Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale), Venice, Italy
Travel tips > Europe > Italy > Venice > Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The bridge that connects the Venetian Prison with the Palace is called the Bridge of Sighs, because the prisoners who were sent to jail or executed saw moonlight for the last time. Quite sorrowful.
Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy
Visit the website for info on ticket prices.
Daily from 9am to 7pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Venice
- Musica a PalazzoWe had a beautiful night at the Musica a Palazzo a few months back. We watched the La Traviata and it was just magnificent. The whole show was great, highly entertaining. And though we didn't understand everything, (opera is not easy [...]D: n/a00
- Gondola Ride in VeniceFor a more Venetian experience, a gondola ride should not be missed, even if it might be a little expensive for you taste. Depending on the season and of course on the gondolier, the prices vary and usually include the tip but if you [...]D: n/a00
- Cantinone StoricoThe view was spectacular from this cozy little restaurant, quite near to the Guggenheim Museum. We booked our table in advance, and because we had such a good weather all week, we asked for a table on their terrace. It was the best choice, [...]D: n/a00
- Piccolo Mondo Bar in VeniceOne of the oldest and maybe the smallest clubs in Italy, the Piccolo Mondo Bar is a hidden jewel in the heart of Venice. Many locals visit the bar after the restaurants have closed, because it is open until 4am. It is quite a [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Getting Around in VeniceThe concept of public transportation might not suite this city, for getting around in Venice means that people have to move around either on foot or on boats. There are no cars or buses, only bikes and the typical venetian boats: [...]D: n/a00
Things about Venice you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
Vancouver, British Columbia
I was never really into seafood, so when my friends took me to Joe Forte's I was a bit skeptical about the delicatessen that they offered. As we...
Food: Joe Forte's, seafood in Vancouver
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
Lake Powell is one of the best places you can visit if you're looking for some outdoors activities. To me a lake in the desert is simply amazing...
Outdoors Activities: Renting a Boat at Lake Powell
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head