London Travel Tips, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these London travel tip categories:
- General (9)
- History & Culture (9)
- Night Life & Entertainment (3)
- Outdoors Activities (2)
- Sightseeing (5)
- Shopping (1)
- Public Transportation (3)
Browse London travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' London travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for London or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these London travel tips.
Recent travel tips for London
- Lotus Chalets is a hotel in SooriyawewaWelcome to Lotus Chalets Nature Resorts Lotus Chalets is a hotel in Sooriyawewa or an Eco resort close to Sooriyaweva cricket stadium and an ideal place for your Udawalawe safaries which is 20 minutes drive from Lotus Chalets, and 15 [...]D: 5500.8mi00
- The ‘Lotus Chalets' are built out of mud and timber &...Lotus chalets, Canal road, Migahajandura, Sooriyawewa, Sri Lanka. [...]D: 1.9mi10
- Camel Trekking Morocco Desert TripJust a few lines to explain our experience.I was traveling alone with my two children, arrived at Marrakech for seven days, I had said that with 3 days had enough, and the rest do I do with children?Contract Moha & Youssef ( www [...]D: 1423mi00
- The best place to shop in the UK !!!!!While I was at my internship for six months in awesome awesome UK, I thought shopping would definitely be out of the subject – due to the currency at that point of time (SGD1 – 3 pounds). What more, home to stores like Marks and [...]D: 5.1mi00
- Big BenIt's the nicest and the most famous attraction in London [...]D: n/a00
- An Exclusive Mauritius Island VacationMauritius island vacation will take you to that mesmerizing dream island with turquoise tranquil waters, classy beach resorts, wonderful shopping options and a fascinating unique culture. [...]D: 10.4mi10
- Victoria and Albert MuseumThe Victoria and Albert Museum is not only famous for the art displayed in its halls but also for the majesty of the building and the great architecture of it. It is a very diverse museum it covers many fields. There are great pieces of [...]D: 2.2mi10
- The Dali UniverseThe Dali Universe is advertised with the headline 'Enter in the mind of the genius'. You can view the Dali exhibition at County Hall in London. It is a wonderful exhibition, but unfortunately cameras and picture taking is forbidden. However [...]D: 2.9mi10
- British MuseumThe British Museum is one of the biggest and most famous museums in London. Personally, I found it the most interesting one. There are many expositions in it and every month there is a special exposition too. This month, until the end of [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Greenwich ObservatoryGreenwich Royal Observatory was amazing. It is perfect for families with children or those who just like astronomy. You only have to pay for the admission to the Planetarium shows, the rest, the Royal Observatory, the Queen's House and the [...]D: n/a00
- Buckingham Palace - Changing of the GuardsThe Buckingham Palace is one of the gems of London. Between May and the end of September the changing of the guards is made a big deal of, it is a big ceremony. It starts around half past eleven and it is a one hour program. There are loads [...]D: 2.3mi10
- Free ConcertsThere are some extraordinary organ concerts in Westminster Abbey on every Sunday afternoon from 17:45. They take approximately half an hour and the acoustic is amazing in the Abbey. There are various well-known artists who are playing and [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Changing the GuardChanging the Guard at Buckingham Palace one of the best free activities in London. It takes place at the courtyard of the Palace at 11:30, but you should arrive there early to get a good view. There are some ceremonial days when there is no [...]D: 1.8mi00
- The TowerThe Tower of London is one of the most interesting and the oldest buildings in London. You can get there with the tube, you just have to get off t the Tower Bridge station. You can take a walk around the Tower for free. You can also go into [...]D: 3.9mi20
- Museum of ChildhoodMy favorite of all the museums of London is the V & A Museum of Childhood. They have a collection of 8,000 dolls, Britain's biggest doll house collection with very old pieces and many other interesting exhibitions about games, the history [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Haunted TheatreDrury Lane Royal Theatre is heaven for those who love theatre. The building is breathtaking from the inside, so elegant and magnificent. You feel special, when you are inside. Drury Lane is also famous for being haunted, the Grey Man is [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Millenium BridgeThe Millennium Bridge is just the perfect place for walking, I would say. It is a pedestrian bridge that links the Tate Modern Gallery with St.Paul's Cathedral on the Thames. The view from there onto the city is amazing, you wouldn't [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Free MuseumsIt is fantastic that the museums in London are free. British Museum, National Gallery, Natural History, Victoria and Albert are only a few of those that you can visit free of charge. They are wonderful, but don't forget that the museums are [...]D: n/a10
- Don't take the busesIf you are in London and want to look around, don't take tourist buses. They are expensive, 29 Pounds, and if you stay downstairs, you can't see a thing. The travel card is a better choice, it costs around 15 Pounds per day and you ca use [...]D: n/a10
- London EyeIf you really want to enjoy a sighseeing in London I would recommanded for you a ride on London Eye. You need to book the tickets before(minimum 2 days before) to get one and you'll must stay in a line for 2-3 hours, but after all this [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Try the London EyeIf you really want to enjoy a sighseeing in London I would recommanded for you a ride on London Eye. You need to book the tickets before(minimum 2 days before) to get one and you\'ll must stay in a line for 2-3 hours, but after all this [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Airport of HeathrowIf you have a stop at this airport and if you have time, go to the city center. The airport itself is very expensive and the food there isnt of high quality. [...]D: 13.1mi00
- London Airport Taxi Cab Transfer ServiceHello, I got a quick useful information for people traveling to London. If they any London Airport Taxi Cab Transfer Service than they can try Hummingbird Cars http://www.airportransfers.net/ They also provide 5 % Discount [...]D: n/a00
- Tuna, Pineapple and Manny PacquiaoLots of Tuna, Pineapple and hometown of Manny Pacquiao [...]D: n/a00
- Telephon boxesIn London, you can see the popular red telephone box, despite the reduction of their numbers in the past years. Even if they are not only exclusively made for London, here you can see many of the reminding booths. The red design is since [...]D: n/a00
- Driving on the leftWhen you arrive by car with a ferry, on Britain Land you should be very careful as they drive on the left, as opposite to major european countries where the driving is on the right. When I was outside the Dover port, even if there are tons [...]D: n/a00
- Going to London by FerryYou can chose to go to London by ferry, from Dover (the main port at the English Chanel), to London there are only 123 Km. Dover is conected by ferry with Calais, in France, the journey takes about 1 hour and a half but I recommended for [...]D: n/a00
- One day bus ticketIn my opinion, the best way to visit London, especially if you are there for only a few days is to buy a one day bus ticket. This is 3.80 pounds (in 2009) and the convenient is that you can try in this way the famous red buses. Going on the [...]D: n/a00
- British MuseumIf you don't want or you don't have so much money to spend while visiting London, you should check out British Museum. Except exhibitions that are charged, the visit to the museum is free. The museum is opened daily, between 10 AM and 5:30 [...]D: 1.5mi00
- the Millennium WheelEven if it's really expensive (17 pounds for an adult, 8.5 pounds for a child 4-15 years old, and 14 pounds for seniors - 60 years plus - 2009 fares), even if you will definitely have to wait a long time in line, it's a must not to miss [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Find a Time Out magazineThe first thing to do when you come to London is: Find a booth selling Magazines and get yourself a copy of : Time Out, a magazine which tells you all that´s going on, from small hobby-theatre perfomances in Camden Rown to large Music [...]D: n/a00
- Westmindster AbbeyWestmindster Abbey is the traditional place for the coronation of the English monarchs since William the Conqueror in 1066. The gothic cathedral is 170 m long, 25 m wide and 34 m high. Many of the country's kings and queens, artists and [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about London you may be interested in
Recent London flights found by Travelgrove users
- $815 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Halifax, NS (YHZ) London, GB (LHR) 05/02/2015 06:23 am London, GB (LHR) Halifax, NS (YHZ) 05/16/2015 12:35 pm
- $826 Iceland Air
flyfar.ca check price
From To Departure Time Newark, NJ (EWR) London, GB (LHR) 11/25/2014 07:55 pm London, GB (LHR) Newark, NJ (EWR) 11/30/2014 08:55 pm
- $846 Air Lingus
faregeek.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) London, GB (LHR) 11/25/2014 05:30 pm London, GB (LHR) New York, NY (JFK) 11/30/2014 01:15 pm
More travel tips you might be interested in
Perfect timing. Budget car rentals are often available just after peak holiday season. If you can plan your road trip away from holidays, car...
General: How to choose the perfect car rental
Visit the museum of the district of Koblenz. Showing you a wide variety in history.
Sightseeing: Local museum
Kressbronn Am Bodensee, Germany
Wenn man in der Nähe des Bodensees ist und in der Gegend von Kressbronn, dann sollte man zum entspannen ins dortige Strandbad am Bodensee gehen....
General: Strandbad am Bodensee
There are some nice possibilities to go for shopping, in the city center and at some shopping malls.
Shopping: If you want to go shopping...
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
When I've arrived in Torino I've visited 'il Palazzo Reale' .
General: Palazzo Reale, Turin
For anyone on this site that is interested in coming to Jamaica for vacation I would first suggest that you not spend the ridiculous amount for...
General: Paradise Jamaica
Abends ist am Strand immer viel los. Es gibt viele Rastaurants und viele kleine Spielkasinos für Kinder.
General: Strand und Rastaurants
Kansas City, Missouri
The best place where you can work out, get a tan, learn dancing and organize parties is definitely Pole Worx on Union Avenue in Kansas. I went...
Night Life & Entertainment: Pole Worx
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...