Winchester Mystery House, San Jose, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Jose > Winchester Mystery House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though I feel it a bit overpriced, the whole mansion is just amazing all in itself. Mrs. Manchester, the eccentric old lady that bought the house has been building it since the day she moved in to the moment she died. I really liked the design of the house, the furnishing, the Victorian-like exterior.
The whole hunted-house feeling just adds to the mansion/s mystery and makes it a more interesting sight to visit.
525 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose, CA 95128, USA
Grand Estate Tour is $33 for adults and $30 for children.
In summer open from 8am to 5/7pm an in winter from 9am to 3/5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for San Jose
- Zeni Ethiopian RestaurantI've never tasted Ethiopian food before, so it was something different for me to eat at the Zeni Ethiopian Restaurant. And it was a unique experience. Their foods have such interesting flavors, so much aroma that I felt I really [...]D: 5.8mi00
- The Tech Museum of InnovationSo many interesting exhibitions can be found here in the The Tech Museum of Innovation in San Jose, that it is a must-see for everyone visiting the city. The whole place is designed in such a way that even people with disabilities have an [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Rosicrucian Egyptian MuseumThe Ancient Egyptians have and still fascinate people, and the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum tries to unveil some of the mysteries and secrets of this nation with its exhibits and lectures. Sculptures and objects from their everyday life [...]D: 2.3mi00
- J. Lohr WineryLocated only 1.5 miles from downtown, the J. Lohr Winery offers a exquisite wines for tasting in their Tasting Room Center. There are no reservations in advance needed though you may want to contact them if you are going with a larger [...]D: 2.2mi00
- San Jose Flea MarketFun and inviting with activities for all ages, the San Jose Flea Market is not just a market where you can sell your stuff or buy, it a place that provides entertainment for everyone. There are annual events, festival that are held in the [...]D: 1.8mi00
Things about San Jose you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The view from Belfort Tower over this marvelous medieval city is something you don't want to miss. The 366 steps of this 83 meters tower are worth...
Sightseeing: Belfort Tower (Belfry of Bruges)
In Überlingen there is a great swimminghall with a big water-slip.
General: The great swimminghall
Check your holiday acommodation 100%, if you rent a holiday house.
General: Holiday house
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
There is nothing quite like riding over the beautiful Himalayan mountains on the iconic Royal Entfield – we invite you to come and discover...
Sports & Wellness : Motorcycle Tour to Ladakh & Leh
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
Many travelers combine Indochina destinations to have a great mixture of culture, relaxation, beauty and uniqueness altogether in one region....
General: Visit Golden Pagodas around Yangon
Don't forget to document each of your travel. Always bring your cameras or videocam for photos and video of your trip.
General: Los Angeles
If you are at the Lake Saint Ana, it has a great Bell Vedere point, from it you can se the entire lake
General: Lake Saint Ana
Buffalo, New York
You get transported back in time during the tour of the Wilcox Mansion, the place where Theodore Roosevelt's short and improvised inauguration...
Sightseeing: Wilcox Mansion