Changing the Guard, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Changing the Guard
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
If you want a picture with a guard, you have to walk down next to the courtyard and turn at the corner to Pall Mall, here is a guard standing alone. You can stay next to him and just make a photo.
He will probably not give any sign of life, but that's the greatest in it. :D
Buckingham Palace London, SW1A 1AA
Both the watching and the picture with the guard are free.
The Change is at 11:30 every day during spring and summer and every other day in fall and winter.
How to get there:
The nearest tube station is Victoria, Green Park and Hyde Park Corner.
Recent travel tips for London
- The TowerThe Tower of London is one of the most interesting and the oldest buildings in London. You can get there with the tube, you just have to get off t the Tower Bridge station. You can take a walk around the Tower for free. You can also go into [...]D: 3.9mi20
- Find a Time Out magazineThe first thing to do when you come to London is: Find a booth selling Magazines and get yourself a copy of : Time Out, a magazine which tells you all that´s going on, from small hobby-theatre perfomances in Camden Rown to large Music [...]D: n/a00
- Big BenIt's the nicest and the most famous attraction in London [...]D: n/a00
- Haunted TheatreDrury Lane Royal Theatre is heaven for those who love theatre. The building is breathtaking from the inside, so elegant and magnificent. You feel special, when you are inside. Drury Lane is also famous for being haunted, the Grey Man is [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Millenium BridgeThe Millennium Bridge is just the perfect place for walking, I would say. It is a pedestrian bridge that links the Tate Modern Gallery with St.Paul's Cathedral on the Thames. The view from there onto the city is amazing, you wouldn't [...]D: 2.8mi00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head