The Speed Art Museum, Louisville, Kentucky
Travel tips > North America > United States > Louisville > The Speed Art Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Several paintings from famous artists, illuminated books from the middle ages, modern-style sculptures and many other artworks that both amaze and fascinate the onlookers. I believe this museum, with its small collections is a treasure chest imagination and ideas. I can only recommend it!
2035 S 3rd St, Louisville, KY 40208, USA
Free ($4 donations accepted) except to special exhibitions.
General opening hours are from 10am to 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Louisville
- City Taste ToursSightseeing and eating at local restaurants are the first things you do when you travel to a foreign country/city. And with the City Taste Tours you literally have a taste of the local traditions. You don't just hop along in a bus and [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Frazier International History MuseumFocusing mainly on guns and their history and development, the Frazier International History Museum is also quite entertaining for children too. Though there aren't so many interactive exhibits, the statues itself are really catchy, and [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Lilly's - Kentucky BistroA pretty little place that is worth dining in each and every time you go to Louisville, Lilly's Kentucky Bistro is a blast. And what makes this place so great and sought after is that it uses only local products, like organic [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Churchill DownsWe took the behind-the-scenes tour when we visited the Churchill Downs, which has been the home of the Kentucky Derby for ten of years, and it was worth every penny and effort. We saw the millionaires' lounge, the media area, the locker [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Louisville Equestrian CenterA great child-friendly facility that is open to the public for lessons and guided tours alike. The Louisville Equestrian Center is the home oasis of horses, in the outskirts of the city. The great thing about the center, beside the [...]D: 15.4mi00
Things about Louisville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
Brukenthal Museum was founded by Joseph Bruckenthal, the governor of the city during the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The museum has more buildings,...
History & Culture: Brukenthal Museum
Originally the home of sports games in the Byzantine period, the Hippodrome has been later converted into a park. It is open to the public all day...
Sightseeing: Byzantine Hippodrome
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
Houston Zoo is easily accessible as it is very close to other popular places of the city like the Hermann Park or the Museum district. Naturally,...
Family & Fun: The Houston Zoo
Washington, District Of Columbia
Wilderness and peacefulness combine in the Kenilworth Park on the Anacostia River and this mixture of different feelings made this park/garden my...
Outdoors Activities: Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens