Greenwich Observatory, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > Greenwich Observatory
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
There are a lot of amazing exhibitions, like the Astronomy Photographer of the Year at Royal Observatory. The North-West Passage exhibition is in the National Maritime Museum and is about the explorers who tried to find or crossed the Passage and about the Inuit people who live in the area for thousands of years. But these are only two of the many amazing exhibitions offered.
The Planetarium is not for free, but there are some amazing shows here, that worth some expense. The Ice Worlds, The Invaders of Mars and the other shows are not available every day, so you should check the Planetarium shows' schedule before you decide, but there are plenty of shows, so you will always find one. :)
There are very nice collections of flags, ship models and maps in the Maritime Museum, it's like a huge toy-house for boys. :)
Note that the Observatory is very busy on weekends in the afternoon.
Royal Observatory and Planetarium, Blackheath Ave SE10 8XJ
National Maritime Museum, Romney Road Greenwich, London
The admission to the Queen's House, National Maritime Museum and Royal Observatory is FREE!
Tickets for the Planetarium Shows cost:
Adults 6 Pounds
Children 4 Pounds
Family 16 Pounds
Note that there are special plane
Queen's House, National Maritime Museum and Royal Observatory from 10am to 5pm.
How to get there:
Nearest DLR station is Cutty Shark, its approx. 15 minutes by walking from both the Museum and the Observatory.
Nearest train station is Maze Hill, 8 min. from the Museum and 13 min. from the Observatory.
You can also go with a cruise or riv
Recent travel tips for London
- British MuseumThe British Museum is one of the biggest and most famous museums in London. Personally, I found it the most interesting one. There are many expositions in it and every month there is a special exposition too. This month, until the end of [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Try the London EyeIf you really want to enjoy a sighseeing in London I would recommanded for you a ride on London Eye. You need to book the tickets before(minimum 2 days before) to get one and you\'ll must stay in a line for 2-3 hours, but after all this [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Travel partnerI need a partner to travel withi need a partner to travel withi need a partner to travel with [...]D: 4063.7mi00
- Changing the GuardChanging the Guard at Buckingham Palace one of the best free activities in London. It takes place at the courtyard of the Palace at 11:30, but you should arrive there early to get a good view. There are some ceremonial days when there is no [...]D: 1.8mi00
- FlyAfrica Travel AgencyAfrican Travel Agency Few places on the blue planet offer an excellent level of variety to get you close to the wildlife, experience the vibe of flourishing cities as well as enjoy surfing with some of the highest waves you can ever [...]D: 1mi00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
If you are going to Costa Rica to surf like 95% of the tourist do, then you cant miss Playa Hermosa. This beach has the best breaks in Costa Rica...
Beaches : Playa Hermosa
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
Henley On Thames, United Kingdom
Make sure you have a whole day for the amazing River and Rowing Museum if you are in Henley on Themes or in the area. It is very large and has many...
Outdoors Activities: For the Whole Family
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
Are you interested in hiring a personal tour guide on your trip to Peru? Hire a professional interpreter & Guide in Peru you can contact him...
General: Tour Guide in Lima, Peru
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
The most exciting tour you might ever take part in is the Denver Inside and Out Tour which is full of interesting games, mysteries and puzzles to...
Outdoors Activities: Denver Inside and Out Tour
San Antonio, Texas
You can learn so many things if you decide to take part on a tour in the San Antonio Missions National Park. The missions that have been conserved...
Outdoors Activities: San Antonio Missions National Park
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach