The Driskill, Austin, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Austin > The Driskill
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Built around 1880 in honor of a wealthy nobleman, Jesse Driskill, this hotel is a historical landmark, home to business venues, political conventions and music performances. It has a marvelous architecture and it is worth a look if only for the sake of some pictures. Highly recommending it!
604 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Austin
- Fogo de Chao in AustinFeaturing Brazilian cuisine the Fogo de Chao restaurant is the perfect place for meat-lovers. You are given really big portions, so much so that sometimes there's no place for dessert. :) The service is outstanding, the food is [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Zilker Botanical GardenThe Zilker Botanical Garden is an amazing place in the city, it has also been called "the jewel in the heart of Austin" and with reason, it is not only peaceful but really beautiful. To get the best of the garden you should visit [...]D: 3.1mi00
- LBJ Library and MuseumThe first free Presidential museum, the LBJ Library and Museum is a popular destination for visitors who are interested in the life and work of the U.S.'s 36th President. A visit to the museum building itself is worth it, which has [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Barton Springs PoolTo escape the heat in the summer, a visit to the Barton Springs Pool is the best way to do it, especially if you would still like to be outdoors! :) The large pool is a favorite amongst the locals, baptism, swimming contest, beauty [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Uchi RestaurantThe greatest Japanese food-serving place in Austin is the Uchi Restaurant on South Lamar Boulevard with its sublime decor and professional staff. The Uchi restaurant has won several awards which can be seen on the walls and with reason too [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Austin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
Hanoi, Papua New Guinea
Vietnam shares its borders with Laos, Cambodia and China. It presents wonderful opportunities to discover it’s natural and wonder tourist...
General: How to choose a Vietnam luxury tour?
If you are at the Lake Saint Ana, it has a great Bell Vedere point, from it you can se the entire lake
General: Lake Saint Ana
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
It was a unique experience to visit an interactive museum, where you could attend workshops and experience for yourself the environment and...
History & Culture: Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
THis is the best place to live, work and vacation.
General: Fun in the Sun
Ninh Binh, Vietnam
Ninh Binh: Particularly Trang An within an hour distance from Hanoi near the southern margin of the Red river delta, the Trang An landscape complex...
General: Holiday to less traveled road in Vietnam