Greenwich Observatory, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Greenwich Observatory
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
There are a lot of amazing exhibitions, like the Astronomy Photographer of the Year at Royal Observatory. The North-West Passage exhibition is in the National Maritime Museum and is about the explorers who tried to find or crossed the Passage and about the Inuit people who live in the area for thousands of years. But these are only two of the many amazing exhibitions offered.
The Planetarium is not for free, but there are some amazing shows here, that worth some expense. The Ice Worlds, The Invaders of Mars and the other shows are not available every day, so you should check the Planetarium shows' schedule before you decide, but there are plenty of shows, so you will always find one. :)
There are very nice collections of flags, ship models and maps in the Maritime Museum, it's like a huge toy-house for boys. :)
Note that the Observatory is very busy on weekends in the afternoon.
Royal Observatory and Planetarium, Blackheath Ave SE10 8XJ
National Maritime Museum, Romney Road Greenwich, London
The admission to the Queen's House, National Maritime Museum and Royal Observatory is FREE!
Tickets for the Planetarium Shows cost:
Adults 6 Pounds
Children 4 Pounds
Family 16 Pounds
Note that there are special plane
Queen's House, National Maritime Museum and Royal Observatory from 10am to 5pm.
How to get there:
Nearest DLR station is Cutty Shark, its approx. 15 minutes by walking from both the Museum and the Observatory.
Nearest train station is Maze Hill, 8 min. from the Museum and 13 min. from the Observatory.
You can also go with a cruise or riv
Recent travel tips for London
- Haunted TheatreDrury Lane Royal Theatre is heaven for those who love theatre. The building is breathtaking from the inside, so elegant and magnificent. You feel special, when you are inside. Drury Lane is also famous for being haunted, the Grey Man is [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Real Downton Abbey Tours - Highclere Castle, LondonThe Downton Abbey set areas are 90 minutes drive from London. Visitors can pick their own Downton experience. Independently directed voyages through Highclere, and in addition private and gathering voyages through both the château and [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Free MuseumsIt is fantastic that the museums in London are free. British Museum, National Gallery, Natural History, Victoria and Albert are only a few of those that you can visit free of charge. They are wonderful, but don't forget that the museums are [...]D: n/a10
- Camel Trekking Morocco Desert TripJust a few lines to explain our experience.I was traveling alone with my two children, arrived at Marrakech for seven days, I had said that with 3 days had enough, and the rest do I do with children?Contract Moha & Youssef ( www [...]D: 1423mi00
- Driving on the leftWhen you arrive by car with a ferry, on Britain Land you should be very careful as they drive on the left, as opposite to major european countries where the driving is on the right. When I was outside the Dover port, even if there are tons [...]D: n/a00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
The home of FC Barcelona who play in La Liga (1st Division). Try to catch a football game here in this stadium of nearly 80,000, even if you're...
Night Life & Entertainment: Nou Camp
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
Kerala is one of the top-ranking tourist destinations in India. There are so many locations around the world in order to celebrate holidays. But if...
General: Perfect Holiday Trip to Munnar
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This restaurant is a great place to try the various local cusines and dishes of Malaysia. A tip here is if you are interested to try the local...
Food: Restoran Mustika Zamzam
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Hoa Binh, Vietnam
The valley is Mai Chau town of Hoa Binh province which is located 135km southwest of Hanoi. The word “valley” means that it is surrounded by...
General: How to experience your tour in Mai Chau?