Winchester Mystery House, San Jose, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Jose > Winchester Mystery House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though I feel it a bit overpriced, the whole mansion is just amazing all in itself. Mrs. Manchester, the eccentric old lady that bought the house has been building it since the day she moved in to the moment she died. I really liked the design of the house, the furnishing, the Victorian-like exterior.
The whole hunted-house feeling just adds to the mansion/s mystery and makes it a more interesting sight to visit.
525 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose, CA 95128, USA
Grand Estate Tour is $33 for adults and $30 for children.
In summer open from 8am to 5/7pm an in winter from 9am to 3/5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Jose
- Alum Rock ParkFull of picnic tables, BBQs and 2 playgrounds, the Alum Rock Park is the greatest getaway if you're with friends as we were. I doesn't matter if you live in San Jose or you're just in visit, you can go to the park for a [...]D: 5.6mi00
- Kelley ParkOwned by a former mayor of the city, Kelley Park is home to various museums, the Japanese Garden and features picnic areas and BBQs. Though not one of the most popular parks in San Jose, Kelley is a nice get-away to both visitors and [...]D: 3.7mi00
- The Tech Museum of InnovationSo many interesting exhibitions can be found here in the The Tech Museum of Innovation in San Jose, that it is a must-see for everyone visiting the city. The whole place is designed in such a way that even people with disabilities have an [...]D: 2.6mi00
- San Jose History ParkStrolling through the paved streets of the San Jose History Park, you feel you've been transported back in time. Buildings of the past centuries were restored or relocated here, giving the park an old-times aspect. Several galleries, [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Falafel Drive-inFor a quicker lunch, especially if you middle-eastern food, the Falafel Drive-in is the perfect eatery. You can get a take-away and enjoy your meal on some other location, or if you have more time than you can sit down and eat at one of [...]D: 3.1mi00
Things about San Jose you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Full of color and smell, the Egyptian Bazaar is like spice gem in a small street. There so many spices, nuts, seeds, dried fruits to choose from,...
Shopping: Egyptian Bazaar
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT
Lake Powell is one of the best places you can visit if you're looking for some outdoors activities. To me a lake in the desert is simply amazing...
Outdoors Activities: Renting a Boat at Lake Powell