Oakland Travel Tips, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Oakland travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Oakland travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (2)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Family & Fun (3)
- Food (4)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Shopping (1)
Browse Oakland travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Oakland travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Oakland or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Oakland travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Oakland
- Wood TavernModern yet sophisticated in a way, the Wood Tavern offers not only great service for a great dining experience but rich flavored and delicious dishes that make your heart melt. We had a pleasurable evening on our last night in Oakland and [...]D: 4mi00
- The Cathedral of Christ the LightWhen you think of cathedrals images of beautiful, baroque or Renaissance buildings come into your mind, like the dome of Notre Dame. The Cathedral of Christ the Light, however is exactly the opposite. A true architectural wonder, the [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Oakland Museum of CaliforniaFor a better insight into California's and the Bay Area's culture and history, the Oakland Museum of California is the place to start. Not only a visiting and interesting place but also and educational establishment that provides [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Flora RestaurantAn eclectic and modern restaurant which serves excellent food, and holds an atmosphere that invites you back. Flora Restaurant is one of my favorites in Oakland. They use fresh, organic ingredients so the food they make tastes always really [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Bakesale BettyThough not considered a restaurant, Bakesale Betty has still the best cookies in town. There is always quite a line in front of the bakery and people not only come for the cookies but also for the house's other specialty, the fried [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Preservation ParkPerfect for meetings, weddings or other events, or just a stroll, Preservation Park is one of the areas which has to be visited while in Oakland. Located at East Bay, and quite close to San Francisco, no to mention Oakland's city [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Somar Bar and LoungeOpen in the evenings, Somar Bar and Lounge is a great place to have fun or to relax after a more busy, tiring day. You can meet so many people in the bar, unwind and have a great evening, not worrying about anything. The service is good, [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Chabot Space & Science CenterThis huge and beautiful facility is not only located in amazing surroundings, off the highway but also opens its areas of research to public. The Chabot Space & Science Center is a fun and also educational place to be, regardless of [...]D: 5.3mi00
- Dopo RestaurantA truly Italian cuisine and friendly atmosphere makes the Dopo Restaurant a relaxing and enjoyable place to dine. The service there is excellent, not to mention the attention they provide once you enter their restaurant. The food is [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Paramount TheatreFor quite a reasonable price you can take a two hour of the Paramount Theater in Oakland on Broadway street. If you are lucky and catch the 1st or the 3rd Saturday of the month than you go on a tour of this amazing, historical building. [...]D: 1mi00
- Katrina RozelleA cake heaven, I have to admit. The place marvels with unique taste and finery, attention to detail. The Katrina Rozelle pastry and desserts shop is the place where you find the wedding/birthday/any celebration cake of your life. And they [...]D: 3.8mi00
- FairylandAn entertainment park which is mostly directed at child visitors, Fairyland is like Wonderland from Alice's dream. A wide variety of attractions ranging from Storybook Boxes to Puppet Theaters and Animals Centers, the park is the [...]D: 1.5mi00
- USS PotomacA real piece of history from the 20th century which has been restored and is as new as ever. Also known as the 'Floating White House', the USS Potomac has been the favorite of President Roosevelt. And today, the tours and cruises [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Oakland ZooWith interesting and hands-on exhibitions not to mention feeding and petting areas, the Oakland Zoo is a fun and great place for kids and friend groups to spend an afternoon with animals. Like many zoos, this one has great animals to see, [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Lake MerrittAs the center point of Oakland, Lake Merritt is not only a lake in a city, but a major entertainment destination both for locals and visitors alike. Surrounded by parks, golf courses and child-friendly areas, not to mention living spaces, [...]D: 1.4mi00
Things about Oakland you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Recent Oakland flights found by Travelgrove users
- $199 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Houston, TX (IAH) Oakland, CA (OAK) 03/19/2019 09:05 am Oakland, CA (OAK) Houston, TX (IAH) 03/28/2019 06:00 am
- $200 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Dallas, TX (DAL) Oakland, CA (OAK) 03/13/2019 06:00 am Oakland, CA (OAK) Dallas, TX (DAL) 03/18/2019 06:16 pm
- $201 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Las Vegas, NV (LAS) Oakland, CA (OAK) 02/25/2019 09:59 pm Oakland, CA (OAK) Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 03/01/2019 08:31 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
Keswick, United Kingdom
Spa breaks in the Lake District make you feel better than any destination. I think it is the lakes and the hills and the endless fresh air. Luckily...
Sports & Wellness : Lake District Spa Breaks
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
Salford, United Kingdom
UK Minibus Hire is a minibus hire company in the United Kingdom. We are offering to book local minibus around many popular regions Sheffield,...
Public Transportation: Ukminibuses Travel
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
Komala villas is a great place to try North and south Indian food in Singapore. The food here can either be ordered in a set meal or al carte...
Food: Komala Vilas Indian Restaurant
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
I am a nice and good looking girl tall and slim that searching for a man
General: I am a good looking girl