The Driskill, Austin, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Austin > The Driskill
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Built around 1880 in honor of a wealthy nobleman, Jesse Driskill, this hotel is a historical landmark, home to business venues, political conventions and music performances. It has a marvelous architecture and it is worth a look if only for the sake of some pictures. Highly recommending it!
604 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Austin
- Elisabet Ney MuseumInspired by beauty and using science in creating amazingly beautiful artwork, the Elisabet Ney Museum holds the artist's paintings and sculptures and puts them on display for visitors. Through her work people can look at beauty in a new [...]D: 5.4mi00
- LBJ Library and MuseumThe first free Presidential museum, the LBJ Library and Museum is a popular destination for visitors who are interested in the life and work of the U.S.'s 36th President. A visit to the museum building itself is worth it, which has [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Halina European Day Spa & SalonOne of a kind stress-alleviating experience is what you can get in the Halina European Day Spa and Salon, whether you're there for facials, manicure/pedicure, massage or hair care. The staff is informative, giving you details on [...]D: 6.7mi00
- The Oasis Restaurant in AustinWith the most beautiful view of Lake Travis, the Oasis Restaurant is a popular lunch and dinner destination for people staying and visiting Austin. However, not just the view is spectacular from the restaurant, their eclectic cuisine is [...]D: 13.6mi00
- Uchi RestaurantThe greatest Japanese food-serving place in Austin is the Uchi Restaurant on South Lamar Boulevard with its sublime decor and professional staff. The Uchi restaurant has won several awards which can be seen on the walls and with reason too [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Austin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
If you want to see Budapest from another view, I have an advice for you. Last summer I was with a ship from Budapest to Szentendre - it was awesome...
Sightseeing: Cruising from Budapest to Szentendre
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
With Persian cuisine as their specialty, Saffron's Restaurant is not only welcoming but once you've eaten there, it will remain with you...
Food: Saffron's Restaurant
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Rex Hotel Rooftop Beer Garden is a great place to go to if you want to see the city from the above. This place is a beer garden where they sell...
Night Life & Entertainment: Rex Hotel Rooftop Beer Garden