Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Key West > Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The place is not so big, so we didn't have time to get bored by long rows and exhibitions. And while we walked through the conservatory there were several butterflies that landed on our shoulders or in our palms if we held out our hands. It was truly amazing. If there wouldn't have been other people, and there wouldn't have been a roof above our heads I would have thought I was in forest paradise of butterflies! :)
1316 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
Adults $12, Children $8.50
Daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Key West
- Audubon House and Tropical GardenThis a beautiful house with turn-of-the-century architecture built for the naturalist John Audubon in the 1840s when he visited then settled down in Key West. There are drawings of birds, drawn originally by Audubon and also several [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Higgs BeachKey West being an island, lazing around under the sun and diving deep into the sea is part of your trip. Higgs Beach in the southern part of the island is beautiful with its white sand and the contrasting deep blue sea. It was no wonder we [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Blue HeavenI liked the atmosphere very much, both the staff and the food was perfect. Blue Heaven is really special and I can warmly recommend it to anyone. The most special thing is that it was a garden where, among others, Hemingway came boxing [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Rest Beach of Key WestBeaches are for lazing around, getting tanned and swimming in the sea. For families it is the best place, where children can play all day long, build sandcastles, run around and have fun. For us, the Rest Beach was superb. The sand was [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Mallory SquareMallory Square is definitely a place to visit, not just because it is Key West's major attraction but is a place of history and fun in the same time. There are several cultural buildings such as museum and notable houses (like [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about Key West you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in Graz you should visit the old armory of the town from the 16./17. century. It´s the oldest completely preserved armory, attracting...
History & Culture: Landeszeughaus Graz
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
A must to see in Valencia is the City of Arts and Sciences (called 'Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias de Valencia' in Spanish), what is a huge...
Sightseeing: City of Arts and Sciences
While visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to...
General: The white cliffs of Dover
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
It's one of the most popular symbols of Vilnius and even Lithuania. Howerer, just one tower survided until our days. It now houses a...
History & Culture: Gediminas Castle
Even during your holiday you might need a massage, especially if you've been exploring the area and not staying in you suite all day long. The...
Sports & Wellness : Soular Massage Wellness Center