Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, Kentucky
Travel tips > North America > United States > Louisville > Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can't really miss the museum with its giant bat decorating the entrance. The several bats on display were used by famous players, some having their names carved into them. Then the factory is what makes this place unique. You can watch bats being made in the old days and now, using modern technology. There isn't anything like it! Highly recommended place!
800 W Main St, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Adults $10, children $5
9am to 5pm daily. (Sun from noon)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Louisville
- Seviche RestaurantCalled also a Latin restaurant, this place has such fine food that it makes you return each time just for another taste. The Seviche Restaurant is owned by a Mexican man who has perfected his talents first in his grandparents' kitchen [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Kentucky Derby MuseumThough even if you are not a horse-racing fan, this museum will surely make you one. The Kentucky Derby Museum has a small collection of videos and memorabilia of famous racing horses and jockeys, but those are truly worth seeing. Not to [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Churchill DownsWe took the behind-the-scenes tour when we visited the Churchill Downs, which has been the home of the Kentucky Derby for ten of years, and it was worth every penny and effort. We saw the millionaires' lounge, the media area, the locker [...]D: 0.6mi00
- English GrillMaybe the best restaurant in town, perhaps due to its location in a top-notch hotel, the English Grill however should not be missed. First, the presentation of the wood just makes you grab into it, and once you do, the flavors just melt in [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Lilly's - Kentucky BistroA pretty little place that is worth dining in each and every time you go to Louisville, Lilly's Kentucky Bistro is a blast. And what makes this place so great and sought after is that it uses only local products, like organic [...]D: 3.2mi00
Things about Louisville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to rent rooms there for holidays, call the local tourist office. They can give you a long list of hotels and and so called 'pensionen'.
General: Tourisst acommodations
When any of us think about the Galapagos we usually think of huge tortoises and Charles Darwin the man who created the idea of evolution. The...
Sightseeing: Charles Darwin Station
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
It's one of the most popular symbols of Vilnius and even Lithuania. Howerer, just one tower survided until our days. It now houses a...
History & Culture: Gediminas Castle
The best way to get to the city from the airport is by Taxi. Also, once you are in the city, the best way to travel is again by taxi, it's cheap...
Public Transportation: Airport Transfer
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
Los Angeles, California
This place is great if you enjoy fresh and rich Mexican food. I love the food there and the drinks of course. The atmosphere is also special.
Food: Tacos Baja Ensenada
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon