Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale), Venice, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Venice > Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The bridge that connects the Venetian Prison with the Palace is called the Bridge of Sighs, because the prisoners who were sent to jail or executed saw moonlight for the last time. Quite sorrowful.
Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy
Visit the website for info on ticket prices.
Daily from 9am to 7pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Venice
- The Venice Experience Backstreet TourWhen we decided to visit Venice we booked in advance a tour of the small alleys and narrower canals of the city. The Venice Experience Backstreet Tour gave us a glimpse on the more private and intimate side of the famous city. Though [...]D: n/a00
- The city centerIf you visit Venice, make a walk through all the small streets. And also take a look over the Marcus Place in the center. [...]D: n/a00
- Il Muro RestaurantThis cozy little restaurant is really hard to find, but once you've found it, you might return there every time you want to eat in a restaurant. Though mostly locals visit the Il Muro and the menu is also in Italian, you shouldn't [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Al MascaronIt's a rather nice little place with good regional food. There are about 60 places and the atmosphere is very friendly, so it is great for parties if you want to rent a place. Also, two big pluses are that it is reachable for disabled [...]D: 1mi10
- Getting Around in VeniceThe concept of public transportation might not suite this city, for getting around in Venice means that people have to move around either on foot or on boats. There are no cars or buses, only bikes and the typical venetian boats: [...]D: n/a00
Things about Venice you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Most of Shanghai's glamorous bars are located on the Bund, and this one is as glamorous as you can get. Glamour Bar (very appropriately named)...
Night Life & Entertainment: Glamour Bar
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
If you are in Oradea don't miss to visit the Roman Catholic Episcopal Cathedral, the largest baroque church in Romania - it's also one of the most...
History & Culture: Roman Catholic Episcopal Cathedral - Bazilica
Es gibt das ganze Jahr ueber einen grossen Zirkus und einen Rummel.
Family & Fun: Zirkus und Rummel
I have never seen a house from which only the pillars remained after it burned down. When I saw the mansion in rural Lauderdale County I was amazed...
History & Culture: Forks of Cypress, a Mysterious Plantation
Las Vegas, Nevada
Never pay full price for a show in Vegas. Look for 1/2 price tickets at Tickets 4 Tonight. Several locations all over Vegas and on the strip. They...
Night Life & Entertainment: 1/2 price shows
The nicest place in Napa, I dare say. It's a French restaurant, as its name suggests and has an incredibly good cuisine. Everything is simply...
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide
If you like wandering throught the nature combined with climbing, you should definitely go to Zermatt. There is also an special railway,...
Outdoors Activities: Mountains and nature