Tucson Travel Tips, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Tucson travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Tucson travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (6)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (4)
- Sightseeing (3)
Browse Tucson travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Tucson travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Tucson or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Tucson travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Tucson
- Rocco's Little ChicagoMaybe the best pizzas in town you can find in Rocco's Little Chicago, which is a cozy little locale serving basically Italian food. The service is great, top-notch, the pizza is amazingly delicious and cheesy as hell (in a good way). [...]D: 6.6mi00
- Los Nopales TucsonServing Mexican and other Latin American dishes, the Los Nopales Tucson wows you with their food preparations. Though not flashy from the outside, you will find that inside the atmosphere is really welcoming. Their dishes are flavorful and [...]D: 10.1mi00
- Kitt Peak National ObservatoryFirst the drive up to the main Visitor Center on top of Kitt Peak is stunningly beautiful, then the guided tour in the Kitt Peak National Observatory just overwhelms you with information. The tour guide is really passionate about its work [...]D: 5.4mi00
- Tucson Balloon RidesI've never been on a hot air balloon and most certainly never been in the air with it, so taking part at the Tucson Balloon Rides was the most amazing experience of my life. We were advised to dress comfortably and with several layers [...]D: 10.4mi00
- Sabino CanyonFull of hiking opportunities and guided tram tours, the Sabino Canyon is the desert jewel of the Southwest. With the tram you make 9 stops and you can get down on any of them, so you have time and opportunity to take some really beautiful [...]D: 14.5mi00
- Pima Air and Space MuseumIf you are into aviation or just flying, than the Prima Air and Space Museum is your heaven on earth. They have more than 300 airplanes on display, ranging from old to new, historically and technologically significant. There is also a bus [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Café Terra CottaA beautiful little restaurant that features Southwestern cuisine, the Cafe Terra Cotta is located on Sunrise Drive and is a local favorite in Tucson. Their creative dishes, stylish inside welcome customers who will return several times [...]D: 13.3mi00
- Black Diamond Hummer ToursEither you choose a more adventurous tour or a scenic, sightseeing one, you will get the best of each. The Black Diamond Hummer Tours operated and offered by Dolores Zimmerman (a racing champion) take you to the Arizona Sonora Desert where [...]D: 13.5mi00
- San Xavier del Bac MissionA beautiful white structure, still in restoration process, though, the San Xavier del Bac Mission is beautiful in its white simplicity, but you are taken away by the colorful frescoes inside. With a small museum and an amazing courtyard, [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Old Tucson StudiosThe best place for fun and entertainment in Tucson is definitely the Old Tucson Studios, which only a few minutes drive south of the city, is the location where many famous western movies were set. Having a historical importance regarding [...]D: 12.2mi00
- Houston's Horseback RidingFor friends or families with younger/older children, Houston's Horseback Riding in Tucson offers the best outdoor activity you can get. Either you want to take part at a guided trailing tour or attend a lesson in horse riding, you will [...]D: 14.6mi00
- Arizona State MuseumFocusing on the cultures and history of the Native Americans of the southwest, the Arizona State Museum is a must-see museum for anyone who is interested in history. Located inside the University of Arizona, the museum is sometimes filled [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Tucson Mineral and Gem WorldBoth a shop and a museum, the Tucson Mineral and Gem World is a unique place where you can find really rare rocks, meteorites, fossils, and gemstones. What makes this place so interesting are the collection of skulls from various times [...]D: 10.6mi00
- Li'l Abner's SteakhouseWith a decoration not really for the faint hearted, Li'l Abner's Steakhouse, however has the best steak prepared on open grill in town. Juicy and delicious, there's nothing like the steaks at Lil's. You can find the place [...]D: 19.4mi00
- Arizona-Sonora Desert MuseumI don't think I have ever visited a museum that has focused its exhibitions on the wildlife of the dessert and had such an amazing collection and the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is the one. The open-air museum offers not only guided [...]D: 19.2mi00
Things about Tucson you may be interested in
Recent Tucson flights found by Travelgrove users
- $170 Major Carrier
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Tucson, AZ (TUS) 09/13/2017 08:35 pm Tucson, AZ (TUS) Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 09/22/2017 06:15 am
- $215 Major Carrier
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Santa Ana, CA (SNA) Tucson, AZ (TUS) 09/13/2017 07:20 pm Tucson, AZ (TUS) Santa Ana, CA (SNA) 09/22/2017 06:00 am
- $219 Major Carrier
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Burbank, CA (BUR) Tucson, AZ (TUS) 09/13/2017 06:25 pm Tucson, AZ (TUS) Burbank, CA (BUR) 09/22/2017 06:00 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Day 01: Leave Dhaka by domestic flight for Jessore in the morning. On arrival at Jessore Airport our representative will receive and transfer you...
Sightseeing: World largest Mangrove Forest Sundarbans Forest Trips
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
Most of you have seen this frog before, either on TV or in a zoo, but the best place to find them is in Tortugero, Costa Rica. This rain forest in...
Sightseeing: Red Eye Tree Frogs
If you are at Cologne and you are interested in history, but you also want to go on a walk, you should visit the remnants of the roman auqeduct of...
History & Culture: The roman auqeduct
It´s an open air museum from stone age and bronze age times (4.000 to 850 BC). You can see there a lot of historic and authentic reconstructed...
History & Culture: Museum of neolithic settlement
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
If like to go to the beaches of Lima, you should be always careful. For an tourist it would be good, not to go to the beaches away from Lima more...
Outdoors Activities: Beaches at Lima
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
Ninh Binh, Vietnam
Ninh Binh: Particularly Trang An within an hour distance from Hanoi near the southern margin of the Red river delta, the Trang An landscape complex...
General: Holiday to less traveled road in Vietnam
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature