Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Tucson, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Tucson > Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The open-air museum offers not only guided tours but also live animal shows and interactive video-show entertainments. You can learn so many things about hundreds of animals and thousands of plant that inhabit the deserts in the US.
2021 N Kinney Rd, Tucson, AZ 85743, USA
Adults: $14.50, children: $4.50
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Tucson
- Los Nopales TucsonServing Mexican and other Latin American dishes, the Los Nopales Tucson wows you with their food preparations. Though not flashy from the outside, you will find that inside the atmosphere is really welcoming. Their dishes are flavorful and [...]D: 10.1mi00
- Sabino CanyonFull of hiking opportunities and guided tram tours, the Sabino Canyon is the desert jewel of the Southwest. With the tram you make 9 stops and you can get down on any of them, so you have time and opportunity to take some really beautiful [...]D: 14.5mi00
- Tucson Balloon RidesI've never been on a hot air balloon and most certainly never been in the air with it, so taking part at the Tucson Balloon Rides was the most amazing experience of my life. We were advised to dress comfortably and with several layers [...]D: 10.4mi00
- Café Terra CottaA beautiful little restaurant that features Southwestern cuisine, the Cafe Terra Cotta is located on Sunrise Drive and is a local favorite in Tucson. Their creative dishes, stylish inside welcome customers who will return several times [...]D: 13.3mi00
- Kitt Peak National ObservatoryFirst the drive up to the main Visitor Center on top of Kitt Peak is stunningly beautiful, then the guided tour in the Kitt Peak National Observatory just overwhelms you with information. The tour guide is really passionate about its work [...]D: 5.4mi00
Things about Tucson you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
While in Munich, you should go see a soccer match at the Allianz Arena. You may also want to just go there and visit without seeing a match. The...
Sightseeing: Visiting the Allianz Arena
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
If you'd like to go to ski but you don't have equipment for it, don't worry! On the way to the ski trails many little 'shops' are opened from where...
Outdoors Activities: Renting skis in Arieseni
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Albuquerque, New Mexico
With quite a long history and a mysterious origin, the Church Street Café is one of the best restaurants in Albuquerque. Its decoration and...
Food: Church Street Café
San Diego, California
Black's Beach got its name from the partially black-colored sand, which distinguishes this beach from most other beaches in Southern California....
Outdoors Activities: Black's Beach
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Vietnam is a wonderful destination for any kind of vacation and a country that is home to amazing attractions and superb tourist sites, Vietnam is...
General: Vietnam culinary Vacation