Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The view from here is astonishing, the whole downtown of San Diego and Colorado Island are the most beautiful from up here.
There is a old style lighthouse - I love that stuff - the Old Loma Point Lighthouse. It was built in 1854 and now it's open for the public as a museum. There is also a smaller gift shop and theater next to the lighthouse.
Sights are nice here, but the best thing about Point Loma is the view!
Parking is $5 per day.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- Mission San Luis ReyMission San Luis Rey is the oldest mission in California. It was founded by Franciscan friars in 1794 to convert the local natives to the catholic religion. Now it can be visited by the public. The rooms, cells and halls were preserved [...]D: n/a00
- Maritime MuseumMaritime Museum was totally cool. It is basically a collection of six ships, some restored, some replicas and the exhibitions within the ships. You can learn a lot about maritime history, get to know how ships worked and get the [...]D: 3.1mi00
- La Jolla BayOnly 12 miles south of San Diego, La Jolla is simply spectacular. I never thought such places existed, some parts of the shore were like a screen saver from my computer. The whole coastline is perfect, i could walk there for a week and [...]D: n/a00
- Whale watching in San DiegoGrey mammals migrate from the south to the Arctic waters. San Diego happens to be an important station of their way. Female whales give birth to their babies in Baja California, near the city. Approximately 26, 000 whales make this [...]D: n/a00
- Gas Lamp QuarterIt is the greatest club district in the city. There are a lot of very good restaurants and nice shops as well. All the clubs have either DJs or live music. You are not supposed to wear jeans or sandals, wear more decent clothes, a dress [...]D: n/a00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go...
Sightseeing: Roman building remnants
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
If you are Arieseni, I recommend, whether it be summer or winter, a walk to the hole Ruginoasa is very spectacular, constantly expanding, ground...
Outdoors Activities: Trekking in Arieseni
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Including beer, snacks and transportation, the Denver Brewery Buzz was a fun, entertaining and informative tour and we had an amazing time...
Sightseeing: Denver Brewery Buzz
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The first thing we did when we entered the Gardens was to go and see the flamingos, because we've never seen these animals before (only on TV),...
Family & Fun: The Flamingo Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
Toledo has some really fine European cuisine based restaurants, and the maybe the most notable from them, in my opinion, is Sebastiano's...
Food: Sebastiano's Restaurant
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature