Rialto Bridge, Venice, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Venice > Rialto Bridge
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
As its history goes, wooden bridges were built in the place where now the stone ponte (bridge) stands. They were all destroyed by fire so a stone bridge was built to hold the passersby and keep safe against fire.
It is a magnificent sight, with small souvenir shops and very many people.
Recent travel tips for Venice
- Hotel DanieliOne of the oldest and most prestigious hotels in Venice, the Hotel Danieli has been a palace and the home of the Doge Dandolo's family. It has been restyled several times and though the modern part of the hotel has every necessity, it [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Piccolo Mondo Bar in VeniceOne of the oldest and maybe the smallest clubs in Italy, the Piccolo Mondo Bar is a hidden jewel in the heart of Venice. Many locals visit the bar after the restaurants have closed, because it is open until 4am. It is quite a [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Musica a PalazzoWe had a beautiful night at the Musica a Palazzo a few months back. We watched the La Traviata and it was just magnificent. The whole show was great, highly entertaining. And though we didn't understand everything, (opera is not easy [...]D: n/a00
- Piazza San MarcoThe perfect description of Piazza San Marco is the place of change and variety. You can experience so many things in this 175m long place. The shows, performances and the feeling of your surroundings changes from hour to hour and from [...]D: 0.9mi00
- The Venice Experience Backstreet TourWhen we decided to visit Venice we booked in advance a tour of the small alleys and narrower canals of the city. The Venice Experience Backstreet Tour gave us a glimpse on the more private and intimate side of the famous city. Though [...]D: n/a00
Things about Venice you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
Széchenyi is the biggest spa in Budapest with 18 thermal pools. All pools, saunas, steam cabins, fitness rooms and massage service are available....
Family & Fun: Széchenyi Spa
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
This Museum is a great place to know more about the Chinese origin in Johor Bahru. This would be the ideal place if you would like to know more...
History & Culture: Chinese Heritage Muesum
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
Las Pinas, Philippines
MARBLES resto bar, billiards and ktv located along Alabang Zapote road has been one of Las Pinas' pioneer gimmick spots with its 11 pool tables,...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar, Billiards,KTV and Live Bands
Key West, Florida
Though it is a bit far for only a dinner (you have to travel by ferry about half an hour if you go from Key West Hilton), the Cafe is set in a...
Food: Latitudes Beach Café in Key West
La Jolla, California
Westfield Shoppingtown UTC with its fantastically beautiful promenade operates more than 160 selected stores. There are, for example, Abercrombie &...
Shopping: Westfield hoppingtown UTC
For quite a reasonable price you can take a two hour of the Paramount Theater in Oakland on Broadway street. If you are lucky and catch the 1st or...
History & Culture: Paramount Theatre
Raleigh, North Carolina
For a taste of some real 19th century history, you should definitely go to the Historic Oakwood district which is the only remaining, intact area...
History & Culture: Historic Oakwood