Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, Kentucky
Travel tips > North America > United States > Louisville > Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
You can't really miss the museum with its giant bat decorating the entrance. The several bats on display were used by famous players, some having their names carved into them. Then the factory is what makes this place unique. You can watch bats being made in the old days and now, using modern technology. There isn't anything like it! Highly recommended place!
800 W Main St, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Adults $10, children $5
9am to 5pm daily. (Sun from noon)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Louisville
- Churchill DownsWe took the behind-the-scenes tour when we visited the Churchill Downs, which has been the home of the Kentucky Derby for ten of years, and it was worth every penny and effort. We saw the millionaires' lounge, the media area, the locker [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Saffron's RestaurantWith Persian cuisine as their specialty, Saffron's Restaurant is not only welcoming but once you've eaten there, it will remain with you forever. Excellent food, tasty desserts and a great, warm ambiance is combined in this locale [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Cherokee ParkAs many parks, the Cherokee Park is something like an oasis in a busy city. Beside the usual walkways, there are also some hiking trails that can be followed, and a 9-hole golf course. Not to mention the various areas for picnicking. It is [...]D: 4.7mi00
- The Speed Art MuseumBeing a free museum, though a $4 donation is encouraged, The Speed Art Museum is the perfect place to linger on a more crazy afternoon, taking a lazy walk and just getting overwhelmed by the eclectic collections that are on display there. [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Louisville ZooWith many and interesting exhibits, not to mention an arboretum and a huge collection of various animals, the Louisville Zoo should definitely be visited. The Lorikeet landing with its many noisy and colorful parrots was really great, but [...]D: 2.8mi00
Things about Louisville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
If you have half an hour or so of free time and you don't know what to do with yourself, I suggest you visit Paço Imperial, the former seat of...
History & Culture: Paço Imperial, Rio's Imperial Palace
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
If you want to spend a chilled night with good, cheap beer, you have to visit the 'Schinderhannes'. It´s a good atmosphere and you receive an good...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar with nice beer garden
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This Restaurant Nilla is a very famous among the locals and even among tourists as this restaurant is known for its banana-lead food. Many regard...
Food: Restaurant Nilla
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!