San Diego Travel Tips, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these San Diego travel tip categories:
- General (4)
- History & Culture (5)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Family & Fun (2)
- Outdoors Activities (7)
- Food (3)
- Sightseeing (1)
- Shopping (4)
Browse San Diego travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' San Diego travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for San Diego or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these San Diego travel tips.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- Cucina UrbanaIs one of the greatest place to dine. Cucina Urbana was opened not long ago, but it's very popular and I can understand why. I loved the floral table clothes and the nice waiters. Besides, I didn't find anything in the menu that would [...]D: n/a00
- The WaterfrontThe Waterfront is one of the oldest bars in San Diego. It was the main place of the Italian workers who lived in the area and were fishermen. They built an apartment house around it but did not demolish the bar. The bar was restored, [...]D: 3.3mi00
- San Diego by TrolleyWe couldn't have chosen a better way to get around in San Francisco and see a lot of the attractions. The trolleys very easy to figure out. There are three lines marked with different colors (orange, blue and green) and you only have to [...]D: n/a00
- Maritime MuseumMaritime Museum was totally cool. It is basically a collection of six ships, some restored, some replicas and the exhibitions within the ships. You can learn a lot about maritime history, get to know how ships worked and get the [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Seaport VillageSeaport Village is one of the greatest places in San Diego. It located in San Diego Harbor and is very nice. It has got some kind of a rustic seaport town feeling, and it is very pleasant. There are lots of shops and all kinds of [...]D: n/a00
- Mission San Luis ReyMission San Luis Rey is the oldest mission in California. It was founded by Franciscan friars in 1794 to convert the local natives to the catholic religion. Now it can be visited by the public. The rooms, cells and halls were preserved [...]D: n/a00
- Whale watching in San DiegoGrey mammals migrate from the south to the Arctic waters. San Diego happens to be an important station of their way. Female whales give birth to their babies in Baja California, near the city. Approximately 26, 000 whales make this [...]D: n/a00
- La Jolla BayOnly 12 miles south of San Diego, La Jolla is simply spectacular. I never thought such places existed, some parts of the shore were like a screen saver from my computer. The whole coastline is perfect, i could walk there for a week and [...]D: n/a00
- New Children's MuseumNew Children's Museum is a great project. It was opened in 2008 and has got a lot of programs for kids. The whole place was constructed of recycled materials and is very environmentally friendly. There are tunnels that lead to a place [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Cabrillo National Monument Point LomaThe Monument is located on the tip of the Point Loma peninsula. It was named after the Portuguese explorer who, from there discovered California. The view from here is astonishing, the whole downtown of San Diego and Colorado Island are [...]D: n/a00
- Gas Lamp QuarterIt is the greatest club district in the city. There are a lot of very good restaurants and nice shops as well. All the clubs have either DJs or live music. You are not supposed to wear jeans or sandals, wear more decent clothes, a dress [...]D: n/a00
- Wild Animal ParkThis park is connected with the San Diego Zoo, but it's 31 miles to the south from it. The Wild Animal Park was created to help protect endangered species. It is almost incredible, but they carved out large areas from the dry rocks to [...]D: n/a00
- Spanish Village Art CenterThe Art Center is located in Balboa park, it is a center of many galleries and studios. When we were there, the artist were very nice and happy to answer all our questions about their works. The whole place is really built like a small [...]D: n/a00
- Legoland in San DiegoLegoland is an amusement park and is fun if you go with kids... or if you feel like you are a kid in the inside. Almost everything is made of big legos from the entrance to the end. You should bring clothes to change, because you will [...]D: n/a10
- Budget travel in San DiegoSan Diego is pretty, but isn't very cheap. Here are a few things that might help saving money. You should buy some food in supermarkets and then pack your own food for the day so you will not have to buy food from fast foods and [...]D: n/a00
- Balboa ParkThe large and pleasant Balboa Park is located in the heart of the city. The park gives home to the famous san Diego Zoo and not less than 13 museums. Not all of the museums are very good, but the Museum of Man and the Natural History [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Sea WorldSea World is a must see when you are in San Diego. This is not like some of the amusement parks where you really won't be too happy as an adult. This is for the whole family. They have amazing shows (i.e. dolphins or killer whale - Shamu). [...]D: 3.3mi00
- San Diego ZooThe huge area of the San Diego Zoo offers children and adults a huge variety of animals. There are frogs and salamanders, eagles, condors and flamingos, bears, antelope and many many more. I think the nicest attraction are the polar bears [...]D: 4.6mi00
- The Mormon TempleThe construction of the Mormon Temple of San Diego was led by the architect William S. Lewis II. and Kenneth Möller, their inspiration came from the Mormon temples in Salt Lake City and Washington DC. The white building is an excellent [...]D: 10.5mi00
- Black's BeachBlack's Beach got its name from the partially black-colored sand, which distinguishes this beach from most other beaches in Southern California. Black beach is north of downtown San Diego, located in the suburb of La Jolla and is regarded [...]D: 12.2mi10
- Bazaar del MundoBazaar Del Mundo shops offer a great selection of Latin American jewelery and art work. This is the right place for you if you are looking for real South American handcrafted works. Besides artwork, jewelry, and fantastic Mexican food, [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Las Americas Premium OutletsLas Americas Premium Outlets is the largest mall in the area of San Diego. With its statues and fountains it really creates a beautiful atmosphere and could even be considered nicest architectural Outlet Center in the region. There are a [...]D: 15.9mi00
- The Old Town EsplanadeThe Old Town Esplanade is situated right in the heart of historic Old Town. There are a variety of shops, galleries and the Coyote Cafe, which offer excellent Mexican food and Mariachi music. [...]D: 3.2mi00
- The San Diego Trading CompanyThe San Diego Trading Company, offers every imaginable souvenir like hats, caps, sweatshirts or memorabilia of the San Diego Padres and San Diego Chargers. This is basically get all the presents before you go back home. [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Turf Supper ClubTurf Supper Club in San Diego is a retro jazz bar in the middle of Golden Hill, with cheap and strong cocktails. Musicians are playing the piano as well as they can and whatever the musicians don't know how to play, the jukebox an extensive [...]D: 5mi00
- Gaslamp QuarterThe Gaslamp Quarter is San Diego's first choice for dining, shopping and entertainment. There are many things to discover in the areas of food, fun and culture. The gaslamp quarter is also one of the most historic areas of San Diego. If [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Bali Hai RestaurantBali Hai Restaurant boasts a fantastic view over the harbor and the skyline of San Diego. The restaurant offers a variety of foods from Hawaii in a wonderful tropical ambiance. There is a wonderful boat dock in the back of the [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Red FoxAn insider tip for San Diego is the Red Fox, which is a steakhouse with a piano lounge. The special thing about it is that you can actually get up play the piano and sing. There are also some old men singing and accompanying you on their [...]D: 5.7mi00
- When to visitThroughout the year, visitors to San Diego can expect a mild and sunny climate. It's especially recommended to visit San Diego in the summer when temperatures around 77° Fahrenheit (25° C) can be expected and the umbrella can be left at [...]D: 4mi00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
Recent San Diego flights found by Travelgrove users
- $197 Spirit Airlines
travelgrove.com check price
From To Departure Time Oakland, CA (OAK) San Diego, CA (SAN) 05/28/2016 01:10 pm San Diego, CA (SAN) Oakland, CA (OAK) 06/04/2016 03:25 pm
- $246 Spirit Airlines
travelgrove.com check price
From To Departure Time Fort Worth/Dallas, TX (DFW) San Diego, CA (SAN) 07/21/2016 08:40 am San Diego, CA (SAN) Fort Worth/Dallas, TX (DFW) 07/25/2016 05:20 pm
- $246 United Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time San Francisco, CA (SFO) San Diego, CA (SAN) 11/10/2016 06:00 pm San Diego, CA (SAN) San Francisco, CA (SFO) 11/13/2016 10:05 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
The Gravediggers is one of the greatest pubs in the world. The place got it's name from the gravediggers who often attended the pub after a long...
Night Life & Entertainment: The Gravediggers
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
Crinul Alb (White Lily) restaurant is located right on the bank of the Crisul River. The view from the large windows onto the green riverbank is...
Food: Crinul Alb Restaurant
The Chinatown o Singapore is a genuine paradise for foodies, especially since you can find Chinese cuisine in its pure form, as well as restaurants...
Food: Yum Cha Restaurant
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The glaciers at Hintertux offers you a wide variety of ski runs, for every state of skill. ...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing