Chabot Space & Science Center, Oakland, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Oakland > Chabot Space & Science Center
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
The planetarium exhibit is maybe their greatest asset, and the Observatory. I've never seen starts like that and so close. Just amazing. I think this place is great and would recommend a visit there to everyone.
10000 Skyline Blvd, Oakland, CA 94611, USA
$14.95 for adults, $10.95 for kids.
Wed-Sun: 10am-5pm (Fri/Sat: until 10pm)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Oakland
- Flora RestaurantAn eclectic and modern restaurant which serves excellent food, and holds an atmosphere that invites you back. Flora Restaurant is one of my favorites in Oakland. They use fresh, organic ingredients so the food they make tastes always really [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Katrina RozelleA cake heaven, I have to admit. The place marvels with unique taste and finery, attention to detail. The Katrina Rozelle pastry and desserts shop is the place where you find the wedding/birthday/any celebration cake of your life. And they [...]D: 3.8mi00
- USS PotomacA real piece of history from the 20th century which has been restored and is as new as ever. Also known as the 'Floating White House', the USS Potomac has been the favorite of President Roosevelt. And today, the tours and cruises [...]D: 0.2mi00
- The Cathedral of Christ the LightWhen you think of cathedrals images of beautiful, baroque or Renaissance buildings come into your mind, like the dome of Notre Dame. The Cathedral of Christ the Light, however is exactly the opposite. A true architectural wonder, the [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Somar Bar and LoungeOpen in the evenings, Somar Bar and Lounge is a great place to have fun or to relax after a more busy, tiring day. You can meet so many people in the bar, unwind and have a great evening, not worrying about anything. The service is good, [...]D: 0.8mi00
Things about Oakland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
Muckross Estate is something you must see if you are in Killarney, although it is out of the city, some 2-3 miles from the city center. Take a tour...
History & Culture: Muckross Estate
It is a world of its own! The west of India has its unique culture, history, people and places of interest that should be explored! There are so...
Family & Fun: Tourist Places in Gujarat
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
New Orleans, Louisiana
The oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture...
History & Culture: Old Ursulines Convent
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz
Hong Kong, China
Repulse Bay is THE beach to go to when you visit Hong Kong. It is one of the most sought beaches of Hong Kong Island, in the southern part of the...
Beaches : Repulse Bay of Hong Kong