Oakland Museum of California, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Oakland > Oakland Museum of California
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There is a wide variety of collections of artistic exhibitions that you can look at and also some interactive exhibits that are fun and entertaining for kids too. I truly great place to visit in Oakland.
1000 Oak St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
Kids: $6, adults: $12
Wed-Sun: 11am-5pm (till 9pm on Fri)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Oakland
- USS PotomacA real piece of history from the 20th century which has been restored and is as new as ever. Also known as the 'Floating White House', the USS Potomac has been the favorite of President Roosevelt. And today, the tours and cruises [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Preservation ParkPerfect for meetings, weddings or other events, or just a stroll, Preservation Park is one of the areas which has to be visited while in Oakland. Located at East Bay, and quite close to San Francisco, no to mention Oakland's city [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Bakesale BettyThough not considered a restaurant, Bakesale Betty has still the best cookies in town. There is always quite a line in front of the bakery and people not only come for the cookies but also for the house's other specialty, the fried [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Paramount TheatreFor quite a reasonable price you can take a two hour of the Paramount Theater in Oakland on Broadway street. If you are lucky and catch the 1st or the 3rd Saturday of the month than you go on a tour of this amazing, historical building. [...]D: 1mi00
- Somar Bar and LoungeOpen in the evenings, Somar Bar and Lounge is a great place to have fun or to relax after a more busy, tiring day. You can meet so many people in the bar, unwind and have a great evening, not worrying about anything. The service is good, [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Oakland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go there by car, leave it on one of the parking lots connected to public transports, because the inner city is heavily traffic crowded.
General: Use park and ride spots
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Varanasi Varanasi is an ancient city with decadent scene of numerous temples, vibrant markets, sadhus in clad of saffron, and riverside ghats. Try...
Family & Fun: Some amazing cities & destinations in republic of India
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
Cathedral Basilica and Bell Tower Once upon a time there was a King named Mindaugas who lived in what’s today Vilnius. The king was born a...
After we ate at the Snow City Cafe one morning, we went there almost every day for breakfast. The food is so delicious you just have to return the...
Food: Snow City Cafe
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza