Germany Travel Tips, Europe
Travel tips > Europe > Germany travel tips
Browse useful Germany travel tips using the map (by moving the mouse over a city pin or by clicking it) or simply scroll down on this page. After finding the travel tips for Germany you are interested in, you may leave a comment or ask the authors of the tips - being experienced travelers but also real users just like you they will gladly answer. Also, we do encourage you to provide your own useful travel tips for your favorite cities in Germany or anywhere else in the world, so that others can learn from you as well.
Recent travel tips from Germany
- Museum der WestüsteAlkersum travel tipsThe Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new Museum der Westküste was opened only recently and features some of the most renouned [...]D: 0.6mi10
- PompejanumAschaffenburg travel tipsIf you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built ancient roman villa, with all the usual euqipment the romans also used. Its worth a visit. [...]D: 1mi10
- DudelsackAugsburg travel tipsWenn man Whiskey schätzt, dann ist der Dudelsack ein idealer Ort. Dort kann man aus über 100 verschiedenen Sorten auswählen und genießen. [...]D: n/a00
- Medieval buildings in the inner cityBamberg travel tipsThe inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit! [...]D: n/a00
- The Bird SteakhouseBerlin travel tipsI spent about 4 days in Berlin and went to this New York style bar & restaurant twice. They are located in Prenzlauer Berg and are surround by many other restaurants and bars as well. If you are looking for a good steak in Berlin, then the [...]D: 1.5mi41
- Eating Cheap in BielefeldBielefeld travel tipsDo you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa, not the one of the expensive restaurants also located inside the university, such the one [...]D: 4.8mi00
- The Pearl of the yellow River DeltaBinz travel tipsCome to BinZhou City, and experience a great place. [...]D: n/a01
- Medieval Silver Mining TownChemnitz travel tipsGreat for a day trip starting from Dresden [...]D: 1.1mi00
- The roman auqeductCologne travel tipsIf you are at Cologne and you are interested in history, but you also want to go on a walk, you should visit the remnants of the roman auqeduct of the city. It was once one of the biggest in the roman empire, only some at africa were [...]D: 5.9mi00
- Casino HohensyburgDortmund travel tipsIf you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you want to have, including an big slot machine area. They also have a good restaurant area. [...]D: 257.3mi00
- Avoid it and go to MunichFrankfurt travel tipsHowever, if you can, avoid Frankfurt and go to Munich. :) [...]D: n/a00
- RostyslavFrankfurt Am Main travel tips(_) (_) /_ _______/ [...]D: n/a00
- Bat Dat Royal China-Vietnam RestaurantFreiburg travel tipsBat Dat Royal is a nice little Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant near the city center of Freiburg. They have a pretty good buffet and at night they also offer Vietnamese Fondue, which is basically a hot soup that is cooking on your table, that [...]D: 1mi00
- Friedrichshafen PromenadeFriedrichshafen travel tipsWhile in Friedrichshafen, don't miss out on visiting the Promenade. It's basically the street that's right by the Lake Constance. There are a ton of shops, coffee shops, restaurants etc. This is really nice during the day and always good [...]D: n/a00
- Schloss SchwansteinFussen travel tipsWhen you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'. [...]D: n/a21
- Eat at 'Das Weisse Haus'Hamburg travel tipsI really enjoyed my dinner here the other night. Although it's not cheap by any means, the food and atmosphere are great and the service is even better. I had some nice tuna tartar, followed by blood sausage on Apple, finished by beef [...]D: 3.2mi10
- Open air museumHerbertingen travel tipsIf you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of an ancient cltic nobleman castle, showing parts of it reconstructed, according the [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Nahe von ImmenstaadImmenstaad travel tipsIn der Nähe von Immenstaad gibt es einen schönen großen Abenteuerpark, wo man Klettert. Auch wenn man ein bisschen Höchenangst hat, ist es dort totall lustig. Es gibt neun Parcoure. Der Schwerste ist der neunte und deshalb ist er ab [...]D: n/a00
- Schloss Wilhelmshöhe MuseumKassel travel tipsIf you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum. [...]D: 1.3mi01
- Railway MuseumKoblenz travel tipsVisit the museum of the german railway. [...]D: 1.9mi00
- The roman waterpipeKoln travel tipsIf you like walking, travel along the trace of the old roman waterpipe, nearly 100km long. You can enjoy a nice nature and see the leftovers of roman 'high tech'. [...]D: 6.1mi10
- Taking a shortcut to the cityKonstanz travel tipsIf you are going to Constance, coming from the north of germany, direction of Ravensburg, take the ferry at Meersburg. It will save you at least 30 minutes, and it costs only 5 € per person. Take a look at the time schedules of the [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Strandbad am BodenseeKressbronn Am Bodensee travel tipsWenn man in der Nähe des Bodensees ist und in der Gegend von Kressbronn, dann sollte man zum entspannen ins dortige Strandbad am Bodensee gehen. In den Ferien und am Wochenende kann es allerdings sehr voll werden. [...]D: n/a00
- Der schöne See von LangenargenLangenargen travel tipsWenn ihr in Langenargen seid, müsst ihr unbedingt am See spazieren gehen. Das ist so schön. [...]D: n/a00
- Beautiful promenade and city hallLindau Bodensee travel tipsWhile in Lindau, make sure you visit the beautiful promenade and the city hall built during the 16th century. The entire city looks like a dioll house, very cute and neat! [...]D: n/a00
- Maria Laach AbbeyMaria Laach travel tipsThe Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it is so lonely, it's like it's just you and the huge building alone. It is a Benedictine [...]D: 144.6mi00
- OlympiaturmMunich travel tipsThe Olympiaturn (Olympic Tower) is located in the Olympiapark. It's 291m tall and offers a great view over the city. While you are there, you should definitely walk around in the Olympiapark as well and enjoy the nice architecture from [...]D: 2.3mi10
- Walking on the WattenmeerNieblum travel tipsI guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week and was simply amazed how beautiful the place was. The tides in this region of the world are [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Christkindlmarkt in the inner cityNurnberg travel tipsIF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup of hot wine or just relax and look at the scenery. [...]D: 0.7mi01
- The Sanssouci palacePotsdam travel tipsIf you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king (1745–1747). [...]D: n/a00
- Restaurant WalfischRavensburg travel tipsIf you are looking for a good restaurant for having lunch in the city center, i recommend the 'Walfisch', in english it means Wale. It´s an good place for italian food like pizza and pasta. At lunch time it´s always very crowded, because [...]D: 0.2mi00
- BabioleReutlingen travel tipsOne great place to go for breakfast in Ravensburg is the new Babiole. It's located in the city center and most people know it by now. The place is owned by one of the largest bakeries in the region so it has tasty and fresh bread. For [...]D: 52mi00
- Roman museumRheinbrohl travel tipsTake a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or just able to try ancient roman games. The museum is located directly to the old limes line. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- MuseumStuttgart travel tipsIn stuttgart, there is ab very big and interessting museum. The 'Mercedes-Benz Museum'. There you can see very old or new mercedes. You can also learn the history of the Mercedes Benz. [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Museum of neolithic settlementUberlingen travel tipsIt´s an open air museum from stone age and bronze age times (4.000 to 850 BC). You can see there a lot of historic and authentic reconstructed buildings. All the materials used have been proved by archaeological findings. You can see how [...]D: 4mi00
- Swimming at the Lake of ConstanceUhldingen-muhlhofen travel tipsIf you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or at the lake baths at Immenstaad. The best time to do this is around the end of june till the [...]D: 7.4mi00
- If you want to go shopping...Ulm travel tipsThere are some nice possibilities to go for shopping, in the city center and at some shopping malls. [...]D: 1.7mi10
- Use your carWeiltingen travel tipsIf you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there. [...]D: 0.3mi10
- The SchinderhannesWeingarten travel tipsIf you want to enjoy a beer within a quaint atmosphere, you should go to the Schinderhannes. This bar has got also a beer garden, that´s nice in the summer. This place is also a cheap one, but quality and service is very good. Beer costs [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Wrixum Wind MillWrixum travel tipsThis is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states. I think the Windmill blends in very nicely with the beautiful buildings surrounding [...]D: 1.4mi00
- The monorail of WuppertalWuppertal travel tipsIf you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also special roundtrips be booked on the historic 'Kaiserwagen'. [...]D: n/a00
- Nightlife in WurzburgWurzburg travel tipsGood nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs. [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Wyk auf Föhr PromenadeWyk travel tipsThis is the little promenade of Wyk auf Föhr. There is some nice scenary as well as neat little cafes. You should try a fish or crab soup at one of the little shops there.Also, the promenade offers nice boutiques and souvenir shops [...]D: 0.9mi10
- Open air museum and plays in XantenXanten travel tipsVisit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest reenactment meetings take place in the park. [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Germany you may be interested in
Browse Germany travel tips by cities:Alkersum (1)Aschaffenburg (1)Augsburg (3)Bamberg (1)Berlin (10)Bielefeld (1)Binz (1)Chemnitz (1)Cologne (2)Dortmund (1)Frankfurt (3)Frankfurt Am Main (1)Freiburg (1)Friedrichshafen (2)Fussen (1)Hamburg (5)Herbertingen (1)Immenstaad (1)Kassel (1)Koblenz (2)Koln (3)Konstanz (2)Kressbronn Am Bodensee (1)Langenargen (2)Lindau Bodensee (1)Maria Laach (1)Munich (17)Nieblum (1)Nurnberg (1)Potsdam (1)Ravensburg (17)Reutlingen (1)Rheinbrohl (1)Stuttgart (5)Uberlingen (2)Uhldingen-muhlhofen (1)Ulm (2)Weiltingen (1)Weingarten (8)Wrixum (1)Wuppertal (1)Wurzburg (1)Wyk (2)Xanten (1)
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are holidaying on a budget but don’t want to compromise on quality, our Sydney hotel deal for tonight is perfect for you. Our hotels in...
General: Sydney Hotel Deals for Tonight
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
If you are at Lyon, you shoould visit the roman museum. It´is well done regarding the museums exhibiton and it also has got an open air area....
History & Culture: Local roman museum
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
Though it is a bit far from the city (about 88 miles to the North), it is a place which is worth a visit, even if you're not a pilgrim or a...
History & Culture: Fatima near Lisbon
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
Featuring delicious Greek cuisine, Santorini's Greek Kitchen is a European gem in the heart of Indianapolis. Their gyros and calamari are...
Food: Santorini's Greek Kitchen in Indianapolis
Clear Creek makes eau de vie out of the most delicious fruits in Oregon, and in addition to this alcoholic delight, they also distill brandy,...
Sightseeing: Clear Creek Distillery