Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The view from here is astonishing, the whole downtown of San Diego and Colorado Island are the most beautiful from up here.
There is a old style lighthouse - I love that stuff - the Old Loma Point Lighthouse. It was built in 1854 and now it's open for the public as a museum. There is also a smaller gift shop and theater next to the lighthouse.
Sights are nice here, but the best thing about Point Loma is the view!
Parking is $5 per day.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- Balboa ParkThe large and pleasant Balboa Park is located in the heart of the city. The park gives home to the famous san Diego Zoo and not less than 13 museums. Not all of the museums are very good, but the Museum of Man and the Natural History [...]D: 4.6mi00
- New Children's MuseumNew Children's Museum is a great project. It was opened in 2008 and has got a lot of programs for kids. The whole place was constructed of recycled materials and is very environmentally friendly. There are tunnels that lead to a place [...]D: 3.6mi00
- La Jolla BayOnly 12 miles south of San Diego, La Jolla is simply spectacular. I never thought such places existed, some parts of the shore were like a screen saver from my computer. The whole coastline is perfect, i could walk there for a week and [...]D: n/a00
- Wild Animal ParkThis park is connected with the San Diego Zoo, but it's 31 miles to the south from it. The Wild Animal Park was created to help protect endangered species. It is almost incredible, but they carved out large areas from the dry rocks to [...]D: n/a00
- The Mormon TempleThe construction of the Mormon Temple of San Diego was led by the architect William S. Lewis II. and Kenneth Möller, their inspiration came from the Mormon temples in Salt Lake City and Washington DC. The white building is an excellent [...]D: 10.5mi00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Le Jardin is a great French restaurant located in the Byward Village area. The location is elegant and pleasant, it's in an old house. The food...
Food: Le Jardin in Ottawa
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
It's the most beautiful local that i have seen in Rimini. you can eat, drink, dance, listen live music,....
Night Life & Entertainment: Restaurant Pizzeria Discopub BOUNTY
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
The best time to of the year for booking a Myanmar tours specially for an Irrawaddy cruise holiday would be during the cool and dry season when the...
Outdoors Activities: Best Time for Irrawaddy Cruise experience
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Maybe one of the most famous avenues in America (being constructed for the first time in 1870), the Atlantic City Boardwalk is both a relaxing and...
Sightseeing: Atlantic City Boardwalk
A beautiful mansion with a big historical and architectural significance, the Meux Home Museum is a must for visitors to Fresno. The house looks...
Family & Fun: Meux Home Museum