Austin Travel Tips, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Austin travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Austin travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (4)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (4)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Sports & Wellness (1)
Browse Austin travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Austin travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Austin or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Austin travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Austin
- LBJ Library and MuseumThe first free Presidential museum, the LBJ Library and Museum is a popular destination for visitors who are interested in the life and work of the U.S.'s 36th President. A visit to the museum building itself is worth it, which has [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Uchi RestaurantThe greatest Japanese food-serving place in Austin is the Uchi Restaurant on South Lamar Boulevard with its sublime decor and professional staff. The Uchi restaurant has won several awards which can be seen on the walls and with reason too [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Moonshine Restaurant in AustinIs small homey restaurant that serves dishes that remind you of old times or your grandma's Sunday meals. The Moonshine Restaurant is a heaven of simple, homey food served with delicious flavors. Their menus include seafood, steak and [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Fogo de Chao in AustinFeaturing Brazilian cuisine the Fogo de Chao restaurant is the perfect place for meat-lovers. You are given really big portions, so much so that sometimes there's no place for dessert. :) The service is outstanding, the food is [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Live Love Paddle ToursKayaking down the river, watching a bat colony and having fun is one of the most exciting ways to spend your day in Austin, whether you're a local or a visitor. Live-Love-Paddle Tours can offer you an amazing few hours where you can [...]D: 2.2mi10
- Barton Springs PoolTo escape the heat in the summer, a visit to the Barton Springs Pool is the best way to do it, especially if you would still like to be outdoors! :) The large pool is a favorite amongst the locals, baptism, swimming contest, beauty [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Zilker Botanical GardenThe Zilker Botanical Garden is an amazing place in the city, it has also been called "the jewel in the heart of Austin" and with reason, it is not only peaceful but really beautiful. To get the best of the garden you should visit [...]D: 3.1mi00
- The Oasis Restaurant in AustinWith the most beautiful view of Lake Travis, the Oasis Restaurant is a popular lunch and dinner destination for people staying and visiting Austin. However, not just the view is spectacular from the restaurant, their eclectic cuisine is [...]D: 13.6mi00
- The DriskillEven if you can't stay in this amazingly beautiful hotel because you're on a budget, you should still go and take a look at it, or have a drink inside, because The Driskill is not just a luxury hotel, it is a symbol of Texas history [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Elisabet Ney MuseumInspired by beauty and using science in creating amazingly beautiful artwork, the Elisabet Ney Museum holds the artist's paintings and sculptures and puts them on display for visitors. Through her work people can look at beauty in a new [...]D: 5.4mi00
- Esther's FolliesThis comedy theater is one of the greatest I went to in Austin. Their performances are full of life and color and they make Esther's Follies a magical place to be. If you don't really have to get inside and sit through all their [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Sixth StreetTo feel the entertaining Austin at its best, you have to visit Sixth Street, because that's where the fun begins at night. Full of shops, bars, clubs and restaurants, Sixth Street is artistic and entertainment center of the city. You [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Halina European Day Spa & SalonOne of a kind stress-alleviating experience is what you can get in the Halina European Day Spa and Salon, whether you're there for facials, manicure/pedicure, massage or hair care. The staff is informative, giving you details on [...]D: 6.7mi00
- Texas State History MuseumTelling the story of this amazing state, the Texas State History Museum is a historical gem for the visitor. Detailed exhibits and varied collections await the curious eyes and minds of people. There are also free events held at the [...]D: 3.4mi00
- University of Texas in AustinHaving one of the most beautiful buildings as far as its architecture is concerned, the University of Texas at Austin is a place to visit, especially its campus. There are tours organized for parents and visitors, anyone who would like to [...]D: 4.1mi00
Things about Austin you may be interested in
Recent Austin flights found by Travelgrove users
- $147 Frontier Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Las Vegas, NV (LAS) Austin, TX (AUS) 05/15/2017 06:15 pm Austin, TX (AUS) Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 05/22/2017 03:30 pm
- $150 Frontier Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Chicago, IL (ORD) Austin, TX (AUS) 10/25/2017 07:45 am Austin, TX (AUS) Chicago, IL (ORD) 10/30/2017 11:30 am
- $195 Multiple Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Milwaukee, WI (MKE) Austin, TX (AUS) 10/25/2017 04:25 pm Austin, TX (AUS) Milwaukee, WI (MKE) 10/30/2017 11:30 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
If you want to go for bathing, just take the train to the Bodensee in the summer. It goes regularly down there.
Outdoors Activities: Bathing
Taller de Tapas in El Born right near Santa Maria del Mar is a great spot for decently priced food. Our delicious, 1/2 bottle of wine cost only 7...
Food: Taller de Tapas
India tour package fascinates anyone by offering so many enchanting destinations which are housed with several historical sites representing...
General: India Tour Travel || India Travel Tour
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
We didn't spend much time in the hotel, we were roaming the streets all day long, exploring various areas, but while we DID spend time inside,...
General: Holiday Inn Lisbon Continental
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
Belen, New Mexico
Local artist Zack Meyer and his crew are decorating the buildings of downtown Belen with colorful murals. There's something for everyone...
Sightseeing: Belen Murals
Featuring delicious Greek cuisine, Santorini's Greek Kitchen is a European gem in the heart of Indianapolis. Their gyros and calamari are...
Food: Santorini's Greek Kitchen in Indianapolis