San Jose Travel Tips, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Jose travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these San Jose travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (4)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Family & Fun (3)
- Outdoors Activities (1)
- Food (4)
- Shopping (1)
- Sports & Wellness (1)
Browse San Jose travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' San Jose travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for San Jose or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these San Jose travel tips.
Recent travel tips for San Jose
- Happy Hollow Park and ZooIt is the best place in San Jose for kids. The Happy Hollow Park and Zoo provides children fun and entertaining activities from playing through a small city made from cardboard boxes to patting animals in the zoo. The children of my friend [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Cinnabar Hills Golf ClubFor golf-lovers the Cinnabar Hills Golf Club is like heaven on earth. Playing through a canyon, lake and mountain area, with lush green scenery and and up-to-standard staff, the experience is more than memorable. I've never played golf [...]D: 16.1mi00
- South First BilliardsEquipped with at least 30 pool tables, South First Billiards in San Jose is a fun place with live music and a great crowd. The Happy Hour last from 4pm to 7pm every day, and they have a new addition to their 'playground', [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Bill's CafeLocated in various parts of San Jose, Bill's Cafe offers a wide variety of breakfast dishes from scrambled eggs to pancakes. The serve also lunch, but their breakfast menus are the ones you should definitely try out. We went to their [...]D: 4mi00
- The Tech Museum of InnovationSo many interesting exhibitions can be found here in the The Tech Museum of Innovation in San Jose, that it is a must-see for everyone visiting the city. The whole place is designed in such a way that even people with disabilities have an [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Rosicrucian Egyptian MuseumThe Ancient Egyptians have and still fascinate people, and the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum tries to unveil some of the mysteries and secrets of this nation with its exhibits and lectures. Sculptures and objects from their everyday life [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Winchester Mystery HouseHaving the fame of one of the most amazing hunted houses, the Winchester Mystery House is a major tourist attraction in San Jose. Though I feel it a bit overpriced, the whole mansion is just amazing all in itself. Mrs. Manchester, the [...]D: 3.8mi00
- Zeni Ethiopian RestaurantI've never tasted Ethiopian food before, so it was something different for me to eat at the Zeni Ethiopian Restaurant. And it was a unique experience. Their foods have such interesting flavors, so much aroma that I felt I really [...]D: 5.8mi00
- Children's Discovery MuseumThere are so many interactive exhibitions in the Children's Discovery Museum that no matter what age your child has, he or she will definitely enjoy every minute of your visit. My kids were overjoyed by all the objects and hands-on [...]D: 3mi00
- Kelley ParkOwned by a former mayor of the city, Kelley Park is home to various museums, the Japanese Garden and features picnic areas and BBQs. Though not one of the most popular parks in San Jose, Kelley is a nice get-away to both visitors and [...]D: 3.7mi00
- J. Lohr WineryLocated only 1.5 miles from downtown, the J. Lohr Winery offers a exquisite wines for tasting in their Tasting Room Center. There are no reservations in advance needed though you may want to contact them if you are going with a larger [...]D: 2.2mi00
- San Jose Flea MarketFun and inviting with activities for all ages, the San Jose Flea Market is not just a market where you can sell your stuff or buy, it a place that provides entertainment for everyone. There are annual events, festival that are held in the [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Alum Rock ParkFull of picnic tables, BBQs and 2 playgrounds, the Alum Rock Park is the greatest getaway if you're with friends as we were. I doesn't matter if you live in San Jose or you're just in visit, you can go to the park for a [...]D: 5.6mi00
- San Jose History ParkStrolling through the paved streets of the San Jose History Park, you feel you've been transported back in time. Buildings of the past centuries were restored or relocated here, giving the park an old-times aspect. Several galleries, [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Falafel Drive-inFor a quicker lunch, especially if you middle-eastern food, the Falafel Drive-in is the perfect eatery. You can get a take-away and enjoy your meal on some other location, or if you have more time than you can sit down and eat at one of [...]D: 3.1mi00
Things about San Jose you may be interested in
Recent San Jose, CA flights found by Travelgrove users
- $223 Alaska Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time San Francisco, CA (SFO) San Jose, CA (SJC) 01/04/2023 07:55 pm San Jose, CA (SJC) San Francisco, CA (SFO) 01/15/2023 07:10 pm
- $261 Alaska Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Boise, ID (BOI) San Jose, CA (SJC) 01/28/2023 08:50 am San Jose, CA (SJC) Boise, ID (BOI) 02/02/2023 09:00 am
- $291 Spirit Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) San Jose, CR (SJO) 01/07/2023 11:04 pm San Jose, CR (SJO) Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) 01/15/2023 01:59 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It might be bizarre to recommend a cemetery as a sight, but it's my best place in the whole city. A lot of Argentina's famous and wealthy people...
History & Culture: Recoleta Cemetery
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
If you are at Cologne and you are interested in history, but you also want to go on a walk, you should visit the remnants of the roman auqeduct of...
History & Culture: The roman auqeduct
Bat Dat Royal is a nice little Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant near the city center of Freiburg. They have a pretty good buffet and at night they...
Food: Bat Dat Royal China-Vietnam Restaurant
Bonao, Dominican Republic
Travel to the mountains of the caribbean. Climb the highest peak of the Caribbean. Pico Duarte
Outdoors Activities: Hotel Gold Premium
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
The fantastic ice range of the Cordillera Huayhuash is renowned for knife-edged 20,000-foot peaks that attract mountaineers from around the world....
Outdoors Activities: Trekking Hiking Cordillera Blanca Cordillera Huayhuash Peru
If you visit the island of Oahu in Hawaii, make sure that you take a day to spend at Lani Kai beach. It is the most amazing beach i have been to....
General: Best Beaches Ever
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
New York, New York
Food- As soon as my wanderlust begins, my lust for food was on my mind pretty much more than anything else throughout my waking. Being headed to...
General: 10 Things You Need To Know About Great Food Tour of New York