Chabot Space & Science Center, Oakland, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Oakland > Chabot Space & Science Center
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The planetarium exhibit is maybe their greatest asset, and the Observatory. I've never seen starts like that and so close. Just amazing. I think this place is great and would recommend a visit there to everyone.
10000 Skyline Blvd, Oakland, CA 94611, USA
$14.95 for adults, $10.95 for kids.
Wed-Sun: 10am-5pm (Fri/Sat: until 10pm)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Oakland
- Flora RestaurantAn eclectic and modern restaurant which serves excellent food, and holds an atmosphere that invites you back. Flora Restaurant is one of my favorites in Oakland. They use fresh, organic ingredients so the food they make tastes always really [...]D: 0.9mi00
- USS PotomacA real piece of history from the 20th century which has been restored and is as new as ever. Also known as the 'Floating White House', the USS Potomac has been the favorite of President Roosevelt. And today, the tours and cruises [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Bakesale BettyThough not considered a restaurant, Bakesale Betty has still the best cookies in town. There is always quite a line in front of the bakery and people not only come for the cookies but also for the house's other specialty, the fried [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Oakland ZooWith interesting and hands-on exhibitions not to mention feeding and petting areas, the Oakland Zoo is a fun and great place for kids and friend groups to spend an afternoon with animals. Like many zoos, this one has great animals to see, [...]D: 7.4mi00
- FairylandAn entertainment park which is mostly directed at child visitors, Fairyland is like Wonderland from Alice's dream. A wide variety of attractions ranging from Storybook Boxes to Puppet Theaters and Animals Centers, the park is the [...]D: 1.5mi00
Things about Oakland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
If you want to enjoy a beer within a quaint atmosphere, you should go to the Schinderhannes. This bar has got also a beer garden, that´s nice in...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Schinderhannes
If you want to reach other cities from there, go to the main bus station in the city center, directly adjacent to the harbour.
Public Transportation: Reaching other cities from Gythion
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
Buffalo, New York
Though it may not be a big museum, the Buffalo Museum of Science is still an interactive facility worth visiting. Children of all ages can find...
Family & Fun: Buffalo Museum of Science
It was the best place we've dined since our stay in Jacksonville. The staff in the Restaurant Orsay is great, always at your side but not...
Food: Restaurant Orsay in Jacksonville