Kitt Peak National Observatory, Tucson, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Tucson > Kitt Peak National Observatory
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The tour guide is really passionate about its work and know everything about the telescopes so we could ask him anything and he was able to provide an accurate answer. The view from the observation deck is amazing, I just regret we couldn't go to the night-time tour, I'm sure the stars through such a telescope are beautiful. Highly recommending it!
Tucson, AZ 85726, USA
Adults: $7.75 (summer)/ $9.75 (winter)
Children: $3.25/ $4.25
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Tucson
- Li'l Abner's SteakhouseWith a decoration not really for the faint hearted, Li'l Abner's Steakhouse, however has the best steak prepared on open grill in town. Juicy and delicious, there's nothing like the steaks at Lil's. You can find the place [...]D: 19.4mi00
- Café Terra CottaA beautiful little restaurant that features Southwestern cuisine, the Cafe Terra Cotta is located on Sunrise Drive and is a local favorite in Tucson. Their creative dishes, stylish inside welcome customers who will return several times [...]D: 13.3mi00
- San Xavier del Bac MissionA beautiful white structure, still in restoration process, though, the San Xavier del Bac Mission is beautiful in its white simplicity, but you are taken away by the colorful frescoes inside. With a small museum and an amazing courtyard, [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Arizona State MuseumFocusing on the cultures and history of the Native Americans of the southwest, the Arizona State Museum is a must-see museum for anyone who is interested in history. Located inside the University of Arizona, the museum is sometimes filled [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Old Tucson StudiosThe best place for fun and entertainment in Tucson is definitely the Old Tucson Studios, which only a few minutes drive south of the city, is the location where many famous western movies were set. Having a historical importance regarding [...]D: 12.2mi00
Things about Tucson you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go...
Sightseeing: Roman building remnants
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
Do, by no means miss pork leg and lamb leg here. It is exceptional how they make it, they say this region is the only place where you can find it...
Food: Asador Tierra Aranda
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
Buena Park, California
This is the Halloween event of the well known theme park, Knott's Berry Farm. You should really see it. It offers everything you would expect...
Family & Fun: Great Halloween Program at Knott's Scary Farm
The most wonderful and entertaining place to take your kids while on holiday in Cincinnati is the Duke Energy Children's Museum in the...
Family & Fun: Duke Energy Children's Museum
As a big island on the Detroit River, Belle Isle has been a heavenly getaway for people who are in the middle of the city’s busy everyday life. ...
Sightseeing: A fountain on Belle Isle
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT