Greenwich Observatory, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Greenwich Observatory
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
There are a lot of amazing exhibitions, like the Astronomy Photographer of the Year at Royal Observatory. The North-West Passage exhibition is in the National Maritime Museum and is about the explorers who tried to find or crossed the Passage and about the Inuit people who live in the area for thousands of years. But these are only two of the many amazing exhibitions offered.
The Planetarium is not for free, but there are some amazing shows here, that worth some expense. The Ice Worlds, The Invaders of Mars and the other shows are not available every day, so you should check the Planetarium shows' schedule before you decide, but there are plenty of shows, so you will always find one. :)
There are very nice collections of flags, ship models and maps in the Maritime Museum, it's like a huge toy-house for boys. :)
Note that the Observatory is very busy on weekends in the afternoon.
Royal Observatory and Planetarium, Blackheath Ave SE10 8XJ
National Maritime Museum, Romney Road Greenwich, London
The admission to the Queen's House, National Maritime Museum and Royal Observatory is FREE!
Tickets for the Planetarium Shows cost:
Adults 6 Pounds
Children 4 Pounds
Family 16 Pounds
Note that there are special plane
Queen's House, National Maritime Museum and Royal Observatory from 10am to 5pm.
How to get there:
Nearest DLR station is Cutty Shark, its approx. 15 minutes by walking from both the Museum and the Observatory.
Nearest train station is Maze Hill, 8 min. from the Museum and 13 min. from the Observatory.
You can also go with a cruise or riv
Recent travel tips for London
- Airport of HeathrowIf you have a stop at this airport and if you have time, go to the city center. The airport itself is very expensive and the food there isnt of high quality. [...]D: 13.1mi00
- Downton Abbey ToursThe Downton Abbey set areas are few minutes drive from London. Explorers can pick their own particular Downton Abbey experience. Independently directed tours through Highclere, and in addition private and gathering tour through both the [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Morocco Guided Tours - Morocco Desert ToursSahara Magic Tours is a Team of a Berbere Nomade Friends. we have spent all our life within the surroundings of sahara and the southern deserts of Morocco. With fifteen years experience as a guide, we would love to share with you the [...]D: n/a00
- FlyAfrica Travel AgencyAfrican Travel Agency Few places on the blue planet offer an excellent level of variety to get you close to the wildlife, experience the vibe of flourishing cities as well as enjoy surfing with some of the highest waves you can ever [...]D: 1mi00
- Travelodge Discount Voucher CodesNeed help in finding the best hotels and resorts to stay at your next travel destination? We have got you covered! Online Coupon Island is offering exhilarating deals on packages of renowned online booking portal Travelodge by means of its [...]D: n/a00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
Bat Dat Royal is a nice little Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant near the city center of Freiburg. They have a pretty good buffet and at night they...
Food: Bat Dat Royal China-Vietnam Restaurant
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
If you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine....
Food: Casa dei Ciliegi
Located in a perfect are, close the water taxi station and the train station, Al Ponte Mocenigo Hotel offers comfortable and elegant accommodation....
General: Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo
The best part of Belgrade nightlife is that they have a special focus on winter and summer clubs, so you have an idea how much effort they put on...
Night Life & Entertainment: The nightlife highlights
The reason why the food was so good at the Mezzo Restaurant is maybe because they prepare everything daily. The sauces and other preparations are...
Food: Mezzo Restaurant
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature