The Driskill, Austin, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Austin > The Driskill
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Built around 1880 in honor of a wealthy nobleman, Jesse Driskill, this hotel is a historical landmark, home to business venues, political conventions and music performances. It has a marvelous architecture and it is worth a look if only for the sake of some pictures. Highly recommending it!
604 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Austin
- Uchi RestaurantThe greatest Japanese food-serving place in Austin is the Uchi Restaurant on South Lamar Boulevard with its sublime decor and professional staff. The Uchi restaurant has won several awards which can be seen on the walls and with reason too [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Esther's FolliesThis comedy theater is one of the greatest I went to in Austin. Their performances are full of life and color and they make Esther's Follies a magical place to be. If you don't really have to get inside and sit through all their [...]D: 2.5mi00
- University of Texas in AustinHaving one of the most beautiful buildings as far as its architecture is concerned, the University of Texas at Austin is a place to visit, especially its campus. There are tours organized for parents and visitors, anyone who would like to [...]D: 4.1mi00
- Live Love Paddle ToursKayaking down the river, watching a bat colony and having fun is one of the most exciting ways to spend your day in Austin, whether you're a local or a visitor. Live-Love-Paddle Tours can offer you an amazing few hours where you can [...]D: 2.2mi10
- LBJ Library and MuseumThe first free Presidential museum, the LBJ Library and Museum is a popular destination for visitors who are interested in the life and work of the U.S.'s 36th President. A visit to the museum building itself is worth it, which has [...]D: 3.9mi00
Things about Austin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
This Museum is located inside the Al Fahid Fort and is one of the best places to experience some of the truly original Arabic artwork and more. The...
History & Culture: Dubai Museum
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
If you plan to visit the Colosseum in the tourist season, go there in the morning. That has got two reasons: 1. A lot of tourists gruops come...
History & Culture: The ancient Colosseum
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
I'm glad we took the time to take the tour in the Pabst Mansion. The only thing I regretted is that we weren't allowed to take pictures,...
Sightseeing: Pabst Mansion