Tucson Travel Tips, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Tucson travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Tucson travel tip categories:
- History & Culture (6)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Food (4)
- Sightseeing (3)
Browse Tucson travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Tucson travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Tucson or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Tucson travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Tucson
- Rocco's Little ChicagoMaybe the best pizzas in town you can find in Rocco's Little Chicago, which is a cozy little locale serving basically Italian food. The service is great, top-notch, the pizza is amazingly delicious and cheesy as hell (in a good way). [...]D: 6.6mi00
- Los Nopales TucsonServing Mexican and other Latin American dishes, the Los Nopales Tucson wows you with their food preparations. Though not flashy from the outside, you will find that inside the atmosphere is really welcoming. Their dishes are flavorful and [...]D: 10.1mi00
- Kitt Peak National ObservatoryFirst the drive up to the main Visitor Center on top of Kitt Peak is stunningly beautiful, then the guided tour in the Kitt Peak National Observatory just overwhelms you with information. The tour guide is really passionate about its work [...]D: 5.4mi00
- Tucson Balloon RidesI've never been on a hot air balloon and most certainly never been in the air with it, so taking part at the Tucson Balloon Rides was the most amazing experience of my life. We were advised to dress comfortably and with several layers [...]D: 10.4mi00
- Sabino CanyonFull of hiking opportunities and guided tram tours, the Sabino Canyon is the desert jewel of the Southwest. With the tram you make 9 stops and you can get down on any of them, so you have time and opportunity to take some really beautiful [...]D: 14.5mi00
- Pima Air and Space MuseumIf you are into aviation or just flying, than the Prima Air and Space Museum is your heaven on earth. They have more than 300 airplanes on display, ranging from old to new, historically and technologically significant. There is also a bus [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Café Terra CottaA beautiful little restaurant that features Southwestern cuisine, the Cafe Terra Cotta is located on Sunrise Drive and is a local favorite in Tucson. Their creative dishes, stylish inside welcome customers who will return several times [...]D: 13.3mi00
- Black Diamond Hummer ToursEither you choose a more adventurous tour or a scenic, sightseeing one, you will get the best of each. The Black Diamond Hummer Tours operated and offered by Dolores Zimmerman (a racing champion) take you to the Arizona Sonora Desert where [...]D: 13.5mi00
- San Xavier del Bac MissionA beautiful white structure, still in restoration process, though, the San Xavier del Bac Mission is beautiful in its white simplicity, but you are taken away by the colorful frescoes inside. With a small museum and an amazing courtyard, [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Old Tucson StudiosThe best place for fun and entertainment in Tucson is definitely the Old Tucson Studios, which only a few minutes drive south of the city, is the location where many famous western movies were set. Having a historical importance regarding [...]D: 12.2mi00
- Houston's Horseback RidingFor friends or families with younger/older children, Houston's Horseback Riding in Tucson offers the best outdoor activity you can get. Either you want to take part at a guided trailing tour or attend a lesson in horse riding, you will [...]D: 14.6mi00
- Arizona State MuseumFocusing on the cultures and history of the Native Americans of the southwest, the Arizona State Museum is a must-see museum for anyone who is interested in history. Located inside the University of Arizona, the museum is sometimes filled [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Tucson Mineral and Gem WorldBoth a shop and a museum, the Tucson Mineral and Gem World is a unique place where you can find really rare rocks, meteorites, fossils, and gemstones. What makes this place so interesting are the collection of skulls from various times [...]D: 10.6mi00
- Li'l Abner's SteakhouseWith a decoration not really for the faint hearted, Li'l Abner's Steakhouse, however has the best steak prepared on open grill in town. Juicy and delicious, there's nothing like the steaks at Lil's. You can find the place [...]D: 19.4mi00
- Arizona-Sonora Desert MuseumI don't think I have ever visited a museum that has focused its exhibitions on the wildlife of the dessert and had such an amazing collection and the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is the one. The open-air museum offers not only guided [...]D: 19.2mi00
Things about Tucson you may be interested in
Recent Tucson flights found by Travelgrove users
- $285 Multiple Airlines
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Boise, ID (BOI) Tucson, AZ (TUS) 11/02/2016 08:49 am Tucson, AZ (TUS) Boise, ID (BOI) 11/16/2016 06:45 am
- $288 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) Tucson, AZ (TUS) 02/08/2017 08:55 am Tucson, AZ (TUS) Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) 02/21/2017 02:20 pm
- $309 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Peoria, IL (PIA) Tucson, AZ (TUS) 11/05/2016 01:30 pm Tucson, AZ (TUS) Peoria, IL (PIA) 11/10/2016 12:35 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
The view from Belfort Tower over this marvelous medieval city is something you don't want to miss. The 366 steps of this 83 meters tower are worth...
Sightseeing: Belfort Tower (Belfry of Bruges)
If you want to go shopping on a high level, go to Zurich. There´s much you can do there in that sense.
General: Shopping in the city center
Hello to all, the Association organizes travel in Natura & Avventura desertakakus,Travel is the best way to discover desert. We are a small...
General: Natura & Avventura
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
The fantastic ice range of the Cordillera Huayhuash is renowned for knife-edged 20,000-foot peaks that attract mountaineers from around the world....
Outdoors Activities: Trekking Hiking Cordillera Blanca Cordillera Huayhuash Peru
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
Christian and pagan, ancient and newer artifacts are gathered at the world's largest museum, at the Istanbul Archeology Museum. As Turkey's...
History & Culture: Istanbul Archeology Museum
It was an amazing trip and a great choice to visit not only bustling city of Miami but also its surroundings which as it turned out, are quite rich...
Outdoors Activities: A great trip to the Florida Everglades
San Jose, California
Fun and inviting with activities for all ages, the San Jose Flea Market is not just a market where you can sell your stuff or buy, it a place that...
Shopping: San Jose Flea Market