The Dry Tortugas of Key West, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Key West > The Dry Tortugas of Key West
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
You can travel to the Fort by ferry or by one of the seaplanes that take visitors regularly across the groups of island surrounding Key West.
The most important thing you shouldn't forget on such a trip is your camera! You would surely be sorry if you couldn't have recorded these beautiful, picturesque surroundings.
There is an entrance fee of $5 to the national park which is valid 7dyas. Additional fees are charged for the ferry or the seaplane.
Open year-round in daylight hours.
How to get there:
By ferry of seaplane.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Key West
- Higgs BeachKey West being an island, lazing around under the sun and diving deep into the sea is part of your trip. Higgs Beach in the southern part of the island is beautiful with its white sand and the contrasting deep blue sea. It was no wonder we [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Florida Keys Eco-discovery CenterIt doesn't look much from the outside (resembles a huge, flat, gray box), but inside you have the opportunity to learn some really interesting and useful things about Florida, Key West, the Eco-system and underwater wildlife. There are [...]D: 278.5mi00
- Hemingway House in Key WestErnest Hemingway, America's Noble prize-winner for literature wrote and lived in this beautiful house in the Old Town of Key West. Many of his famous novels were completed here, like 'In another Country' or 'Whom the Bell Tolls'. I'm a [...]D: 0.3mi00
- The Curry Mansion in Key WestYou don't always have the opportunity to stay at an Inn that has been the dwelling place of millionaires during the winter months. So when we heard that the Curry Mansion is an Inn we hurriedly booked a room for two, before visiting Key [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Fury Water Adventures - Key WestAMAZING! This word describes perfectly the way we felt after going on a 'cruise' with Fury. I went with some friends and for some of us, it was the first time we had the opportunity to hop on a jet-ski and sail through the waters. We [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Key West you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Visit the museum of the district of Koblenz. Showing you a wide variety in history.
Sightseeing: Local museum
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
Standing at this landmark you can imagine how grounded are the people of Verona with their origination and history. Piazza delle Erbe is not only...
History & Culture: Piazza delle Erbe – Verona’s Prime
Hello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in...
General: Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of Natba
Fort Worth, Texas
Designed in a quite contemporary style, Grace Fort Worth has a room for larger events, anniversaries or just a friendly outing, family gathering...
Food: Grace Fort Worth
Designed as an indoor skate-park for mainly skaters but also for the ones who would like to learn, the Sk8 Asylum welcomes everyone. They have...
Sports & Wellness : Sk8 Asylum
The best way to get to know Montgomery is to take a ride with the 1940's looking-like bus. The bus has air-conditioning, clean windows and if...
Public Transportation: Authentic 1940's bus-ride
A traditional and highly popular diner amongst locals, Whitt's Barbecue is a simple, down-to-earth and welcoming restaurant that has the best...
Food: Whitt's Barbecue
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz