Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma, San Diego, California
Travel tips > North America > United States > San Diego > Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
The view from here is astonishing, the whole downtown of San Diego and Colorado Island are the most beautiful from up here.
There is a old style lighthouse - I love that stuff - the Old Loma Point Lighthouse. It was built in 1854 and now it's open for the public as a museum. There is also a smaller gift shop and theater next to the lighthouse.
Sights are nice here, but the best thing about Point Loma is the view!
Parking is $5 per day.
Recent travel tips for San Diego
- Spanish Village Art CenterThe Art Center is located in Balboa park, it is a center of many galleries and studios. When we were there, the artist were very nice and happy to answer all our questions about their works. The whole place is really built like a small [...]D: n/a00
- Balboa ParkThe large and pleasant Balboa Park is located in the heart of the city. The park gives home to the famous san Diego Zoo and not less than 13 museums. Not all of the museums are very good, but the Museum of Man and the Natural History [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Black's BeachBlack's Beach got its name from the partially black-colored sand, which distinguishes this beach from most other beaches in Southern California. Black beach is north of downtown San Diego, located in the suburb of La Jolla and is regarded [...]D: 12.2mi10
- Wild Animal ParkThis park is connected with the San Diego Zoo, but it's 31 miles to the south from it. The Wild Animal Park was created to help protect endangered species. It is almost incredible, but they carved out large areas from the dry rocks to [...]D: n/a00
- Gas Lamp QuarterIt is the greatest club district in the city. There are a lot of very good restaurants and nice shops as well. All the clubs have either DJs or live music. You are not supposed to wear jeans or sandals, wear more decent clothes, a dress [...]D: n/a00
Things about San Diego you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
One of the 7 wonders of the world and a man-made architectural sight that is visible from space, the Great Wall of China is a MUST-SEE if you...
History & Culture: The Great Wall of China
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
I recommend this restaurant for very tasty fish menus. The prices are very good and the food is even better. I was amazed by the long menu with all...
Food: Fish restaurant in Miskolctapolca
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
It is definitely a must if you are in the area. The museum and the city zoo are together, it's a perfect family program as well. The Skansen...
Outdoors Activities: Skansen open-air museum
Jalan Kayu, Singapore
Thasevi Prata Restaurant as the name suggest is very much famous for its pratas.(round circular flour made bread resembling a pancake cooked over a...
Food: Thasevi Prata Restaurant
If you visit the island of Oahu in Hawaii, make sure that you take a day to spend at Lani Kai beach. It is the most amazing beach i have been to....
General: Best Beaches Ever
Raleigh, North Carolina
Though only called a park, the William B. Umstead State Park is actually a small forest with hiking, bike and horse trails, picnic areas and a fish...
Sightseeing: Umstead State Park