Find a Time Out magazine, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Find a Time Out magazine
- General travel tip
- City center
The best hotels in regard of value / costs are IMO situated in Holborn, in Monatgue Place. e.g. the Clarendon. They are run by Indians, are very tidy and comfortable. From there you can reach Covent Garden and Oxford Street in five minutes by foot, and it takes only two Minutes to the British Museum. Ten minutes to Soho. Very close by are tube stations, Holborn and Russel Square , which quickly connect you to anywhere in the city.
I highly recommend a trip to Brick Lane for Indian food, or the flea market on sundays.
Also nice are the Spitalfields Markets. If you want to go to Camden avoid going saturday or sunday, there´s too many people around. For all thos goths: in camden is also „The Devon“, an old pub originally called „Devonshire Arms“ now running under the name of „Hobgoblin“. It´s a fun place to stay after your visit to the Camden markets. In case you are out late in Soho and you are hungry, don´t EVER buy some of the chinese fast food on Oxford Street. Believe me. ;)
Recent travel tips for London
- the Millennium WheelEven if it's really expensive (17 pounds for an adult, 8.5 pounds for a child 4-15 years old, and 14 pounds for seniors - 60 years plus - 2009 fares), even if you will definitely have to wait a long time in line, it's a must not to miss [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Free MuseumsIt is fantastic that the museums in London are free. British Museum, National Gallery, Natural History, Victoria and Albert are only a few of those that you can visit free of charge. They are wonderful, but don't forget that the museums are [...]D: n/a10
- EasyJet Customer Service Contact NumberEasyJet Customer Service Contact Numbers are always ready to provide you necessary assistance. For general guide you can contact the customer service department at the numbers provided according to the country you stay in or are traveling [...]D: 4046.9mi00
- Millenium BridgeThe Millennium Bridge is just the perfect place for walking, I would say. It is a pedestrian bridge that links the Tate Modern Gallery with St.Paul's Cathedral on the Thames. The view from there onto the city is amazing, you wouldn't [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Travel partnerI need a partner to travel withi need a partner to travel withi need a partner to travel with [...]D: 4063.7mi00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
Renting a car in Malaga is easy. Either you get your car at the Airport or right in the city. There are several car rental places at the train...
General: Renting a Car in Malaga
Reading, United Kingdom
Reading is a great place to do your shopping. There are two big malls very close to each other. One of them is The Oracle, which is a huge mall...
Shopping: Shopping Centres
If you want to reach other cities from there, go to the main bus station in the city center, directly adjacent to the harbour.
Public Transportation: Reaching other cities from Gythion
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
If you are interested to know how the sultan palace looks like during the period of the Melaka Sultanate period. This Melaka sultanate Palace which...
Sightseeing: Melaka Sultanate Palace
Somalia is full of poverty and dangerous i recommend to choose another destination
General: Dont go
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant
Raleigh, North Carolina
It is both a Cafe and a bakery and they also serve excellent food and offer catering. I loved the sautéed chicken and roasted vegetables as...
Food: Neomonde Restaurant
If you want to go skiing for a day in Austria, use the city as a starting point to go to the different skiing areas.
General: Skiing for a day