The Driskill, Austin, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Austin > The Driskill
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Built around 1880 in honor of a wealthy nobleman, Jesse Driskill, this hotel is a historical landmark, home to business venues, political conventions and music performances. It has a marvelous architecture and it is worth a look if only for the sake of some pictures. Highly recommending it!
604 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Austin
- Uchi RestaurantThe greatest Japanese food-serving place in Austin is the Uchi Restaurant on South Lamar Boulevard with its sublime decor and professional staff. The Uchi restaurant has won several awards which can be seen on the walls and with reason too [...]D: 2.1mi00
- LBJ Library and MuseumThe first free Presidential museum, the LBJ Library and Museum is a popular destination for visitors who are interested in the life and work of the U.S.'s 36th President. A visit to the museum building itself is worth it, which has [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Moonshine Restaurant in AustinIs small homey restaurant that serves dishes that remind you of old times or your grandma's Sunday meals. The Moonshine Restaurant is a heaven of simple, homey food served with delicious flavors. Their menus include seafood, steak and [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Halina European Day Spa & SalonOne of a kind stress-alleviating experience is what you can get in the Halina European Day Spa and Salon, whether you're there for facials, manicure/pedicure, massage or hair care. The staff is informative, giving you details on [...]D: 6.7mi00
- The Oasis Restaurant in AustinWith the most beautiful view of Lake Travis, the Oasis Restaurant is a popular lunch and dinner destination for people staying and visiting Austin. However, not just the view is spectacular from the restaurant, their eclectic cuisine is [...]D: 13.6mi00
Things about Austin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Tripoli - Sabrata - Nalut - Ghadames - Ghat - Acacus - Murzuk Sand Sea -Wadi Mathendoush - Germa - Ubari Sand Sea – Desert Lakes - Sabha -...
General: Detailed tour tip
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
Buffalo, New York
One of the masterpieces of Frank Lloyd Wright, the Darwin D. Martin House Complex is an amazing collection of buildings and outdoor areas built in...
Sightseeing: Darwin D. Martin House Complex
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
While in venice, make sure you walk a lot and watch people. Don't get stuck anywhere and buying stuff is not worth it. It is a cheap place but...
General: Walk a lot and watch people
If you want to go skiing for a day in Austria, use the city as a starting point to go to the different skiing areas.
General: Skiing for a day