Ravensburg Travel Tips, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Ravensburg travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Ravensburg travel tip categories:
- General (4)
- History & Culture (2)
- Family & Fun (2)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (4)
- Sightseeing (3)
Browse Ravensburg travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Ravensburg travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Ravensburg or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Ravensburg travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Ravensburg
- Restaurant WalfischIf you are looking for a good restaurant for having lunch in the city center, i recommend the 'Walfisch', in english it means Wale. It´s an good place for italian food like pizza and pasta. At lunch time it´s always very crowded, because [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Cafe centralIf you like frinkimng a cup of coffe or eat good food in a quiet and good looking restaurant and bar. It lies directly in the medieval city center of Ravensburg and the view is great. [...]D: 0.1mi00
- MarienplatzThe Marienplatz is the center of the city and it's always nice to walk around, grab coffee or go shopping. There are lots of people on Saturdays due to the weekly market. When in Ravensburg, you can't miss the Marienplatz. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- The Humpis MuseumHave a insight view into Ravensburg's history [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Fine whiskey, Liqueurs and vinegar & oilsIf you are looking for good cooking ingredients or for a fine whiskey or Liqueurs , you should go to the shop 'Vom Fass'. There you get fine olive oils, special vingears and very good whiskeys or Liqueurs with the quantity you want. You can [...]D: 0.4mi00
- The BlaserturmIf you want to take a look at Ravensburg not only from the streets, climb up the Blaserturm and look all over the central place Marienplatz and the city center. [...]D: 0.1mi00
- The tower MehlsackIf you want to get an great view over the city of Ravensburg, you should climb up one of these medieval towers. It´s nearly like flying with an airplane over the area. It is sitauted at the edge of the city center of Ravesnburg, lying on a [...]D: 0.3mi00
- HumpismuseumIf you are at Ravensburg and you like history, you´have to visit the city`s new mseum, called Humpis Museum. It´s name derives from an old medieval trading company. There you can see the history of the town, connected with the family [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Veitsburg View PointThe Veitsburg is a small castle on a hill overviewing Ravenburg. The place is ideal for everybody who wants to get a better view of the city. If you are looking for a nice walk, this is where you want to go. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- GreenzDoesnt matter if you want to go out for lunch or you want to have a drink at night, the "Greenz" is a good occasion. Lying quietly directly to the city center of Ravensburg, it offers a cool, relaxing restaurant and bar. You can even taste [...]D: 0.2mi30
- Kuppelnau StadtwirtschaftThis place is pretty cool and offers some original Swabian meals. The restaurant also has a beer garden and they have some huge smoker barbecue on Fridays. You should eat the all you can eat salad bar and then order a la carte meat from the [...]D: 0.3mi00
- MehlsackThe Mehlsack tower is the symbol of Ravensburg. It's a 50m tall tower that was apparently built by the people of Ravensburg so that they could watch what the rich aristocrats were up to in the Veitsburg Castle. It's a real nice tower and [...]D: 0.3mi00
- BlaserturmThis is a great site in the middle of the city. It's one of the 11 towers in the city and you are allowed to climb it, so when you are in Ravensburg, you should do it. It's about 200 stairs to the top, quite tiring, but well worth it. From [...]D: 0.2mi00
- The Rutenfest festivalIf you want to visit Ravensburg, you should try to make the visit sometime around end of July. There is a great festival called 'Rutenfest' which is really unique. [...]D: n/a00
- Rutenfest in JulyIf you want to enjoy the most Ravensburg hast got to offer, come there in july, when the 'Rutenfest' is being celebrated. [...]D: 0.3mi00
- BathingIf you want to go for bathing, just take the train to the Bodensee in the summer. It goes regularly down there. [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Veitsburg, Basilika and Wolfegg CastleGo shopping or walk in the inner city. Have some coffee in one of the many restaurants or Cafes. Climb one of the towers and go up to the so called Veitsburg where you'll have a nice view over the entire valley where Ravensburg is located [...]D: n/a10
Things about Ravensburg you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
The Great Synagogue is the largest in Europe. It is situated in Erzsebet Town, and built in Byzantine-Moorish style with beautiful arches and...
History & Culture: Synagogue and Jewish Museum
You should definitely try out the 'Cave Bath' from Miskolc! It's an extraordinary experience...
Family & Fun: Cave bathing
Traveling with the local transportation of a city is always fun and gives you a feeling of being part of the city, like a local. That was the...
Public Transportation: Tram 28 of Lisbon
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Colorado Springs, Colorado
True to its name, the Garden of the Gods is a breathtakingly beautiful area with its red rock formations, scenic views and bright blue sky. It is...
History & Culture: Garden of the Gods
Fort Worth, Texas
Perfect for a picnic, a tranquil stroll on a warm day or just for photographic preferences, the Fort Worth Botanic Garden is open to the public all...
Sightseeing: Fort Worth Botanic Garden
Located in downtown Sacramento, in the Old City, The Firehouse bistro is a beautiful, elegant restaurant remodeled from a former fire station. ...
Food: The Firehouse
The place could be excellent for a date due to its dim lighting, but it is also great for friendly gathering or family outings, though maybe small...
Food: Polo Grill