Rialto Bridge, Venice, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Venice > Rialto Bridge
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
As its history goes, wooden bridges were built in the place where now the stone ponte (bridge) stands. They were all destroyed by fire so a stone bridge was built to hold the passersby and keep safe against fire.
It is a magnificent sight, with small souvenir shops and very many people.
Recent travel tips for Venice
- Piazza San MarcoThe perfect description of Piazza San Marco is the place of change and variety. You can experience so many things in this 175m long place. The shows, performances and the feeling of your surroundings changes from hour to hour and from [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Hotel DanieliOne of the oldest and most prestigious hotels in Venice, the Hotel Danieli has been a palace and the home of the Doge Dandolo's family. It has been restyled several times and though the modern part of the hotel has every necessity, it [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Il Muro RestaurantThis cozy little restaurant is really hard to find, but once you've found it, you might return there every time you want to eat in a restaurant. Though mostly locals visit the Il Muro and the menu is also in Italian, you shouldn't [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Getting Around in VeniceThe concept of public transportation might not suite this city, for getting around in Venice means that people have to move around either on foot or on boats. There are no cars or buses, only bikes and the typical venetian boats: [...]D: n/a00
- The Venice Experience Backstreet TourWhen we decided to visit Venice we booked in advance a tour of the small alleys and narrower canals of the city. The Venice Experience Backstreet Tour gave us a glimpse on the more private and intimate side of the famous city. Though [...]D: n/a00
Things about Venice you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
New Norfolk, Australia
Norfolk Island is the best place to live, to travel and to relax. It is a beautiful island with sandy beaches, high mountains covered with tall...
General: Heaven on earth
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
I am a loving lady who is seeking for my true love, I want to end my loneliness
General: Am a good girl
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Portland has tons of great cafes, but if you are a tea purist (or if you feel like having something other than your daily espresso), check out The...
Food: Tao of Tea in Portland
Vietnam Photography tours, by Custom Vietnam Travel, are designed to help you discover the best that Vietnam has to offer. The tours are to create...
Outdoors Activities: Take chances for capturing the most impressive photos in Vietnam
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market