Lake Merritt, Oakland, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > Oakland > Lake Merritt
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
It is worth your time to go down to the lake and do something for fun or just have a really relaxing leisure afternoon.
568 Bellevue Ave, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Oakland
- Preservation ParkPerfect for meetings, weddings or other events, or just a stroll, Preservation Park is one of the areas which has to be visited while in Oakland. Located at East Bay, and quite close to San Francisco, no to mention Oakland's city [...]D: 0.5mi00
- USS PotomacA real piece of history from the 20th century which has been restored and is as new as ever. Also known as the 'Floating White House', the USS Potomac has been the favorite of President Roosevelt. And today, the tours and cruises [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Paramount TheatreFor quite a reasonable price you can take a two hour of the Paramount Theater in Oakland on Broadway street. If you are lucky and catch the 1st or the 3rd Saturday of the month than you go on a tour of this amazing, historical building. [...]D: 1mi00
- Dopo RestaurantA truly Italian cuisine and friendly atmosphere makes the Dopo Restaurant a relaxing and enjoyable place to dine. The service there is excellent, not to mention the attention they provide once you enter their restaurant. The food is [...]D: 2.7mi00
- FairylandAn entertainment park which is mostly directed at child visitors, Fairyland is like Wonderland from Alice's dream. A wide variety of attractions ranging from Storybook Boxes to Puppet Theaters and Animals Centers, the park is the [...]D: 1.5mi00
Things about Oakland you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
One of the world's largest squares, the Plaza de la Revolucion is not so grand at first sight, being an enormous concrete place with no shade at...
History & Culture: Plaza de la Revolucion in Havana
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Dont forget to view this great religious place atop a hill. For tips on travel in mysore visit mysorehub.com
General: Chamundi Hills
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
Charleston, West Virginia
Houston freeways are great. Just pop into downtown have fun and your back to your own bed in notime.
General: Outside of Houston, Tx
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
Hong Kong, China
When visiting Hong Kong, one of the main places to go is Victoria Peak on Hong Kong Island. Being Hong Kong’s highest point, the view from the...
Outdoors Activities: Victoria Peak on Hong Kong Island