Kitt Peak National Observatory, Tucson, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Tucson > Kitt Peak National Observatory
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The tour guide is really passionate about its work and know everything about the telescopes so we could ask him anything and he was able to provide an accurate answer. The view from the observation deck is amazing, I just regret we couldn't go to the night-time tour, I'm sure the stars through such a telescope are beautiful. Highly recommending it!
Tucson, AZ 85726, USA
Adults: $7.75 (summer)/ $9.75 (winter)
Children: $3.25/ $4.25
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Tucson
- Rocco's Little ChicagoMaybe the best pizzas in town you can find in Rocco's Little Chicago, which is a cozy little locale serving basically Italian food. The service is great, top-notch, the pizza is amazingly delicious and cheesy as hell (in a good way). [...]D: 6.6mi00
- Li'l Abner's SteakhouseWith a decoration not really for the faint hearted, Li'l Abner's Steakhouse, however has the best steak prepared on open grill in town. Juicy and delicious, there's nothing like the steaks at Lil's. You can find the place [...]D: 19.4mi00
- Café Terra CottaA beautiful little restaurant that features Southwestern cuisine, the Cafe Terra Cotta is located on Sunrise Drive and is a local favorite in Tucson. Their creative dishes, stylish inside welcome customers who will return several times [...]D: 13.3mi00
- Pima Air and Space MuseumIf you are into aviation or just flying, than the Prima Air and Space Museum is your heaven on earth. They have more than 300 airplanes on display, ranging from old to new, historically and technologically significant. There is also a bus [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Houston's Horseback RidingFor friends or families with younger/older children, Houston's Horseback Riding in Tucson offers the best outdoor activity you can get. Either you want to take part at a guided trailing tour or attend a lesson in horse riding, you will [...]D: 14.6mi00
Things about Tucson you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to rent rooms there for holidays, call the local tourist office. They can give you a long list of hotels and and so called 'pensionen'.
General: Tourisst acommodations
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
This cruise is lasts 1,5 hour. During the cruise more of the main sights can be seen (Parliament, Caste district, Gellért Hill, Palace of Arts,...
Sightseeing: Cruise on Danube
Tripoli - Sabrata - Nalut - Ghadames - Ghat - Acacus - Murzuk Sand Sea -Wadi Mathendoush - Germa - Ubari Sand Sea – Desert Lakes - Sabha -...
General: Detailed tour tip
With many and interesting exhibits, not to mention an arboretum and a huge collection of various animals, the Louisville Zoo should definitely be...
Family & Fun: Louisville Zoo
New York, New York
This place is a popular hangout for both locals and tourists. It offers some of the most amazing views over New York. The place is huge with plenty...
Outdoors Activities: 230 Fifth
A really fun place for children, where they can take rides and enjoy their surroundings is in Funderland. It is conveniently close to the...
Family & Fun: Funderland
Saint Paul, Minnesota
When traveling to other cities, countries I always look up the oldest buildings and churches. These buildings can give you a glimpse into the past,...
Sightseeing: Cathedral of St. Paul
Santa Ana, California
In the foothills of the Santa Ana mountains, at the Santiago Creek river, the famous Helena Modjeska Historic House is located. The house and its...
History & Culture: Helena Modjeska Historic House
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz