Greenwich Observatory, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Greenwich Observatory
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
There are a lot of amazing exhibitions, like the Astronomy Photographer of the Year at Royal Observatory. The North-West Passage exhibition is in the National Maritime Museum and is about the explorers who tried to find or crossed the Passage and about the Inuit people who live in the area for thousands of years. But these are only two of the many amazing exhibitions offered.
The Planetarium is not for free, but there are some amazing shows here, that worth some expense. The Ice Worlds, The Invaders of Mars and the other shows are not available every day, so you should check the Planetarium shows' schedule before you decide, but there are plenty of shows, so you will always find one. :)
There are very nice collections of flags, ship models and maps in the Maritime Museum, it's like a huge toy-house for boys. :)
Note that the Observatory is very busy on weekends in the afternoon.
Royal Observatory and Planetarium, Blackheath Ave SE10 8XJ
National Maritime Museum, Romney Road Greenwich, London
The admission to the Queen's House, National Maritime Museum and Royal Observatory is FREE!
Tickets for the Planetarium Shows cost:
Adults 6 Pounds
Children 4 Pounds
Family 16 Pounds
Note that there are special plane
Queen's House, National Maritime Museum and Royal Observatory from 10am to 5pm.
How to get there:
Nearest DLR station is Cutty Shark, its approx. 15 minutes by walking from both the Museum and the Observatory.
Nearest train station is Maze Hill, 8 min. from the Museum and 13 min. from the Observatory.
You can also go with a cruise or riv
Recent travel tips for London
- Try the London EyeIf you really want to enjoy a sighseeing in London I would recommanded for you a ride on London Eye. You need to book the tickets before(minimum 2 days before) to get one and you\'ll must stay in a line for 2-3 hours, but after all this [...]D: 2.3mi00
- The Dali UniverseThe Dali Universe is advertised with the headline 'Enter in the mind of the genius'. You can view the Dali exhibition at County Hall in London. It is a wonderful exhibition, but unfortunately cameras and picture taking is forbidden. However [...]D: 2.9mi10
- Victoria and Albert MuseumThe Victoria and Albert Museum is not only famous for the art displayed in its halls but also for the majesty of the building and the great architecture of it. It is a very diverse museum it covers many fields. There are great pieces of [...]D: 2.2mi10
- Millenium BridgeThe Millennium Bridge is just the perfect place for walking, I would say. It is a pedestrian bridge that links the Tate Modern Gallery with St.Paul's Cathedral on the Thames. The view from there onto the city is amazing, you wouldn't [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Buckingham Palace - Changing of the GuardsThe Buckingham Palace is one of the gems of London. Between May and the end of September the changing of the guards is made a big deal of, it is a big ceremony. It starts around half past eleven and it is a one hour program. There are loads [...]D: 2.3mi10
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
There is no man on the earth who would not find the tango one of the most beautiful dances in the world. To see is in Argentina, one of its homes...
Night Life & Entertainment: Tango Show in El Viejo Almacen
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
Aire de Sevilla is the best bath I have ever been to. They don't only have baths but also massage, aromatherapy and all kinds of treatments. My...
Night Life & Entertainment: Aire de Sevilla
Bangladesh cheap package tour -2010-2011 Bangladesh Expeditions (Specialist in River Cruises & Eco-Adventure) There isn't a better or more...
Sightseeing: Tour operator of bangladesh
Ostia Antica, Italy
In Ostia, there is a beautiful beach. You can swim there very good.
General: The beautiful beach of Ostia
I am a good man with fear of God in life .
History & Culture: Be good to others
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Miami Beach, Florida
This restaurant has the best wine list of all Miami, but their cuisine is just not up to the standard. Not to mention their food is overprized. ...
Food: Azul – Best wine list, worst cuisine in Miami
Raleigh, North Carolina
Though a huge art gallery, it has some unique taste to it, and it gives you a bit of inspiration, the Artspace in Raleigh is quite enjoyable. The...
History & Culture: Artspace
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt