Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The view from here is astonishing, the whole downtown of San Diego and Colorado Island are the most beautiful from up here.
There is a old style lighthouse - I love that stuff - the Old Loma Point Lighthouse. It was built in 1854 and now it's open for the public as a museum. There is also a smaller gift shop and theater next to the lighthouse.
Sights are nice here, but the best thing about Point Loma is the view!
Parking is $5 per day.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- Bali Hai RestaurantBali Hai Restaurant boasts a fantastic view over the harbor and the skyline of San Diego. The restaurant offers a variety of foods from Hawaii in a wonderful tropical ambiance. There is a wonderful boat dock in the back of the [...]D: 0.5mi00
- San Diego ZooThe huge area of the San Diego Zoo offers children and adults a huge variety of animals. There are frogs and salamanders, eagles, condors and flamingos, bears, antelope and many many more. I think the nicest attraction are the polar bears [...]D: 4.6mi00
- The Old Town EsplanadeThe Old Town Esplanade is situated right in the heart of historic Old Town. There are a variety of shops, galleries and the Coyote Cafe, which offer excellent Mexican food and Mariachi music. [...]D: 3.2mi00
- The San Diego Trading CompanyThe San Diego Trading Company, offers every imaginable souvenir like hats, caps, sweatshirts or memorabilia of the San Diego Padres and San Diego Chargers. This is basically get all the presents before you go back home. [...]D: 3.7mi00
- La Jolla BayOnly 12 miles south of San Diego, La Jolla is simply spectacular. I never thought such places existed, some parts of the shore were like a screen saver from my computer. The whole coastline is perfect, i could walk there for a week and [...]D: n/a00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
You cannot miss this place. The Bund is the waterfront zone of the Western City (Pu Xi)and it is amazing, especially by night. You can see from...
Sightseeing: The Bund of Shanghai
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Alba Iulia, Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress
Komala villas is a great place to try North and south Indian food in Singapore. The food here can either be ordered in a set meal or al carte...
Food: Komala Vilas Indian Restaurant
Fort Worth, Texas
A very informative and really interesting tour about money, money-printing and currency in the US. The Bureau of Engraving has another location...
History & Culture: Bureau of Engraving
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yeah right... not much history in Las Vegas. But then if you are looking at Vegas history, the only place really is old town Las Vegas. It's not...
History & Culture: History in Vegas?
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The Notre- Dame cathedral is a very famous architecture in Ho Chi Minh City. This cathedral is known to be made of materials that were only...
Sightseeing: Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral