Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The view from here is astonishing, the whole downtown of San Diego and Colorado Island are the most beautiful from up here.
There is a old style lighthouse - I love that stuff - the Old Loma Point Lighthouse. It was built in 1854 and now it's open for the public as a museum. There is also a smaller gift shop and theater next to the lighthouse.
Sights are nice here, but the best thing about Point Loma is the view!
Parking is $5 per day.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- New Children's MuseumNew Children's Museum is a great project. It was opened in 2008 and has got a lot of programs for kids. The whole place was constructed of recycled materials and is very environmentally friendly. There are tunnels that lead to a place [...]D: 3.6mi00
- The WaterfrontThe Waterfront is one of the oldest bars in San Diego. It was the main place of the Italian workers who lived in the area and were fishermen. They built an apartment house around it but did not demolish the bar. The bar was restored, [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Maritime MuseumMaritime Museum was totally cool. It is basically a collection of six ships, some restored, some replicas and the exhibitions within the ships. You can learn a lot about maritime history, get to know how ships worked and get the [...]D: 3.1mi00
- Bali Hai RestaurantBali Hai Restaurant boasts a fantastic view over the harbor and the skyline of San Diego. The restaurant offers a variety of foods from Hawaii in a wonderful tropical ambiance. There is a wonderful boat dock in the back of the [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Black's BeachBlack's Beach got its name from the partially black-colored sand, which distinguishes this beach from most other beaches in Southern California. Black beach is north of downtown San Diego, located in the suburb of La Jolla and is regarded [...]D: 12.2mi10
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Uhldingen-muhlhofen travel tips - Germany
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
Weingarten travel tips - Germany
This small museum is worth a look, if you are in the city center of Weingarten. It contains the history of the Alamannen, a tribe living in that...
History & Culture: The Alamannen museum
Roussillon travel tips - France
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
Bol travel tips - Croatia
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
Viareggio travel tips - Italy
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
Cusco travel tips - Peru
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
Poltava travel tips - Ukraine
Hi, so there is a river that goes right near the city of Poltava, Ukraine. Our summers are really, really hot, so many people get out of the city....
Beaches : Things to do in Poltava in summer
Atlanta travel tips - Georgia
Buckhead is the ultimate 50's dining experience, what with the diner's retro style and elegance, and the interesting- but all-American...
Food: Buckhead Diner in Atlanta
Kissimmee travel tips - Florida
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
New Orleans travel tips - Louisiana
St. Louis is the oldest functioning cathedral in the US, but it doesn't look much like it used to in the 18th century, when it was built. It is...
Sightseeing: St. Louis Cathedral