously has lots of...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar on top of the train station
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This Restaurant Nilla is a very famous among the locals and even among tourists as this restaurant is known for its banana-lead food. Many regard...
Food: Restaurant Nilla
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus