British Museum, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > British Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are many artifacts from ancient Greece, ancient Rome, Egypt, Africa and Asia too. There are many statues from Greece, vases and objects used in everyday life. The Egyptian expose is wonderful with many statues, mummies, copies from the Egyptian Book of The Dead and objects found in Pyramids. There are also religious objects and symbols exposed.
The Museum is huge and it takes at least two hours to take a good look at everything. Parents can buy special books and teaching materials for kids, so they can understand better what they are seeing.
Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
Every day from 9 am to 6 pm
How to get there:
Go to Tottenham Court Road with the Tube and the museum is in walking distance from there
Recent travel tips for London
- Don't take the busesIf you are in London and want to look around, don't take tourist buses. They are expensive, 29 Pounds, and if you stay downstairs, you can't see a thing. The travel card is a better choice, it costs around 15 Pounds per day and you ca use [...]D: n/a10
- Westmindster AbbeyWestmindster Abbey is the traditional place for the coronation of the English monarchs since William the Conqueror in 1066. The gothic cathedral is 170 m long, 25 m wide and 34 m high. Many of the country's kings and queens, artists and [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Harry Potter Studio Tour LondonThe Harry Potter studio tour is a fascinating insight into the world of film, and the Harry Potter movies in particular. There are a many ways to arrive, most popularly by driving or taking the bus transport with Warner Bros. If you're [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Downton Abbey ToursThe Downton Abbey set areas are few minutes drive from London. Explorers can pick their own particular Downton Abbey experience. Independently directed tours through Highclere, and in addition private and gathering tour through both the [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Morocco Guided Tours - Morocco Desert ToursSahara Magic Tours is a Team of a Berbere Nomade Friends. we have spent all our life within the surroundings of sahara and the southern deserts of Morocco. With fifteen years experience as a guide, we would love to share with you the [...]D: n/a00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
If you are in the south of germany, close to the village of Herbertingen, you should visit the open air museum called Heuneburg. It´s the place of...
Outdoors Activities: Open air museum
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
Yangon is the former capital of Myanmar which boasts a distintive beauty with pagoda, river, old colonial buildings and scenic lakes. To enjoy...
Outdoors Activities: Best visiting attractions in Myanmar
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Santa Ana, California
Great for kids and adults, even toddlers, the Santa Ana Zoo, though small, is an enjoyable getaway both for locals and visitors to the city. The...
Family & Fun: Santa Ana Zoo
Santa Barbara, California
Great thing to check out while in Santa Barbara would be the beaches. Every beach is wonderful but I really recommend Butterfly Beach. Stunningly...
Outdoors Activities: Things to do in Santa Barbara
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant