Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, Kentucky
Travel tips > North America > United States > Louisville > Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can't really miss the museum with its giant bat decorating the entrance. The several bats on display were used by famous players, some having their names carved into them. Then the factory is what makes this place unique. You can watch bats being made in the old days and now, using modern technology. There isn't anything like it! Highly recommended place!
800 W Main St, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Adults $10, children $5
9am to 5pm daily. (Sun from noon)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Louisville
- Louisville ZooWith many and interesting exhibits, not to mention an arboretum and a huge collection of various animals, the Louisville Zoo should definitely be visited. The Lorikeet landing with its many noisy and colorful parrots was really great, but [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Saffron's RestaurantWith Persian cuisine as their specialty, Saffron's Restaurant is not only welcoming but once you've eaten there, it will remain with you forever. Excellent food, tasty desserts and a great, warm ambiance is combined in this locale [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Kentucky Derby MuseumThough even if you are not a horse-racing fan, this museum will surely make you one. The Kentucky Derby Museum has a small collection of videos and memorabilia of famous racing horses and jockeys, but those are truly worth seeing. Not to [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Frazier International History MuseumFocusing mainly on guns and their history and development, the Frazier International History Museum is also quite entertaining for children too. Though there aren't so many interactive exhibits, the statues itself are really catchy, and [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Louisville Equestrian CenterA great child-friendly facility that is open to the public for lessons and guided tours alike. The Louisville Equestrian Center is the home oasis of horses, in the outskirts of the city. The great thing about the center, beside the [...]D: 15.4mi00
Things about Louisville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
The City Hall was built in its present form by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in the year 1700. Check the gardens inside. No public access inside the...
Sightseeing: Hotel de Ville
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
A beautiful place where you can relax, take a stroll to clear your head or watch a free event, the Nashville Centennial Park is a city landmark. ...
Sightseeing: Nashville Centennial Park
New Orleans, Louisiana
Tipitina's was featured in The Big Easy, the 1987 film, and it is one o the liveslies night spot in the city. It is a venue where you can see...
Night Life & Entertainment: Tipitina's in New orleans
The reason why the food was so good at the Mezzo Restaurant is maybe because they prepare everything daily. The sauces and other preparations are...
Food: Mezzo Restaurant
Hanoi Bac Mai, Vietnam
Top places to visit on your Myanmar Tour Packages # 1: Experience an exciting and really different cruising through the Ayeyarwady River in...
Sightseeing: Top destinations to see in Myanmar