Gas Lamp Quarter, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Gas Lamp Quarter
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
All the clubs have either DJs or live music. You are not supposed to wear jeans or sandals, wear more decent clothes, a dress and shirt for men. Though, you will see that some ladies are likely to wear their shortest dress and highest heels. :P
I liked the live music at Croce's, but I made the mistake to stay too long in one place. There are over 100 bars and restaurants in the district, so don't be stuck in one place.
Eight blocks from Broadway to Harbor Drive.
Various prices, a little expensive.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- Gaslamp QuarterThe Gaslamp Quarter is San Diego's first choice for dining, shopping and entertainment. There are many things to discover in the areas of food, fun and culture. The gaslamp quarter is also one of the most historic areas of San Diego. If [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Whale watching in San DiegoGrey mammals migrate from the south to the Arctic waters. San Diego happens to be an important station of their way. Female whales give birth to their babies in Baja California, near the city. Approximately 26, 000 whales make this [...]D: n/a00
- Budget travel in San DiegoSan Diego is pretty, but isn't very cheap. Here are a few things that might help saving money. You should buy some food in supermarkets and then pack your own food for the day so you will not have to buy food from fast foods and [...]D: n/a00
- The WaterfrontThe Waterfront is one of the oldest bars in San Diego. It was the main place of the Italian workers who lived in the area and were fishermen. They built an apartment house around it but did not demolish the bar. The bar was restored, [...]D: 3.3mi00
- New Children's MuseumNew Children's Museum is a great project. It was opened in 2008 and has got a lot of programs for kids. The whole place was constructed of recycled materials and is very environmentally friendly. There are tunnels that lead to a place [...]D: 3.6mi00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When going to this place make sure you stay at a 4star,you will enjoy your holiday better.
The Finnish have a knack for coming up with original ideas, even when it comes to something as traditional as churches. The Church in the Rock...
Sightseeing: The Church in the Rock
Visiting Helsinki Finland this summer.Lucky you A great tip to explore and view the City of Helsinki is on the city trams.Number 3B & 3T travel in...
Public Transportation: Helsinki By Street Tram
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary is on the way from Mysore to Sultan Bathery. It is spread over 344 square kms. and is about 16 km east of Sultan...
Outdoors Activities: Muthanga wild life sanctuary
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
You wouldn't think that a small town like Bakersfield holds such a treasure like the Bakersfield Museum of Art whose main aim is to increase...
History & Culture: Bakersfield Museum of Art
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
Right across the Mission Inn hotel and museum, Mario's Place is the dining place for comfort seeking individuals who would like to spend a few...
Food: Mario's Place