Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Key West > Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The place is not so big, so we didn't have time to get bored by long rows and exhibitions. And while we walked through the conservatory there were several butterflies that landed on our shoulders or in our palms if we held out our hands. It was truly amazing. If there wouldn't have been other people, and there wouldn't have been a roof above our heads I would have thought I was in forest paradise of butterflies! :)
1316 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
Adults $12, Children $8.50
Daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Key West
- Sloppy Joe's Bar in Key WestJoe's is a really great place where you can have fun, listen to live music and eat&drink. This has a deep tradition in Key West, especially because of its association with the famous writer Ernest Hemingway, who drank there. If you like [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Fury Water Adventures - Key WestAMAZING! This word describes perfectly the way we felt after going on a 'cruise' with Fury. I went with some friends and for some of us, it was the first time we had the opportunity to hop on a jet-ski and sail through the waters. We [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Latitudes Beach Café in Key WestThough it is a bit far for only a dinner (you have to travel by ferry about half an hour if you go from Key West Hilton), the Cafe is set in a beautiful place on Sunset Key. We traveled there any way, because we were staying at the [...]D: 1mi00
- The Dry Tortugas of Key WestHome of America's most biggest 19th century prison, the Fort of Jefferson, the Dry Tortugas is a compulsory sight to visit, when traveling to Key West. Built, but never finished, between 1846 and 1871, the fort is now a major tourist [...]D: n/a10
- Blue HeavenI liked the atmosphere very much, both the staff and the food was perfect. Blue Heaven is really special and I can warmly recommend it to anyone. The most special thing is that it was a garden where, among others, Hemingway came boxing [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about Key West you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
If you are at Cologne and you are interested in history, but you also want to go on a walk, you should visit the remnants of the roman auqeduct of...
History & Culture: The roman auqeduct
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
Brewery restaurant Teerenpeli is a great place for drink in Lahti. They brew their on beer and cider. Teerenpeli is also one of the...
Food: Teerenpeli - Best place for a pint
While visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to...
General: The white cliffs of Dover
A palace turned into a mosque is the finest example of architectural art. You will surely think that it's a fort and not a mosque. A wonderful...
History & Culture: Jama Masjid - Palace or Mosque
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
Near the cave just about a 1 mile you can find a great place for camping, with grass and a little brook
General: A little camping
Not the largest zoo in US, that is sure, but maybe that is the reason why it so well-managed, clean and the animals are so well taken of. A walk in...
Family & Fun: Fresno Chaffee Zoo
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant