The Dry Tortugas of Key West, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Key West > The Dry Tortugas of Key West
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
You can travel to the Fort by ferry or by one of the seaplanes that take visitors regularly across the groups of island surrounding Key West.
The most important thing you shouldn't forget on such a trip is your camera! You would surely be sorry if you couldn't have recorded these beautiful, picturesque surroundings.
There is an entrance fee of $5 to the national park which is valid 7dyas. Additional fees are charged for the ferry or the seaplane.
Open year-round in daylight hours.
How to get there:
By ferry of seaplane.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Key West
- Higgs BeachKey West being an island, lazing around under the sun and diving deep into the sea is part of your trip. Higgs Beach in the southern part of the island is beautiful with its white sand and the contrasting deep blue sea. It was no wonder we [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Florida Keys Eco-discovery CenterIt doesn't look much from the outside (resembles a huge, flat, gray box), but inside you have the opportunity to learn some really interesting and useful things about Florida, Key West, the Eco-system and underwater wildlife. There are [...]D: 278.5mi00
- Sloppy Joe's Bar in Key WestJoe's is a really great place where you can have fun, listen to live music and eat&drink. This has a deep tradition in Key West, especially because of its association with the famous writer Ernest Hemingway, who drank there. If you like [...]D: 0.9mi00
- The Old Town of Key West by TrolleyRoaming the Old Town of Key West is like roaming the streets of a Victorian-era city set in a tropical surrounding. The building are so beautifully preserved, renovated and repainted, they look brand new, only in style do they show their [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Mallory SquareMallory Square is definitely a place to visit, not just because it is Key West's major attraction but is a place of history and fun in the same time. There are several cultural buildings such as museum and notable houses (like [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about Key West you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
Ahmedabad is a the finest example of cultural heritage, a place of diversity, oldest to latest trends, colors, festivals!!! Amazing. Food is...
General: City of Culture and Heritage
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
The monastery, that has been built 500 years ago, is one of the most amazing sights in Portugal. Its unique architecture, its white 'clean'...
History & Culture: The Monastery of St. Jerome
Visit Braila city ,Romania, an historical towm on the Danube, with a local guide -walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main...
Sightseeing: Braila city tour/Braila walking tour
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
A great restaurant to eat delicious seafood. I went to the Canyon Cafe with some friends, and decided that we would eat only seafood, but no one...
Food: Canyon Southwest Cafe in Fort Lauderdale
Ike's Food and Cocktails is a nice, all-American restaurant with a twist. The place looks like something straight out of a 40's movie, with long,...
Food: Ike's Food and Cocktails
This museum is a must if you're spending a little bit more time in Riverside, because its main focus is the historical, natural and cultural...
History & Culture: Riverside Metropolitan Museum
Going to visit family n friends in paradise!
General: Family n friends