Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The view from here is astonishing, the whole downtown of San Diego and Colorado Island are the most beautiful from up here.
There is a old style lighthouse - I love that stuff - the Old Loma Point Lighthouse. It was built in 1854 and now it's open for the public as a museum. There is also a smaller gift shop and theater next to the lighthouse.
Sights are nice here, but the best thing about Point Loma is the view!
Parking is $5 per day.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- New Children's MuseumNew Children's Museum is a great project. It was opened in 2008 and has got a lot of programs for kids. The whole place was constructed of recycled materials and is very environmentally friendly. There are tunnels that lead to a place [...]D: 3.6mi00
- The San Diego Trading CompanyThe San Diego Trading Company, offers every imaginable souvenir like hats, caps, sweatshirts or memorabilia of the San Diego Padres and San Diego Chargers. This is basically get all the presents before you go back home. [...]D: 3.7mi00
- San Diego by TrolleyWe couldn't have chosen a better way to get around in San Francisco and see a lot of the attractions. The trolleys very easy to figure out. There are three lines marked with different colors (orange, blue and green) and you only have to [...]D: n/a00
- Black's BeachBlack's Beach got its name from the partially black-colored sand, which distinguishes this beach from most other beaches in Southern California. Black beach is north of downtown San Diego, located in the suburb of La Jolla and is regarded [...]D: 12.2mi10
- Maritime MuseumMaritime Museum was totally cool. It is basically a collection of six ships, some restored, some replicas and the exhibitions within the ships. You can learn a lot about maritime history, get to know how ships worked and get the [...]D: 3.1mi00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
If you want to go to Dhelfoi, and you´ve got no car, check the bus and train schedules, otherwise you can suddenly be stuck for hours in the...
Public Transportation: Check the bus and train schedules
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
This Museum is a great place to know more about the Chinese origin in Johor Bahru. This would be the ideal place if you would like to know more...
History & Culture: Chinese Heritage Muesum
If you are at Istanbul, you should visit the Hagia Sophia. Nowadays it´s a moslemic Moschee, but it was built as a christian church, representing...
History & Culture: Hagia Sophia
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
Located at the city limits of Aurora and very close to Denver, Cherry Creek State Park is perfect for a day out or for camping. The whole area is...
Outdoors Activities: Cherry Creek State Park
Fort Worth, Texas
Located within the grounds of the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, The Cafe Modern offers an eclectic, contemporary cuisine for every age and every...
Food: The Café Modern
An amazing variety of exhibits, artwork and plants can be found in the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens and we loved every minute of the tour we...
History & Culture: Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens