Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The view from here is astonishing, the whole downtown of San Diego and Colorado Island are the most beautiful from up here.
There is a old style lighthouse - I love that stuff - the Old Loma Point Lighthouse. It was built in 1854 and now it's open for the public as a museum. There is also a smaller gift shop and theater next to the lighthouse.
Sights are nice here, but the best thing about Point Loma is the view!
Parking is $5 per day.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- Legoland in San DiegoLegoland is an amusement park and is fun if you go with kids... or if you feel like you are a kid in the inside. Almost everything is made of big legos from the entrance to the end. You should bring clothes to change, because you will [...]D: n/a10
- Seaport VillageSeaport Village is one of the greatest places in San Diego. It located in San Diego Harbor and is very nice. It has got some kind of a rustic seaport town feeling, and it is very pleasant. There are lots of shops and all kinds of [...]D: n/a00
- The Mormon TempleThe construction of the Mormon Temple of San Diego was led by the architect William S. Lewis II. and Kenneth Möller, their inspiration came from the Mormon temples in Salt Lake City and Washington DC. The white building is an excellent [...]D: 10.5mi00
- New Children's MuseumNew Children's Museum is a great project. It was opened in 2008 and has got a lot of programs for kids. The whole place was constructed of recycled materials and is very environmentally friendly. There are tunnels that lead to a place [...]D: 3.6mi00
- Bazaar del MundoBazaar Del Mundo shops offer a great selection of Latin American jewelery and art work. This is the right place for you if you are looking for real South American handcrafted works. Besides artwork, jewelry, and fantastic Mexican food, [...]D: 3.4mi00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
The Metro system is extensive and inexpensive. Ask for the best ticket value.
Public Transportation: Use the Metro when in Paris
If you intend to go there, check the availability of buses and train, together with it´s schedules. Otherwise it happens, like at a lot of other...
Public Transportation: If you don't want to get lost
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Serangoon Garden Estate, Singapore
BZB is a bar located along serangoon garden estate. This is frequented by many of the regulars as well as many groups of people who like to chill...
Night Life & Entertainment: BZB (Bar)
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
A traditional and highly popular diner amongst locals, Whitt's Barbecue is a simple, down-to-earth and welcoming restaurant that has the best...
Food: Whitt's Barbecue