Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, Kentucky
Travel tips > North America > United States > Louisville > Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can't really miss the museum with its giant bat decorating the entrance. The several bats on display were used by famous players, some having their names carved into them. Then the factory is what makes this place unique. You can watch bats being made in the old days and now, using modern technology. There isn't anything like it! Highly recommended place!
800 W Main St, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Adults $10, children $5
9am to 5pm daily. (Sun from noon)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Louisville
- The Speed Art MuseumBeing a free museum, though a $4 donation is encouraged, The Speed Art Museum is the perfect place to linger on a more crazy afternoon, taking a lazy walk and just getting overwhelmed by the eclectic collections that are on display there. [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Cherokee ParkAs many parks, the Cherokee Park is something like an oasis in a busy city. Beside the usual walkways, there are also some hiking trails that can be followed, and a 9-hole golf course. Not to mention the various areas for picnicking. It is [...]D: 4.7mi00
- Old LouisvilleThe jewel of the city, the Old Louisville area is a symbol of beauty, tradition and history all combined and represented by the style and architecture of the district. Various historical landmarks are worth seeing here, like the St. James [...]D: n/a00
- Kentucky Derby MuseumThough even if you are not a horse-racing fan, this museum will surely make you one. The Kentucky Derby Museum has a small collection of videos and memorabilia of famous racing horses and jockeys, but those are truly worth seeing. Not to [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Frazier International History MuseumFocusing mainly on guns and their history and development, the Frazier International History Museum is also quite entertaining for children too. Though there aren't so many interactive exhibits, the statues itself are really catchy, and [...]D: 3.6mi00
Things about Louisville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
London, United Kingdom
My favorite of all the museums of London is the V & A Museum of Childhood. They have a collection of 8,000 dolls, Britain's biggest doll house...
History & Culture: Museum of Childhood
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
Here at Mazo Konkan! we’re very excited to announce the launch of our newly designed Sub-Division / Website which goes live today and is located...
General: Ganpatipule - Mazo Konkan's sub-division launch!
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
Raleigh, North Carolina
Though only called a park, the William B. Umstead State Park is actually a small forest with hiking, bike and horse trails, picnic areas and a fish...
Sightseeing: Umstead State Park
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide