British Museum, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > British Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are many artifacts from ancient Greece, ancient Rome, Egypt, Africa and Asia too. There are many statues from Greece, vases and objects used in everyday life. The Egyptian expose is wonderful with many statues, mummies, copies from the Egyptian Book of The Dead and objects found in Pyramids. There are also religious objects and symbols exposed.
The Museum is huge and it takes at least two hours to take a good look at everything. Parents can buy special books and teaching materials for kids, so they can understand better what they are seeing.
Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
Every day from 9 am to 6 pm
How to get there:
Go to Tottenham Court Road with the Tube and the museum is in walking distance from there
Recent travel tips for London
- What Is Expedia UK Customer Service Phone Number?Expedia is a travel website owned by Expedia Inc. The website can be used to book hotel reservations, airline tickets,car rentals, cruises, vacation packages and various attractions and services via the online and telephone travel agents. [...]D: 1.9mi00
- The ‘Lotus Chalets' are built out of mud and timber &...Lotus chalets, Canal road, Migahajandura, Sooriyawewa, Sri Lanka. [...]D: 1.9mi10
- London EyeIf you really want to enjoy a sighseeing in London I would recommanded for you a ride on London Eye. You need to book the tickets before(minimum 2 days before) to get one and you'll must stay in a line for 2-3 hours, but after all this [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Telephon boxesIn London, you can see the popular red telephone box, despite the reduction of their numbers in the past years. Even if they are not only exclusively made for London, here you can see many of the reminding booths. The red design is since [...]D: n/a00
- Westmindster AbbeyWestmindster Abbey is the traditional place for the coronation of the English monarchs since William the Conqueror in 1066. The gothic cathedral is 170 m long, 25 m wide and 34 m high. Many of the country's kings and queens, artists and [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Bigger than the Forbidden city, this park and religious complex is one of the main attractions of Beijing. Originally built during the Ming and...
Sightseeing: The Temple of Heaven
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
Visiting Helsinki Finland this summer.Lucky you A great tip to explore and view the City of Helsinki is on the city trams.Number 3B & 3T travel in...
Public Transportation: Helsinki By Street Tram
Because Decathlon is originating from Lille, the famous sports selling brand has near Lille (in fact it's inside it's Metropolitan Area) the...
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
Kanyakumari is the south most tip of india- Tour around Kanyakumari is a unique and wonderfull experince to the tourist. Most tourist attractive...
Sightseeing: Triveni Sungam
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
Corpus Christi, Texas
Serving also gourmet dishes, Padre Pizzeria has an excellent catering service. Their food are prepared with attention to detail, and always look...
Food: Padre Pizzeria
I don't think there is a museum in the whole world that would be so large, so much fun and so much to teach children about history, science,...
History & Culture: Indianapolis Children's Museum
This museum is a must if you're spending a little bit more time in Riverside, because its main focus is the historical, natural and cultural...
History & Culture: Riverside Metropolitan Museum