Greenwich Observatory, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Greenwich Observatory
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
There are a lot of amazing exhibitions, like the Astronomy Photographer of the Year at Royal Observatory. The North-West Passage exhibition is in the National Maritime Museum and is about the explorers who tried to find or crossed the Passage and about the Inuit people who live in the area for thousands of years. But these are only two of the many amazing exhibitions offered.
The Planetarium is not for free, but there are some amazing shows here, that worth some expense. The Ice Worlds, The Invaders of Mars and the other shows are not available every day, so you should check the Planetarium shows' schedule before you decide, but there are plenty of shows, so you will always find one. :)
There are very nice collections of flags, ship models and maps in the Maritime Museum, it's like a huge toy-house for boys. :)
Note that the Observatory is very busy on weekends in the afternoon.
Royal Observatory and Planetarium, Blackheath Ave SE10 8XJ
National Maritime Museum, Romney Road Greenwich, London
The admission to the Queen's House, National Maritime Museum and Royal Observatory is FREE!
Tickets for the Planetarium Shows cost:
Adults 6 Pounds
Children 4 Pounds
Family 16 Pounds
Note that there are special plane
Queen's House, National Maritime Museum and Royal Observatory from 10am to 5pm.
How to get there:
Nearest DLR station is Cutty Shark, its approx. 15 minutes by walking from both the Museum and the Observatory.
Nearest train station is Maze Hill, 8 min. from the Museum and 13 min. from the Observatory.
You can also go with a cruise or riv
Recent travel tips for London
- Millenium BridgeThe Millennium Bridge is just the perfect place for walking, I would say. It is a pedestrian bridge that links the Tate Modern Gallery with St.Paul's Cathedral on the Thames. The view from there onto the city is amazing, you wouldn't [...]D: 2.8mi00
- The TowerThe Tower of London is one of the most interesting and the oldest buildings in London. You can get there with the tube, you just have to get off t the Tower Bridge station. You can take a walk around the Tower for free. You can also go into [...]D: 3.9mi20
- Big BenIt's the nicest and the most famous attraction in London [...]D: n/a00
- MoroccoTraveling around the world with no money seems impossible but in reality, it is certainly possible. You need to be passionate and be willing to take them. Mostly travel lovers afraid to take advice when it comes to travel the world for [...]D: 1mi00
- One day bus ticketIn my opinion, the best way to visit London, especially if you are there for only a few days is to buy a one day bus ticket. This is 3.80 pounds (in 2009) and the convenient is that you can try in this way the famous red buses. Going on the [...]D: n/a00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Salzburg, there´s not only the fact interesting that Mozart was born there. Also the medieval castle Hohensalzburg, built in 1077,...
History & Culture: Castle Hohensalzburg
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
Serangoon Garden Estate, Singapore
Time in a bottle is one of the many bars that is located along Serangoon garden estate. It is a very popular bar among the locals and among the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Time in a bottle (Bar)
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing