Louisville Travel Tips, Kentucky
Travel tips > North America > United States > Louisville travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Louisville travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (4)
- Night Life & Entertainment (1)
- Family & Fun (2)
- Food (4)
- Sightseeing (4)
Browse Louisville travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Louisville travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Louisville or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Louisville travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Louisville
- Louisville Equestrian CenterA great child-friendly facility that is open to the public for lessons and guided tours alike. The Louisville Equestrian Center is the home oasis of horses, in the outskirts of the city. The great thing about the center, beside the [...]D: 15.4mi00
- Kentucky Derby MuseumThough even if you are not a horse-racing fan, this museum will surely make you one. The Kentucky Derby Museum has a small collection of videos and memorabilia of famous racing horses and jockeys, but those are truly worth seeing. Not to [...]D: 0.6mi00
- City Taste ToursSightseeing and eating at local restaurants are the first things you do when you travel to a foreign country/city. And with the City Taste Tours you literally have a taste of the local traditions. You don't just hop along in a bus and [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Churchill DownsWe took the behind-the-scenes tour when we visited the Churchill Downs, which has been the home of the Kentucky Derby for ten of years, and it was worth every penny and effort. We saw the millionaires' lounge, the media area, the locker [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Saffron's RestaurantWith Persian cuisine as their specialty, Saffron's Restaurant is not only welcoming but once you've eaten there, it will remain with you forever. Excellent food, tasty desserts and a great, warm ambiance is combined in this locale [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Lilly's - Kentucky BistroA pretty little place that is worth dining in each and every time you go to Louisville, Lilly's Kentucky Bistro is a blast. And what makes this place so great and sought after is that it uses only local products, like organic [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Louisville ZooWith many and interesting exhibits, not to mention an arboretum and a huge collection of various animals, the Louisville Zoo should definitely be visited. The Lorikeet landing with its many noisy and colorful parrots was really great, but [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Louisville Slugger Museum & FactoryA truly interesting museum that features not only traditional exhibitions but also provides a tour in the factory where bats are made. The Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory is a blast both for adults and children. You can't [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Cherokee ParkAs many parks, the Cherokee Park is something like an oasis in a busy city. Beside the usual walkways, there are also some hiking trails that can be followed, and a 9-hole golf course. Not to mention the various areas for picnicking. It is [...]D: 4.7mi00
- Frazier International History MuseumFocusing mainly on guns and their history and development, the Frazier International History Museum is also quite entertaining for children too. Though there aren't so many interactive exhibits, the statues itself are really catchy, and [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Old LouisvilleThe jewel of the city, the Old Louisville area is a symbol of beauty, tradition and history all combined and represented by the style and architecture of the district. Various historical landmarks are worth seeing here, like the St. James [...]D: n/a00
- Fourth Street Live!A place buzzing with vibrant energy and entertainment, the Fourth Street Live! is a nightlife, dining, fun experience where you should go if you want to spend your night dancing and entertained. The restaurants are easily for visitors, not [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Seviche RestaurantCalled also a Latin restaurant, this place has such fine food that it makes you return each time just for another taste. The Seviche Restaurant is owned by a Mexican man who has perfected his talents first in his grandparents' kitchen [...]D: 3.5mi00
- English GrillMaybe the best restaurant in town, perhaps due to its location in a top-notch hotel, the English Grill however should not be missed. First, the presentation of the wood just makes you grab into it, and once you do, the flavors just melt in [...]D: 2.9mi00
- The Speed Art MuseumBeing a free museum, though a $4 donation is encouraged, The Speed Art Museum is the perfect place to linger on a more crazy afternoon, taking a lazy walk and just getting overwhelmed by the eclectic collections that are on display there. [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Louisville you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Recent Louisville flights found by Travelgrove users
- $292 Frontier Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Las Vegas, NV (LAS) Louisville, KY (SDF) 12/17/2020 08:10 pm Louisville, KY (SDF) Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 12/26/2020 02:05 pm
- $297 Alaska Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time Seattle, WA (SEA) Louisville, KY (SDF) 12/23/2020 12:15 am Louisville, KY (SDF) Seattle, WA (SEA) 01/06/2021 03:20 pm
- $307 Alaska Airlines
cheapoair.com check price
From To Departure Time San Jose, CA (SJC) Louisville, KY (SDF) 01/08/2021 11:50 am Louisville, KY (SDF) San Jose, CA (SJC) 01/20/2021 04:15 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
When going to this place make sure you stay at a 4star,you will enjoy your holiday better.
While in Bali you must visit the monkey temple in Uluwatu. You get an awesome view from the high cliffs where the temple sits and the temple itself...
History & Culture: Uluwatu - Monkey Temple
If you really want to enjoy the thrill of a live show by internationally famous performers, visit Verona- the city of romance; well-known for its...
General: Discovering the Grandeur of Performing in an Arena
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Check booking fares early & often The flight booking fares always fluctuate, so timing is everything to book a flight ticket. I recommend...
General: Minimal stop when flying
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
No thing important i like go best place
General: Man or mr
Buffalo, New York
The Buffalo City Hall is an exceptional building. It's grand and magnificent, a true architectural masterpiece. Go to the 13th floor and marvel...
History & Culture: Buffalo City Hall
At preferred-limousine.com, get the wonderful experience of Transportation Services with our top-quality Private Car Service & Town Car Service in...
Public Transportation: Preferred Limousine
Key West, Florida
Beaches are for lazing around, getting tanned and swimming in the sea. For families it is the best place, where children can play all day long,...
Beaches : Rest Beach of Key West
New Orleans, Louisiana
The French Quarter in New Orleans is the heart of the city, and you can't get any closer to the heart of the Vieux Carré (as the Quarter is also...
Sightseeing: Jackson Square in New Orleans
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
This tour is designed to give travelers a little taste of the Vietnamese culture in HCMC, Nha Trang, Hoi An and Halong Bay. During your 8 day trip...
Sightseeing: Holiday to Vietnam with Luxury Travel Vietnam