Key West Travel Tips, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Key West travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Key West travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (5)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Family & Fun (2)
- Food (3)
- Sightseeing (1)
- Beaches (2)
- Sports & Wellness (1)
Browse Key West travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Key West travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Key West or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Key West travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Key West
- Higgs BeachKey West being an island, lazing around under the sun and diving deep into the sea is part of your trip. Higgs Beach in the southern part of the island is beautiful with its white sand and the contrasting deep blue sea. It was no wonder we [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Hemingway House in Key WestErnest Hemingway, America's Noble prize-winner for literature wrote and lived in this beautiful house in the Old Town of Key West. Many of his famous novels were completed here, like 'In another Country' or 'Whom the Bell Tolls'. I'm a [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Latitudes Beach Café in Key WestThough it is a bit far for only a dinner (you have to travel by ferry about half an hour if you go from Key West Hilton), the Cafe is set in a beautiful place on Sunset Key. We traveled there any way, because we were staying at the [...]D: 1mi00
- Florida Keys Eco-discovery CenterIt doesn't look much from the outside (resembles a huge, flat, gray box), but inside you have the opportunity to learn some really interesting and useful things about Florida, Key West, the Eco-system and underwater wildlife. There are [...]D: 278.5mi00
- Audubon House and Tropical GardenThis a beautiful house with turn-of-the-century architecture built for the naturalist John Audubon in the 1840s when he visited then settled down in Key West. There are drawings of birds, drawn originally by Audubon and also several [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Rest Beach of Key WestBeaches are for lazing around, getting tanned and swimming in the sea. For families it is the best place, where children can play all day long, build sandcastles, run around and have fun. For us, the Rest Beach was superb. The sand was [...]D: 0.5mi00
- The Old Town of Key West by TrolleyRoaming the Old Town of Key West is like roaming the streets of a Victorian-era city set in a tropical surrounding. The building are so beautifully preserved, renovated and repainted, they look brand new, only in style do they show their [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Key West Butterfly and Nature ConservatoryI've never, ever seen so many beautiful colors in one place in my entire life. The conservatory is just beautiful. There's no other word, only if you can find one that combines all the positive adjectives!:) The place is not so big, so [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Sloppy Joe's Bar in Key WestJoe's is a really great place where you can have fun, listen to live music and eat&drink. This has a deep tradition in Key West, especially because of its association with the famous writer Ernest Hemingway, who drank there. If you like [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Fury Water Adventures - Key WestAMAZING! This word describes perfectly the way we felt after going on a 'cruise' with Fury. I went with some friends and for some of us, it was the first time we had the opportunity to hop on a jet-ski and sail through the waters. We [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Key West - Southernmost on the Beach HotelThe hotel is in the central district of Key West, near such major attractions like Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, Key West Lighthouse, Mallory Square and others. The whole place is beautiful, with really friendly staff and excellent [...]D: 0.1mi00
- The Curry Mansion in Key WestYou don't always have the opportunity to stay at an Inn that has been the dwelling place of millionaires during the winter months. So when we heard that the Curry Mansion is an Inn we hurriedly booked a room for two, before visiting Key [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Mallory SquareMallory Square is definitely a place to visit, not just because it is Key West's major attraction but is a place of history and fun in the same time. There are several cultural buildings such as museum and notable houses (like [...]D: 0.5mi00
- The Dry Tortugas of Key WestHome of America's most biggest 19th century prison, the Fort of Jefferson, the Dry Tortugas is a compulsory sight to visit, when traveling to Key West. Built, but never finished, between 1846 and 1871, the fort is now a major tourist [...]D: n/a10
- Pepe's Cafe and Steakhouse in Key WestWe had breakfast, lunch AND dinner in this cozy little restaurant, because the food is just delicious. They have a light dishes in the morning like waffles and omelet, and at lunchtime we took some fish sandwiches and grilled burgers with [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Blue HeavenI liked the atmosphere very much, both the staff and the food was perfect. Blue Heaven is really special and I can warmly recommend it to anyone. The most special thing is that it was a garden where, among others, Hemingway came boxing [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about Key West you may be interested in
Recent Key West flights found by Travelgrove users
- $365 United Airlines
faregeek.com check price
From To Departure Time Chicago, IL (ORD) Key West, FL (EYW) 01/29/2014 01:43 pm Key West, FL (EYW) Chicago, IL (ORD) 02/11/2014 06:45 am
- $373 Air Tran
expedia.com check price
From To Departure Time Atlanta, GA (ATL) Key West, FL (EYW) 01/14/2014 08:05 am Key West, FL (EYW) Atlanta, GA (ATL) 01/21/2014 12:10 pm
- $392 United Airlines
faregeek.com check price
From To Departure Time Indianapolis, IN (IND) Key West, FL (EYW) 01/25/2014 09:50 am Key West, FL (EYW) Indianapolis, IN (IND) 02/01/2014 07:55 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Koln travel tips - Germany
If you are historically interested, you should visit the roman germanic museum of cologne. It has got to offer you a huge variety of roman remnants...
General: Visit the roman germanic museum
Saqqara travel tips - Egypt
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
Laguardia travel tips - Spain
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
Corinth travel tips - Greece
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
Plitvice travel tips - Croatia
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
Satu Mare travel tips - Romania
In the center of Satu Mare, there are some really nice things that you should visit while you are in the city. There is a big fountain in the...
Sightseeing: Lupa Capitolina and the Roman Catholic Cathedral
Dakar Bango travel tips - Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
Buffalo travel tips - New York
You get transported back in time during the tour of the Wilcox Mansion, the place where Theodore Roosevelt's short and improvised inauguration...
Sightseeing: Wilcox Mansion
Columbus travel tips - Ohio
For a better overview of the German Village in Columbus you should purchase their Walking Tour Books at either the Franklin Art Glass Studio (222 E...
History & Culture: German Village in Columbus
Pawcatuck travel tips - Connecticut
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT