LBJ Library and Museum, Austin, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Austin > LBJ Library and Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
A visit to the museum building itself is worth it, which has been built in a modern-like style, though finished around 1969. LBJ might be a bit romanticized through the exhibits, a visit is still something one should do, not only because there is no entrance fee but it is good to catch up on some historical facts or how those facts can be distorted or overreacted.
2313 Red River St, Austin, TX 78705, USA
Daily from 9am to 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Austin
- Barton Springs PoolTo escape the heat in the summer, a visit to the Barton Springs Pool is the best way to do it, especially if you would still like to be outdoors! :) The large pool is a favorite amongst the locals, baptism, swimming contest, beauty [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Texas State History MuseumTelling the story of this amazing state, the Texas State History Museum is a historical gem for the visitor. Detailed exhibits and varied collections await the curious eyes and minds of people. There are also free events held at the [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Fogo de Chao in AustinFeaturing Brazilian cuisine the Fogo de Chao restaurant is the perfect place for meat-lovers. You are given really big portions, so much so that sometimes there's no place for dessert. :) The service is outstanding, the food is [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Elisabet Ney MuseumInspired by beauty and using science in creating amazingly beautiful artwork, the Elisabet Ney Museum holds the artist's paintings and sculptures and puts them on display for visitors. Through her work people can look at beauty in a new [...]D: 5.4mi00
- Esther's FolliesThis comedy theater is one of the greatest I went to in Austin. Their performances are full of life and color and they make Esther's Follies a magical place to be. If you don't really have to get inside and sit through all their [...]D: 2.5mi00
Things about Austin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Schaffhausen, you should take a look at the well knwon Waterfalls of the River Rhein there. Also the surrounding nature is worth to...
Outdoors Activities: Waterfalls of the Rhein River
One great place to go for breakfast in Ravensburg is the new Babiole. It's located in the city center and most people know it by now. The place is...
The Alhambra is definitely a must see. It is the most beautiful of all Granada's great buildings and other Arabic memories. The Alhambra is...
History & Culture: The Alhambra
Brewery restaurant Teerenpeli is a great place for drink in Lahti. They brew their on beer and cider. Teerenpeli is also one of the...
Food: Teerenpeli - Best place for a pint
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
One of the finest place to see the remarkable collection of fabric spanning. It is a superb repository of fabrics based on colors, patterns,...
History & Culture: Calico Museum
Somalia is full of poverty and dangerous i recommend to choose another destination
General: Dont go
Hua Hin, Thailand
When staying at Hua Hin, you would be at times overwhelmed by its sheer beauty and all that it has to offer as a holiday getaway. It would serve...
General: When staying at Hua Hin
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
Saint Louis, Missouri
There are so many amenities and facilities that are located in the heart of Saint Louis, in Forest Park that a whole day would not be enough to see...
Outdoors Activities: Forest Park