Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The view from here is astonishing, the whole downtown of San Diego and Colorado Island are the most beautiful from up here.
There is a old style lighthouse - I love that stuff - the Old Loma Point Lighthouse. It was built in 1854 and now it's open for the public as a museum. There is also a smaller gift shop and theater next to the lighthouse.
Sights are nice here, but the best thing about Point Loma is the view!
Parking is $5 per day.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- Mission San Luis ReyMission San Luis Rey is the oldest mission in California. It was founded by Franciscan friars in 1794 to convert the local natives to the catholic religion. Now it can be visited by the public. The rooms, cells and halls were preserved [...]D: n/a00
- Gaslamp QuarterThe Gaslamp Quarter is San Diego's first choice for dining, shopping and entertainment. There are many things to discover in the areas of food, fun and culture. The gaslamp quarter is also one of the most historic areas of San Diego. If [...]D: 3.9mi00
- Whale watching in San DiegoGrey mammals migrate from the south to the Arctic waters. San Diego happens to be an important station of their way. Female whales give birth to their babies in Baja California, near the city. Approximately 26, 000 whales make this [...]D: n/a00
- Bazaar del MundoBazaar Del Mundo shops offer a great selection of Latin American jewelery and art work. This is the right place for you if you are looking for real South American handcrafted works. Besides artwork, jewelry, and fantastic Mexican food, [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Seaport VillageSeaport Village is one of the greatest places in San Diego. It located in San Diego Harbor and is very nice. It has got some kind of a rustic seaport town feeling, and it is very pleasant. There are lots of shops and all kinds of [...]D: n/a00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Salzburg, there´s not only the fact interesting that Mozart was born there. Also the medieval castle Hohensalzburg, built in 1077,...
History & Culture: Castle Hohensalzburg
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was never really into seafood, so when my friends took me to Joe Forte's I was a bit skeptical about the delicatessen that they offered. As we...
Food: Joe Forte's, seafood in Vancouver
However, if you can, avoid Frankfurt and go to Munich. :)
General: Avoid it and go to Munich
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
Blackpool, United Kingdom
If there is a daredevil inside of you, or you are looking for an ideal place to spend a lazy afternoon with the family, head on down to Pleasure...
General: Pleasure Beach Theme Park, Blackpool, United Kingdom
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios ( www.ocho-rios-jamaica.com ) has some of the most diverse tourist attractions. You have Dunns River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Blue Hole (this...
General: Ocho Rios Attractions
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
This is something you really shouldn't miss. This open air museum is only 2 km from the city and is huge. There are houses exposed, original...
Outdoors Activities: Museum of Traditional Folk Civilisation
Albuquerque, New Mexico
With a style that goes classical, more 70s than modern, the 66 Diner serves really tasty food for anyone who enters their locale with an empty...
Food: 66 Diner in Albuquerque
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park