Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The view from here is astonishing, the whole downtown of San Diego and Colorado Island are the most beautiful from up here.
There is a old style lighthouse - I love that stuff - the Old Loma Point Lighthouse. It was built in 1854 and now it's open for the public as a museum. There is also a smaller gift shop and theater next to the lighthouse.
Sights are nice here, but the best thing about Point Loma is the view!
Parking is $5 per day.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- San Diego ZooThe huge area of the San Diego Zoo offers children and adults a huge variety of animals. There are frogs and salamanders, eagles, condors and flamingos, bears, antelope and many many more. I think the nicest attraction are the polar bears [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Bali Hai RestaurantBali Hai Restaurant boasts a fantastic view over the harbor and the skyline of San Diego. The restaurant offers a variety of foods from Hawaii in a wonderful tropical ambiance. There is a wonderful boat dock in the back of the [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Budget travel in San DiegoSan Diego is pretty, but isn't very cheap. Here are a few things that might help saving money. You should buy some food in supermarkets and then pack your own food for the day so you will not have to buy food from fast foods and [...]D: n/a00
- The Mormon TempleThe construction of the Mormon Temple of San Diego was led by the architect William S. Lewis II. and Kenneth Möller, their inspiration came from the Mormon temples in Salt Lake City and Washington DC. The white building is an excellent [...]D: 10.5mi00
- Mission San Luis ReyMission San Luis Rey is the oldest mission in California. It was founded by Franciscan friars in 1794 to convert the local natives to the catholic religion. Now it can be visited by the public. The rooms, cells and halls were preserved [...]D: n/a00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
The upper Mustang is dominated by an endless expanse of yellow and grey rolling hills made smooth by the wind. We traverse this lonely landscape on...
Outdoors Activities: Mustang Horse Riding Adventure
The heart of Aurora is packed with restaurants, bars, shops and malls. You can get some souvenirs for your loved ones who stayed home, or just some...
Shopping: Aurora City Place
It's a great little place in the Boston Center of Arts. There is live music all the time, you can here some of your favorite soundtracks and great...
Night Life & Entertainment: Beehive at the BCA
We wen to learn some dancing in the Sons of Herman Hall and it ended up to be one the greatest nights of our stay in Dallas. The 'teachers'...
Night Life & Entertainment: Sons of Hermann Hall
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets