Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, Kentucky
Travel tips > North America > United States > Louisville > Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can't really miss the museum with its giant bat decorating the entrance. The several bats on display were used by famous players, some having their names carved into them. Then the factory is what makes this place unique. You can watch bats being made in the old days and now, using modern technology. There isn't anything like it! Highly recommended place!
800 W Main St, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Adults $10, children $5
9am to 5pm daily. (Sun from noon)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Louisville
- Cherokee ParkAs many parks, the Cherokee Park is something like an oasis in a busy city. Beside the usual walkways, there are also some hiking trails that can be followed, and a 9-hole golf course. Not to mention the various areas for picnicking. It is [...]D: 4.7mi00
- Kentucky Derby MuseumThough even if you are not a horse-racing fan, this museum will surely make you one. The Kentucky Derby Museum has a small collection of videos and memorabilia of famous racing horses and jockeys, but those are truly worth seeing. Not to [...]D: 0.6mi00
- The Speed Art MuseumBeing a free museum, though a $4 donation is encouraged, The Speed Art Museum is the perfect place to linger on a more crazy afternoon, taking a lazy walk and just getting overwhelmed by the eclectic collections that are on display there. [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Louisville ZooWith many and interesting exhibits, not to mention an arboretum and a huge collection of various animals, the Louisville Zoo should definitely be visited. The Lorikeet landing with its many noisy and colorful parrots was really great, but [...]D: 2.8mi00
- English GrillMaybe the best restaurant in town, perhaps due to its location in a top-notch hotel, the English Grill however should not be missed. First, the presentation of the wood just makes you grab into it, and once you do, the flavors just melt in [...]D: 2.9mi00
Things about Louisville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Butternut squash ravioli is a must-try if you are in Alice Fazooli's Crabshack. My friend tried some meatballs which were also very good....
Food: Alice Fazooli's Crabshack
Bat Dat Royal is a nice little Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant near the city center of Freiburg. They have a pretty good buffet and at night they...
Food: Bat Dat Royal China-Vietnam Restaurant
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
Dagupan City, Philippines
Tada Optical has a huge selection of signature frames and sunglasses! Competitive optical shop in a province!!!
Sports & Wellness : Optical service
The Best hotels in Birmingham affordable extended stay lodging accommodations for business and family travelers at a affordable rate. If you are...
General: The Best Hotels in Birmingham For Your Budget
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
The best donut serving facility, Long's Bakery is the pastry paradise of both locals and visitors alike. If you go to the bakery, make sure...
Food: Long's Bakery
La Jolla, California
Westfield Shoppingtown UTC with its fantastically beautiful promenade operates more than 160 selected stores. There are, for example, Abercrombie &...
Shopping: Westfield hoppingtown UTC
If you go to Innsbruck, train is the most comfortable way to get there. From the mainstation you can get everywhere by taxi.
General: How to get there comfortably