Find a Time Out magazine, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Find a Time Out magazine
- General travel tip
- City center
The best hotels in regard of value / costs are IMO situated in Holborn, in Monatgue Place. e.g. the Clarendon. They are run by Indians, are very tidy and comfortable. From there you can reach Covent Garden and Oxford Street in five minutes by foot, and it takes only two Minutes to the British Museum. Ten minutes to Soho. Very close by are tube stations, Holborn and Russel Square , which quickly connect you to anywhere in the city.
I highly recommend a trip to Brick Lane for Indian food, or the flea market on sundays.
Also nice are the Spitalfields Markets. If you want to go to Camden avoid going saturday or sunday, there´s too many people around. For all thos goths: in camden is also „The Devon“, an old pub originally called „Devonshire Arms“ now running under the name of „Hobgoblin“. It´s a fun place to stay after your visit to the Camden markets. In case you are out late in Soho and you are hungry, don´t EVER buy some of the chinese fast food on Oxford Street. Believe me. ;)
Recent travel tips for London
- The Men's Business Travel Style GuideHow to dress for business travel in a stylish and comfortable way, along with all the pieces you should pack in your bag. [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Free ConcertsThere are some extraordinary organ concerts in Westminster Abbey on every Sunday afternoon from 17:45. They take approximately half an hour and the acoustic is amazing in the Abbey. There are various well-known artists who are playing and [...]D: 2.2mi00
- Camel Trekking Morocco Desert TripJust a few lines to explain our experience.I was traveling alone with my two children, arrived at Marrakech for seven days, I had said that with 3 days had enough, and the rest do I do with children?Contract Moha & Youssef ( www [...]D: 1423mi00
- Telephon boxesIn London, you can see the popular red telephone box, despite the reduction of their numbers in the past years. Even if they are not only exclusively made for London, here you can see many of the reminding booths. The red design is since [...]D: n/a00
- London EyeIf you really want to enjoy a sighseeing in London I would recommanded for you a ride on London Eye. You need to book the tickets before(minimum 2 days before) to get one and you'll must stay in a line for 2-3 hours, but after all this [...]D: 2.3mi00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
The Alhambra is definitely a must see. It is the most beautiful of all Granada's great buildings and other Arabic memories. The Alhambra is...
History & Culture: The Alhambra
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
Take a walk on the main street of Zakopane in the winter - it's just simple beautiful! Everything is covered with snow, there are a lot of street...
Sightseeing: Visit it on the winter
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach