The Speed Art Museum, Louisville, Kentucky
Travel tips > North America > United States > Louisville > The Speed Art Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Several paintings from famous artists, illuminated books from the middle ages, modern-style sculptures and many other artworks that both amaze and fascinate the onlookers. I believe this museum, with its small collections is a treasure chest imagination and ideas. I can only recommend it!
2035 S 3rd St, Louisville, KY 40208, USA
Free ($4 donations accepted) except to special exhibitions.
General opening hours are from 10am to 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Louisville
- Seviche RestaurantCalled also a Latin restaurant, this place has such fine food that it makes you return each time just for another taste. The Seviche Restaurant is owned by a Mexican man who has perfected his talents first in his grandparents' kitchen [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Churchill DownsWe took the behind-the-scenes tour when we visited the Churchill Downs, which has been the home of the Kentucky Derby for ten of years, and it was worth every penny and effort. We saw the millionaires' lounge, the media area, the locker [...]D: 0.6mi00
- City Taste ToursSightseeing and eating at local restaurants are the first things you do when you travel to a foreign country/city. And with the City Taste Tours you literally have a taste of the local traditions. You don't just hop along in a bus and [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Louisville Equestrian CenterA great child-friendly facility that is open to the public for lessons and guided tours alike. The Louisville Equestrian Center is the home oasis of horses, in the outskirts of the city. The great thing about the center, beside the [...]D: 15.4mi00
- Louisville ZooWith many and interesting exhibits, not to mention an arboretum and a huge collection of various animals, the Louisville Zoo should definitely be visited. The Lorikeet landing with its many noisy and colorful parrots was really great, but [...]D: 2.8mi00
Things about Louisville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
In Überlingen there is a great swimminghall with a big water-slip.
General: The great swimminghall
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
I don't know why so many visitors to Hawaii miss out on seeing the rainforest. Just ten minutes from Waikiki you can find a great trail that...
Outdoors Activities: Manoa Falls
Another part from downtown which features local shops, restaurants and homes is Stockton's Miracle Mile which can give you a glimpse of into...
Night Life & Entertainment: Stockton's Miracle Mile