British Museum, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > British Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are many artifacts from ancient Greece, ancient Rome, Egypt, Africa and Asia too. There are many statues from Greece, vases and objects used in everyday life. The Egyptian expose is wonderful with many statues, mummies, copies from the Egyptian Book of The Dead and objects found in Pyramids. There are also religious objects and symbols exposed.
The Museum is huge and it takes at least two hours to take a good look at everything. Parents can buy special books and teaching materials for kids, so they can understand better what they are seeing.
Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
Every day from 9 am to 6 pm
How to get there:
Go to Tottenham Court Road with the Tube and the museum is in walking distance from there
Recent travel tips for London
- Travel partnerI need a partner to travel withi need a partner to travel withi need a partner to travel with [...]D: 4063.7mi00
- FlyAfrica Travel AgencyAfrican Travel Agency Few places on the blue planet offer an excellent level of variety to get you close to the wildlife, experience the vibe of flourishing cities as well as enjoy surfing with some of the highest waves you can ever [...]D: 1mi00
- The TowerThe Tower of London is one of the most interesting and the oldest buildings in London. You can get there with the tube, you just have to get off t the Tower Bridge station. You can take a walk around the Tower for free. You can also go into [...]D: 3.9mi20
- Find a Time Out magazineThe first thing to do when you come to London is: Find a booth selling Magazines and get yourself a copy of : Time Out, a magazine which tells you all that´s going on, from small hobby-theatre perfomances in Camden Rown to large Music [...]D: n/a00
- Tuna, Pineapple and Manny PacquiaoLots of Tuna, Pineapple and hometown of Manny Pacquiao [...]D: n/a00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
If you are going to Costa Rica to surf like 95% of the tourist do, then you cant miss Playa Hermosa. This beach has the best breaks in Costa Rica...
Beaches : Playa Hermosa
Visit the museum of the district of Koblenz. Showing you a wide variety in history.
Sightseeing: Local museum
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
We provide cheap airline flight tickets at best prices.
Outdoors Activities: Cheap air flights
New Delhi, India
The India Gate is the national monument of India. It is one of the largest war memorials in India. Situated in the heart of New Delhi, India Gate...
History & Culture: India Gate
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Hi, Antalya is a very beautiful place and the environment here is very refreshing. It Attracts the visitors from all over the world. So One needs a...
Public Transportation: Reach your final destination safely and comfortably.