Changing the Guard, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Changing the Guard
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
If you want a picture with a guard, you have to walk down next to the courtyard and turn at the corner to Pall Mall, here is a guard standing alone. You can stay next to him and just make a photo.
He will probably not give any sign of life, but that's the greatest in it. :D
Buckingham Palace London, SW1A 1AA
Both the watching and the picture with the guard are free.
The Change is at 11:30 every day during spring and summer and every other day in fall and winter.
How to get there:
The nearest tube station is Victoria, Green Park and Hyde Park Corner.
Recent travel tips for London
- Driving on the leftWhen you arrive by car with a ferry, on Britain Land you should be very careful as they drive on the left, as opposite to major european countries where the driving is on the right. When I was outside the Dover port, even if there are tons [...]D: n/a00
- Telephon boxesIn London, you can see the popular red telephone box, despite the reduction of their numbers in the past years. Even if they are not only exclusively made for London, here you can see many of the reminding booths. The red design is since [...]D: n/a00
- One day bus ticketIn my opinion, the best way to visit London, especially if you are there for only a few days is to buy a one day bus ticket. This is 3.80 pounds (in 2009) and the convenient is that you can try in this way the famous red buses. Going on the [...]D: n/a00
- Greenwich ObservatoryGreenwich Royal Observatory was amazing. It is perfect for families with children or those who just like astronomy. You only have to pay for the admission to the Planetarium shows, the rest, the Royal Observatory, the Queen's House and the [...]D: n/a00
- the Millennium WheelEven if it's really expensive (17 pounds for an adult, 8.5 pounds for a child 4-15 years old, and 14 pounds for seniors - 60 years plus - 2009 fares), even if you will definitely have to wait a long time in line, it's a must not to miss [...]D: 2.9mi00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
Hello to all, the Association organizes travel in Natura & Avventura desertakakus,Travel is the best way to discover desert. We are a small...
General: Natura & Avventura
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
The place with the best night life is definitely Siofok. You can find there parties all night long right near the Balaton lake. Give it a try!
Night Life & Entertainment: Siofok, near Balaton lake
You should really take yourself time for at least one day or better a whole weekend.
General: Visiting the ancient roman city
Balboa Island, California
Go down there to visit family and friends. if you don't have any, in the area, I would go for a walk to see the cute houses and drink some coffee....
Family & Fun: Visit family and friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
Lafitte's Blacksmith claims to be one of the oldest bars in the United States, and even if that's not accurate, this pub is pretty old anyway - it...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar
There is no doubt that a luxury holiday to Vietnam has been promoted very well, there are several good tour operators that offering unbeatable...
General: All inclusive holiday to Vietnam
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach