Weingarten Travel Tips, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Weingarten travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Weingarten travel tip categories:
- General (1)
- History & Culture (5)
- Night Life & Entertainment (2)
Browse Weingarten travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Weingarten travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Weingarten or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Weingarten travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Weingarten
- The SchinderhannesIf you want to enjoy a beer within a quaint atmosphere, you should go to the Schinderhannes. This bar has got also a beer garden, that´s nice in the summer. This place is also a cheap one, but quality and service is very good. Beer costs [...]D: 0.3mi00
- FasnetsmuseumIn a former property of the monastery of Weingarten, there is the new Fasnetsmuseum. It was founded on 2003 and shows you the rich culture and developement of the Altdorfer (old name of Weingarten) Fasnet. Over 50 lifesize figures and other [...]D: 0.8mi00
- New theater at a place called HofIn the local place of Hof, clos to Baienfurt, there will be a new thater in 2010. At the theater of Hof, many known artists will show their programs, regionally and nationally known , - but that's not all. They will hold about 6 times a [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Bar with nice beer gardenIf you want to spend a chilled night with good, cheap beer, you have to visit the 'Schinderhannes'. It´s a good atmosphere and you receive an good service. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Theater festival at the monastery of the cityIf you are at Weingarten around the end of july and during august, you should visit the theater festival at the monastery of Weingarten. It exists now since ten years and it is really good, also because of the scenery, the play takes place [...]D: 0.2mi00
- The Alamannen museumThis small museum is worth a look, if you are in the city center of Weingarten. It contains the history of the Alamannen, a tribe living in that area over 1700 years before. Also findings are exhibited there, even some burrial places [...]D: 0.1mi00
- The BlutrittIf you are in the city around the end of april, you should visit the biggest procession of riders in europe. It is called 'the Blutritt', because of the piece of the cross of Jesus, carried through the area of Weingarten and the surrounding [...]D: 0.2mi00
- The BasilikaIf you are at Weingarten you really should visit it´s baroque church, one of the biggest in germany. [...]D: 0.2mi00
Things about Weingarten you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegowina
Recently opened Hotel Union offers something for everyone. This sophisticated hotel is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the business...
General: Hotel UNION
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
Bring plenty of cash, clubbing is very expensive and so are restaurants and all shops. Make sure you get to see the Marc Chagall windows at the...
General: Visiting Zurich
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
In recent years, Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik, has emerged as a hip different to major European powerhouses, like Paris and Rome. full with...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Best of Reykjavik
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This restaurant is particularly well known for its fish paste. There are many kinds of dishes that are served in its fish paste. Some of these...
Food: Restoran Baru Lee
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
Long Beach, California
One of the most famous ships of all time, excluding the Titanic, The Queen Mary in Long Beach is a major attraction with lots of entertainment,...
History & Culture: The Queen Mary in Long Beach