Gas Lamp Quarter, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Gas Lamp Quarter
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
All the clubs have either DJs or live music. You are not supposed to wear jeans or sandals, wear more decent clothes, a dress and shirt for men. Though, you will see that some ladies are likely to wear their shortest dress and highest heels. :P
I liked the live music at Croce's, but I made the mistake to stay too long in one place. There are over 100 bars and restaurants in the district, so don't be stuck in one place.
Eight blocks from Broadway to Harbor Drive.
Various prices, a little expensive.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- Sea WorldSea World is a must see when you are in San Diego. This is not like some of the amusement parks where you really won't be too happy as an adult. This is for the whole family. They have amazing shows (i.e. dolphins or killer whale - Shamu). [...]D: 3.3mi00
- New Children's MuseumNew Children's Museum is a great project. It was opened in 2008 and has got a lot of programs for kids. The whole place was constructed of recycled materials and is very environmentally friendly. There are tunnels that lead to a place [...]D: 3.6mi00
- The San Diego Trading CompanyThe San Diego Trading Company, offers every imaginable souvenir like hats, caps, sweatshirts or memorabilia of the San Diego Padres and San Diego Chargers. This is basically get all the presents before you go back home. [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Bazaar del MundoBazaar Del Mundo shops offer a great selection of Latin American jewelery and art work. This is the right place for you if you are looking for real South American handcrafted works. Besides artwork, jewelry, and fantastic Mexican food, [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Turf Supper ClubTurf Supper Club in San Diego is a retro jazz bar in the middle of Golden Hill, with cheap and strong cocktails. Musicians are playing the piano as well as they can and whatever the musicians don't know how to play, the jukebox an extensive [...]D: 5mi00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Canadian Museum of Civilization is located on the northern part of the Ottawa river. There are plenty of great exhibitions, both temporary and...
History & Culture: Canadian Museum of Civilisation
If you go there by car, leave it on one of the parking lots connected to public transports, because the inner city is heavily traffic crowded.
General: Use park and ride spots
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
A felicity small world of true Italian cuisine and atmosphere, the Piccolo Mondo is not only elegant in its design but also remarkable in its...
Food: Piccolo Mondo