British Museum, London, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > London > British Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Great Russell St
London, WC1B, United Kingdom
Free, except exhibitions
Daily, between 10 AM and 5:30 PM
How to get there:
The nearest underground stations to the Museum are:
Holborn (approximately 7 minutes on foot)
Tottenham Court Road (approx. 6 minutes on foot)
Russell Square (approx. 10 minutes on foot)
Goodge Street (approx. 13 minutes on foo
Recent travel tips for London
- MoroccoTraveling around the world with no money seems impossible but in reality, it is certainly possible. You need to be passionate and be willing to take them. Mostly travel lovers afraid to take advice when it comes to travel the world for [...]D: 1mi00
- Downton Abbey ToursThe Downton Abbey set areas are few minutes drive from London. Explorers can pick their own particular Downton Abbey experience. Independently directed tours through Highclere, and in addition private and gathering tour through both the [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Tuna, Pineapple and Manny PacquiaoLots of Tuna, Pineapple and hometown of Manny Pacquiao [...]D: n/a00
- Lotus Chalets is a hotel in SooriyawewaWelcome to Lotus Chalets Nature Resorts Lotus Chalets is a hotel in Sooriyawewa or an Eco resort close to Sooriyaweva cricket stadium and an ideal place for your Udawalawe safaries which is 20 minutes drive from Lotus Chalets, and 15 [...]D: 5500.8mi00
- Free ConcertsThere are some extraordinary organ concerts in Westminster Abbey on every Sunday afternoon from 17:45. They take approximately half an hour and the acoustic is amazing in the Abbey. There are various well-known artists who are playing and [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about London you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
If you visited the museum at Uhldingen, it´s just one step, to go swimming in the Lake of Constance. For example at the lake baths of Kressbron or...
Outdoors Activities: Swimming at the Lake of Constance
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This Restaurant Nilla is a very famous among the locals and even among tourists as this restaurant is known for its banana-lead food. Many regard...
Food: Restaurant Nilla
In 1903 the British monarch, Edward VII visited Lisbon, on a reassurance of the Anglo-Portuguese alliance, and after his visit, the park...
Sightseeing: Eduardo VII Park in Lisbon
Kids of every age can enjoy this museum where you can learn so much. Almost every exhibit in the Explorium museum provides a hands-on experience,...
Family & Fun: Explorium