The Driskill, Austin, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Austin > The Driskill
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Built around 1880 in honor of a wealthy nobleman, Jesse Driskill, this hotel is a historical landmark, home to business venues, political conventions and music performances. It has a marvelous architecture and it is worth a look if only for the sake of some pictures. Highly recommending it!
604 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Austin
- Halina European Day Spa & SalonOne of a kind stress-alleviating experience is what you can get in the Halina European Day Spa and Salon, whether you're there for facials, manicure/pedicure, massage or hair care. The staff is informative, giving you details on [...]D: 6.7mi00
- Moonshine Restaurant in AustinIs small homey restaurant that serves dishes that remind you of old times or your grandma's Sunday meals. The Moonshine Restaurant is a heaven of simple, homey food served with delicious flavors. Their menus include seafood, steak and [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Barton Springs PoolTo escape the heat in the summer, a visit to the Barton Springs Pool is the best way to do it, especially if you would still like to be outdoors! :) The large pool is a favorite amongst the locals, baptism, swimming contest, beauty [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Sixth StreetTo feel the entertaining Austin at its best, you have to visit Sixth Street, because that's where the fun begins at night. Full of shops, bars, clubs and restaurants, Sixth Street is artistic and entertainment center of the city. You [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Esther's FolliesThis comedy theater is one of the greatest I went to in Austin. Their performances are full of life and color and they make Esther's Follies a magical place to be. If you don't really have to get inside and sit through all their [...]D: 2.5mi00
Things about Austin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Ever heard of the best soccer team in the world? if you have that you might know that there team is located in Madrid, Spain. Stadium Santiago...
Sightseeing: Stadium Santiago Bernabeu
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
If you are at Amsterdam, a boattrip on the so called Grachten is must do. In Amsterdam the net of the Grachten, netherland for canals, is about 80...
Outdoors Activities: Roundtrip on the 'Grachten'
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
Port-of-spain, Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
This museum is incredible on so many levels. It has a wide range of instruments that are organized on a geographical scale, presenting the country...
History & Culture: The Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix
If you go to Innsbruck, train is the most comfortable way to get there. From the mainstation you can get everywhere by taxi.
General: How to get there comfortably