Venice Travel Tips, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Venice travel tips
Legend - Choose one or more of these Venice travel tip categories:
- General (3)
- History & Culture (4)
- Night Life & Entertainment (2)
- Food (5)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Public Transportation (1)
Browse Venice travel tips
Note: The map above will allow you to easily view other travelers' Venice travel tips. You can also select a tip category from below if you'd like to perform more specific searches. If you'd like to join in the fun and help other travelers out, we encourage you to post your own travel tips for Venice or any other city. Enjoy reading these tips and do not hesitate to ask about any details about any of these Venice travel tips.
Recent travel tips for Venice
- The Venice Experience Backstreet TourWhen we decided to visit Venice we booked in advance a tour of the small alleys and narrower canals of the city. The Venice Experience Backstreet Tour gave us a glimpse on the more private and intimate side of the famous city. Though [...]D: n/a00
- Teatro La FeniceThe theater of the Phoenix has truly lived up to its reputation, rising from the ashes and becoming one of the prestigious opera houses in Venice. The Teatro La Fenice has been burned down several times, and renovated and reopened in 2004. [...]D: 0.8mi01
- Piccolo Mondo Bar in VeniceOne of the oldest and maybe the smallest clubs in Italy, the Piccolo Mondo Bar is a hidden jewel in the heart of Venice. Many locals visit the bar after the restaurants have closed, because it is open until 4am. It is quite a [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Musica a PalazzoWe had a beautiful night at the Musica a Palazzo a few months back. We watched the La Traviata and it was just magnificent. The whole show was great, highly entertaining. And though we didn't understand everything, (opera is not easy [...]D: n/a00
- Da Forni RestaurantThough having a reputation of being perfect for business meetings, with its chandelier and silver cutlery, the Da Forni Restaurant is an elegant restaurant and is visited by tourists as well. They have excellent service and the best wine [...]D: 1mi00
- Hotel DanieliOne of the oldest and most prestigious hotels in Venice, the Hotel Danieli has been a palace and the home of the Doge Dandolo's family. It has been restyled several times and though the modern part of the hotel has every necessity, it [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Cafe FlorianIt may be the most expensive cafes in Venice, but Cafe Florian is history and a work of art in itself. It has been preserved almost like a museum, being Europe's oldest cafe, opened in 1720 and has been the visiting place of famous [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Getting Around in VeniceThe concept of public transportation might not suite this city, for getting around in Venice means that people have to move around either on foot or on boats. There are no cars or buses, only bikes and the typical venetian boats: [...]D: n/a00
- Gondola Ride in VeniceFor a more Venetian experience, a gondola ride should not be missed, even if it might be a little expensive for you taste. Depending on the season and of course on the gondolier, the prices vary and usually include the tip but if you [...]D: n/a00
- Il Muro RestaurantThis cozy little restaurant is really hard to find, but once you've found it, you might return there every time you want to eat in a restaurant. Though mostly locals visit the Il Muro and the menu is also in Italian, you shouldn't [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)The place where Italy's doges sat and 'commanded' is found in the San Marco square and dates back to the 12th century. The Doge's Palace was built in a Gothic style, the building holds secrets that gathered up through the [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Hotel Al Ponte MocenigoLocated in a perfect are, close the water taxi station and the train station, Al Ponte Mocenigo Hotel offers comfortable and elegant accommodation. Their rooms and spacious, and clean, not to mention they provide a beautiful view on the [...]D: 0.6mi10
- Cantinone StoricoThe view was spectacular from this cozy little restaurant, quite near to the Guggenheim Museum. We booked our table in advance, and because we had such a good weather all week, we asked for a table on their terrace. It was the best choice, [...]D: n/a00
- Piazza San MarcoThe perfect description of Piazza San Marco is the place of change and variety. You can experience so many things in this 175m long place. The shows, performances and the feeling of your surroundings changes from hour to hour and from [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Rialto BridgeThe Rialto Bridge is exactly in the center of Venice, so you can feel safe when you see it, for you can't be lost there, especially because everyone knows it and you can just grab a cab to your hotel from there. As its history goes, [...]D: n/a00
- All' Antica MolaThe best thing about this place is that it's not at all touristy. A perfect 'off the beaten path' place filled only with locals. The cuisine is authentic Venetian and open 24/7, the place is cozy and the staff hearty. You will fall in [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Al MascaronIt's a rather nice little place with good regional food. There are about 60 places and the atmosphere is very friendly, so it is great for parties if you want to rent a place. Also, two big pluses are that it is reachable for disabled [...]D: 1mi10
- The city centerIf you visit Venice, make a walk through all the small streets. And also take a look over the Marcus Place in the center. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Venice you may be interested in
Recent Venice flights found by Travelgrove users
- $649 Multiple Airlines
flightnetwork.com check price
From To Departure Time Toronto, ON (YYZ) Venice, IT (VCE) 09/04/2015 06:30 pm Venice, IT (VCE) Toronto, ON (YYZ) 09/20/2015 12:00 pm
- $677 Aeroflot
faredepot.com check price
From To Departure Time New York, NY (JFK) Venice, IT (VCE) 09/07/2015 02:20 pm Venice, IT (VCE) New York, NY (JFK) 09/19/2015 11:55 pm
- $758 Thy Turkish Airlines
flighthub.com check price
From To Departure Time Washington DC, DC (IAD) Venice, IT (VCE) 04/17/2015 11:25 pm Venice, IT (VCE) Washington DC, DC (IAD) 04/26/2015 07:30 am
More travel tips you might be interested in
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was never really into seafood, so when my friends took me to Joe Forte's I was a bit skeptical about the delicatessen that they offered. As we...
Food: Joe Forte's, seafood in Vancouver
Beijing Shi, China
[url=http://www.beijinglandscapes.com/huangshan-tour.html]Huangshan Tour [/url] [url=http://www.badaling-great-wall.com]Badaling Great Wall[/url]
General: Huangshan Tour
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
The public transportation in the city is not as reliable as one would think. For me for instance, last time the trip to the airport took more than...
Public Transportation: The bank of the Seine
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
The city, where passing regimes have left their footprints as beautiful memories of time; recites many tales in the silence of its monuments....
History & Culture: History Comes Alive in Verona’s Ageless Beauty
Beside the Cowboys Stadium, one other huge structure that is worth a visit is definitely the Arlington Rangers Ballpark. There are guided tours In...
Sports & Wellness : Arlington Rangers Ballpark
Charlotte, North Carolina
The best and most efficient way to discover Charlotte is by taking Charlotte's Longest-Running Daily City Tour by Queen City Tours and Travel.
History & Culture: Queen City Tours and Travel
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
San Diego, California
The Art Center is located in Balboa park, it is a center of many galleries and studios. When we were there, the artist were very nice and happy to...
History & Culture: Spanish Village Art Center