Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Key West > Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The place is not so big, so we didn't have time to get bored by long rows and exhibitions. And while we walked through the conservatory there were several butterflies that landed on our shoulders or in our palms if we held out our hands. It was truly amazing. If there wouldn't have been other people, and there wouldn't have been a roof above our heads I would have thought I was in forest paradise of butterflies! :)
1316 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
Adults $12, Children $8.50
Daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Key West
- The Dry Tortugas of Key WestHome of America's most biggest 19th century prison, the Fort of Jefferson, the Dry Tortugas is a compulsory sight to visit, when traveling to Key West. Built, but never finished, between 1846 and 1871, the fort is now a major tourist [...]D: n/a10
- Florida Keys Eco-discovery CenterIt doesn't look much from the outside (resembles a huge, flat, gray box), but inside you have the opportunity to learn some really interesting and useful things about Florida, Key West, the Eco-system and underwater wildlife. There are [...]D: 278.5mi00
- Hemingway House in Key WestErnest Hemingway, America's Noble prize-winner for literature wrote and lived in this beautiful house in the Old Town of Key West. Many of his famous novels were completed here, like 'In another Country' or 'Whom the Bell Tolls'. I'm a [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Sloppy Joe's Bar in Key WestJoe's is a really great place where you can have fun, listen to live music and eat&drink. This has a deep tradition in Key West, especially because of its association with the famous writer Ernest Hemingway, who drank there. If you like [...]D: 0.9mi00
- The Old Town of Key West by TrolleyRoaming the Old Town of Key West is like roaming the streets of a Victorian-era city set in a tropical surrounding. The building are so beautifully preserved, renovated and repainted, they look brand new, only in style do they show their [...]D: 4.2mi00
Things about Key West you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
As America's very first Cathedral, this imposing structure is an architectural jewel and a place of worship for people all over the world. ...
History & Culture: Basilica of the Assumption
San Jose, California
I've never tasted Ethiopian food before, so it was something different for me to eat at the Zeni Ethiopian Restaurant. And it was a unique...
Food: Zeni Ethiopian Restaurant
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market
Take a walk on the main street of Zakopane in the winter - it's just simple beautiful! Everything is covered with snow, there are a lot of street...
Sightseeing: Visit it on the winter